• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
3052798668.png

Dat upload speed :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
anyone know if you have to pay for stuff to get the cards or can you idle the game...

Since it's a F2P game, you have to spend at least $9 in-game to be eligible for each card drop. But there is no in-game (Steam) store yet so technically nobody can get cards.

Turfster

When do ass creed games usually get a discount after release? I'm thinking about getting either Batman or Assflag but both of those get discounted a lot pretty soon after release don't they.

Winter sale too soon or?
Winter sale would be way too soon for Assflag.
At best you'll get 33% off, I think.

neoism

Since it's a F2P game, you have to spend at least $9 in-game to be eligible for each card drop. But there is no in-game (Steam) store yet so technically nobody can get cards.

k thanks what I thought I had it downloaded in the beta and only played it about 4 hours or so... gameplay is just not that great...

jshackles

Some people will take your post seriously you know :p.

Right now it's true. See here.

I'm sure this will be fixed soon. Somehow, there are a few cards trickling into the market but their very existence is a complete mystery.

Grief.exe

Whoa, what is this?

KGakE0x.png

Greetings and salutations fellow intrepid explorers! Have you ever wondered what incredible powers are hidden within the mysterious Maxwell? Well, now you can unleash his otherworldly shadow helpers in our latest update!
In addition, we've included a new, free horror mod that's sure to scare those who dare try it. But that's not all, we've also implemented a new section to the mods screen displaying the top five mods of the day! Very soon you will be able to expand your game with five of the most popular mods our community have created. If you're looking for a place to discuss these new improvements, we have just a thing! Read onward for our complete release notes.
all's well that's maxwell poster

UPDATE POSTER!
There's a new one! And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. If you click on it, it will grow to a creepy-crawly gargantuan size using the infinite powers of the internet... and Maxwell!
MAJOR UPDATE NOTES:
Characters:
Maxwell can now summon his shadow helpers for support in combat - up to three of these can be summoned to follow and fight alongside maxwell.

ds_updatePoster_allswellthatmaxwell_sml.png

New Horror Mod:
The Screecher is a free horror mod for Don't Starve. It is included as free content for all owners!
don't starve the screecher
Creatures & Items:
Defeated Mosquitoes now drop loot!
The "Totally Normal Tree" now spawns in the world.
Tweaks & Changes:
Creatures
Depth Worm attacks ramp up over an increased time period.
Spitter Spiders' projectile range and speed have been decreased.
Items:
Miner Hats can now be refueled with light bulbs or fireflies.
Wickerbottom's books now have descriptions!
The Tooth Trap and Bee Mines can no longer be packed to closely by dropping them.
General:
Main menu buttons have been rearranged.
New animations to mining and book reading have been added.
Feedback has been improved when character takes damage over time.
New, additional music have been added to the Ruins.
The text widget and console focus have been improved.
Controller/gamepad input have been improved - action button will now harvest farms, crockpots and drying racks.
Mod Support:
A new "Top Mods" section has been added to the mods screen. Very soon, it will show the top five most popular mods of the day.
Mods can now specify a save slot instead of using slots 1-4.
Sublime Text, a script editor, has been packaged with the mod tools in Steam!
Road Textures can now be overwritten by a mod
If you want to discuss the latest update among other fellow champions of science, you can head over to our update post on the official Don't Starve Forum! You'll also get the complete list of game tweaks and fixes in our full release notes.
- See more at: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/#sthash.DZiajLOe.dpuf

ngt

Anyone from Italy here? Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition is on sale for 1.49€ at gamesrocket.it but I've never heard of this store and it has been taken down from reddit on suspicion of being a keystore. Has anyone heard about that store?

jshackles

Waiting on high quality medal artwork, but have the new WSGF certifications working with Enhanced Steam.

sq6hSoH.png

At this time, 21:9 and 4K medals will be hidden if they're marked as "Incomplete", since most of them are.

FloatOn

Speaking of football, did you fine folks hear that Orlando City is now part of the MLS?

This is relevant because Orlando is where I reside. Although I'm currently in Atlanta on business, which I suppose is the reason why I'm rambling on like this.

Life without gamez is boring you know?

why does the homepage for CAG say the soul reaver games are all $< 2 on GMG atm but when i click on them they are $7? wtf? i'd buy them if they were 1.75.

Dr Dogg

I can see PoE definitely sucking away at any and all free time I have left now. Anyone have an idea if the login with Steam option creates an account or is it going to be for a separate soon to come Steam store?

*looks at pages of speedtest.net results*

Oh good god, what have I done? Note to self never post a speed result ever again even if to illustrate a point.

jshackles

Modbot lighting raffle: Halloween sale-anticipation edition!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ravaged Zombie Apocolypse -- MB-1B2CC45D607114F4 - Taken by Exuro. 1 entrants total.
Killing Floor Complete Pack -- MB-521F20F3EAD94931 - Taken by Turfster. 3 entrants total.
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-EA5FE54EE8C3E71D - Taken by Stumpokapow. 5 entrants total.
Painkiller Black Edition -- MB-5FBE9EA4E185246F - Taken by Cheddahz. 2 entrants total.

t1382566103z1.png

They are on sale fairly consistently at GMG, and other sites as well, don't sweat it too much.

Soul Reaver 1 is on my wishlist, I have never played that game before.

i played it on the dreamcast a bit, i'll just say this; it's the kind of game where you'll NEED to have a pen and paper next to you to write some stuff down, as there's no map system and the teleporting is done via symbols. no idea if 2 remedied that or not. great open worldish games tho.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Tim Schafer just finished giving a conference here in my city. And here I am, still at work :/

Here's hoping the people who saw him were able to appreciate it, at least.
You bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom