• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And...we're back.

So hyped for Starbound tomorrow. I never experienced the full Terraria experience (only have it on IOS) but damn, every piece of Starbound info sounds awesome

KiDdYoNe

And again, just a little heads up for the new thread and summing up the other:

Mafia II is now 75% off, not 50%.

Sale was good. Couldn't resist some of the deals and eventually ended up with Hammerwatch, Deponia, Dark Souls, and Shadow Warrior, which im gonna play right now. Hello to everyone who thought there's gonna be another day. Stil, yesterday's dailies are here and you can have some fun. About fun, btw: funny thing is, that as i thought there's gonna be another day and wanted to maybe pick up Spelunky/something else and the actuall buy from the Steam Sale was Manhunt + Bully bundle from Amazon :D

Hope you are already preparing, because you know, winter (and the real fun) is comming.

Jase, i want that steam skin too...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh, wow, I wasn't expecting it to actually work:

m2jpqyct6.jpg

I just added the game to my cart and checked out. Steam converted my cart to Steam AU but let me complete the purchase.
lol, the stars were definitely aligned for this purchase.

StAidan

Sweet. I enjoyed the autumn sale but saved most of my money for the end of the month. Won't post any of those silly damage lists here, but I will say Spelunky is my best buy of the sale.

Arthea

Oh, wow, I wasn't expecting it to actually work:

scary.pic

I just added the game to my cart and checked out. Steam converted my cart to Steam AU but let me complete the purchase.

And you still think it's coincidence or gods? (><)

So glad to have the real thread back.

Since were here can anyone tell me about Tron 2.0?
Someone is sending it to me since I love tron and I forgot this even existed.
I know it's made by monolith yet no one ever talks about it like they do NOLF.
I thought it was great. Beautiful environments, fun disc combat, lightcycle mode plays like you'd expect. Worth playing.

Copons

Holy shit if is ugly the Steam homepage without sales!

Anyway, here is my so much waited Autumn Sale loot:

FUCKING EVERYTHING I'VE KILLED THE THIRD BOSS OF ROGUE LEGACY I'M SUCH A PRO

JakeD

me and my buddy bought farming sim 2013 back during the summer for $7 or so...we drove around in tractors and crashed into each other for an hour. it was totally worth it.

im sure its a pretty decent farming sim, but its a great online tractor crashing sim

cicero

Mediocre sale, but at least I managed to pick up Shadow Warrior.

If you are aren't also looking at other outlets like GMG/Amazon/GamersGate/Indie Bundles/etc to help pick up the slack and accentuate your Steam sales, you are doing it wrong. Out of all the games I bought I probably only got 20% direct via Steam. By a slight margin I thought this sale was my favorite Autumn sale yet.

derExperte

So glad to have the real thread back.

Since were here can anyone tell me about Tron 2.0?
Someone is sending it to me since I love tron and I forgot this even existed.
I know it's made by monolith yet no one ever talks about it like they do NOLF.

Ahhh, Tron 2.0. Loved it, looking back a better sequel than the second movie. Then everyone forgot about it, it's not even a Vampire Bloodlines situation, it totally disappeared and no one remembers.

denx

Reminder to everyone that yesterday's dailies are still going on for the next 23 or so hours, so you can still pick up Tomb raider, Shadow Warrior, Dust and the like for cheap.

Backlogger

All I got was Far Cry 3. Playing it now and loving it!

I apparently missed the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for $10 on Amazon? FAIL!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hope everyone had a great sale and hopefully you guys found Enhanced Steam useful
when the servers weren't melting
. If not I'm always welcome to feedback. :)

mileS

Yea I've had friends tell me this was a bad sale as well. Not for me...

Shadow Warrior
The Stanley Parable
Spelunky
Gunpoint
Thomas was alone
CS:GO
Gone Home

In terms of quality for money spent, I'd say thats a fuckin home run. I will admit there was a couple days looking at the flash and daily sales being like "really? realllly?" Also could have waited on Stanley Parable to get cheaper but after playing the demo I HAD to get it right away.
I was pissed to see DmC (one of the only games I really wanted this sale) to have nothing, not even a minor discount. Pretty stupid considering that game has been on sale about 5-6 times this year. I guess I picked the wrong time of year to really crave that game.

okayfrog

Banned
Picked up a bit more than I should have, but oh well. From what I've played that I got during the sale:

Gone Home: Meh, not worth it.

Rogue Legacy: No qualms yet, but have only sunk an hour into it. Friend got about 15 or so out of it, so should be fun. Oh, actually, one qualm: Don't like how prices fluctuate without telling me. Kinda annoying when I have money planned out to be spent and I go to the castle screen and the prices have changed for armor or runes, meaning I have to give all my money up. Really annoying, all that should be on one screen.

Super Hexagon: Beat Hexagon level. So far, I really dislike it. It's not twitch gameplay when I have to plan out my moves a whole second in advance. Really wish I could control the arrow with my mouse. I looked it up and I saw people defending keyboard controls saying, "It'd be too easy with the mouse!" No, it'd be more precise with the mouse. It's then up to the developer to make the game difficult enough to where it couldn't be done with keyboard and can only be done with mouse. That being said, I played a bit of the Hyper levels and it seems like things move a bit faster, which is nice. Still annoyed by keyboard controls, though.

Assassin's Creed IV: Oh look, it's the same crap from Assassin's Creed III! Well, at least the ship gameplay is pretty fun. Don't really get the sense of exploration, unfortunately.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Love me some sim games. If that game had internet radio as well it'd be a no brainer for me. I'd blast some harvester of sorrow by metallica while I'm rollin over those corn fields.

You said Sims game have more depth than Animal Crossing though, especially the latest iterations.

I love me some Sims 3 but I'd argue about AC.

okayfrog

Banned
Enhanced Steam through IsThereAnyDeal is saying that Deus Ex was $0 on Amazon a few days ago. Anybody know anything about that?

Jawmuncher

Ahhh, Tron 2.0. Loved it, looking back a better sequel than the second movie. Then everyone forgot about it, it's not even a Vampire Bloodlines situation, it totally disappeared and no one remembers.

I thought it was great. Beautiful environments, fun disc combat, lightcycle mode plays like you'd expect. Worth playing.

Sounds like i'll be having fun. But yeah it's just odd how it has disappeared.
Only thing I can think of is because it's a game based on an IP thus a lot of people didn't give it a second look.

denx

Super Hexagon: Beat Hexagon level. So far, I really dislike it. It's not twitch gameplay when I have to plan out my moves a whole second in advance. Really wish I could control the arrow with my mouse. I looked it up and I saw people defending keyboard controls saying, "It'd be too easy with the mouse!" No, it'd be more precise with the mouse. It's then up to the developer to make the game difficult enough to where it couldn't be done with keyboard and can only be done with mouse. That being said, I played a bit of the Hyper levels and it seems like things move a bit faster, which is nice. Still annoyed by keyboard controls, though.

Same here. I never could get into Super Hexagon because of how annoying and imprecise I found the keyboard controls. Not really a game for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam through IsThereAnyDeal is saying that Deus Ex was $0 on Amazon a few days ago. Anybody know anything about that?

It's a bug. I've contacted IsThereAnyDeal but they have yet to fix it.

Rogue Legacy: No qualms yet, but have only sunk an hour into it. Friend got about 15 or so out of it, so should be fun. Oh, actually, one qualm: Don't like how prices fluctuate without telling me. Kinda annoying when I have money planned out to be spent and I go to the castle screen and the prices have changed for armor or runes, meaning I have to give all my money up. Really annoying, all that should be on one screen.

wut?

The only thing that changes prices are the runes, and thats because they increase the more you buy.

I'm deeply sorry guise, but I won't be buying any more Steam games in the foreseeable future. I finally made the decision to actually start playing the games in my backlog. So I guess I'll see you in about 10 years.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Same here. I never could get into Super Hexagon because of how annoying and imprecise I found the keyboard controls. Not really a game for me.

More suited for touch screen controls I believe. While I love it on iOS, on a computer with either controller support or mouse or keyboard I found it lost the amazing feel of control it held.

It should be named Yakuza.

SEGA would send Sonic to break their kneecaps. There is a reason we don't see any more Wreckless: Yakuza Mission games.

Derrick01

Banned
You said Sims game have more depth than Animal Crossing though, especially the latest iterations.

I love me some Sims 3 but I'd argue about AC.

Everything has more depth than animal crossing but I wasn't talking about those kind of sim games. I meant farming sim, euro truck sim. Stuff like that. I guess the former would be more comparable to harvest moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom