• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Not surprised about NS2, as soon as I saw a randomly high discount I figured it would likely end in a bundle soon.
Still bought it though, thought that at worst I'd just give the code to a friend and have one more person to play with.

Colin.

Humble Jumbo bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Natural Selection II
  • Sanctum 2
  • Magicka + DLC
TIER 2:7$
  • Orcs Must Die 2
  • Garry's Mod
  • Serious Sam 3 BFE

PS: LOL

Interesting. Already have Garry's Mod, and have no interest in Serious Sam. So may wait to see what the other BTA games are next week.

denx

Gonna buy the bundle for the tier 1 games. I want that Magicka DLC and an extra copy of NS2 to giveaway is sweet.

okayfrog

Banned
i've never noticed the armor's price changing. but i'm not sure im understanding the complaint of the tower portion. it only changes price when you are upgrading to the next level. ie: the first upgrade is probably 100, and the 10th upgrade is 1000. that's the only logical way to do it or else you'd be able to max out your armor level in like 3 runs

I know, and I understand. I just wish that it would show me what the prices are going to be if I purchased another item so I can plan out my budget better. Nothing sucks more than when I buy something and think I have enough gold for the next thing only to find out that I don't and that a couple hundred gold is going to go to waste because I didn't make my purchases correctly because the game didn't show me what the new prices are going to be.

cicero

Wario is reporting that Amazon Tony is trying to get Pac Man CE DX+ for 3.75 and Enslaved for 4.99-7.99, all Steam versions.

Interesting.

!@# MY COMMENT TO TONY WORKED?! Huzzah!

Hope everyone had a great sale and hopefully you guys found Enhanced Steam useful
when the servers weren't melting
. If not I'm always welcome to feedback. :)
Thank you for making Steam a better service and making it easier to find good deals.

chronomac

And that's what I get for buying Natural Selection 2, I guess. Here's some Humble leftovers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Natural Selection 2 -- MB-8F38C4956065708B
Magicka -- MB-70AD7F297CD5D471
both taken

Enjoy.

There you go

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-89E1F0DF6DCF06B6
Serious Same 3 -- MB-5ED95A7FC343DA66
both taken

Tellaerin

So glad to have the real thread back.

Since were here can anyone tell me about Tron 2.0?
Someone is sending it to me since I love tron and I forgot this even existed.
I know it's made by monolith yet no one ever talks about it like they do NOLF.

Tron 2.0 is fantastic, especially if you're a Tron fan. It plays well, the upgrade system is great, and the "inside the computer" visuals still hold up well today, with some really gorgeous level designs. In terms of story, Tron 2.0 feels like more of a sequel to the original Tron than Tron: Legacy did in a lot of ways, and it tackles some stuff that Kosinski and Co. deliberately shied away from (like showing us the internet from a program's POV). You can tell that these guys were fans of the source material - the game just feels like a labor of love in a lot of ways.

When you're ready to play, grab the v. 1.042 patch and the Killer App mod (for widescreen support and other fixes) from http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/.

Backlogger

Good Humble Bundle today, although I had all the Beat the Average Games I didn't have Natural Selection or Sanctum 2. Guess I will be gifting a Magicka+DLC copy in the near future :)

PriitV

Most consistent naming scheme for DLC's ever
NcpxjOl.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I *almost* bought Natural Selection on the Steam Sale.

I didn't notice Sanctum 2 on the Humble Bundle pack.

I don't have Garry's mod either.

I though it was a shitty bundle, but it turns out it's a great bundle!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great humble but I might have to pass since I own everything except the Orcs Must Die 2 DLC.

I might get rid of a few worthless bitcoins and pick up the BTA bundle later today for Modbot giveaways.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Has anyone figured out what the bonus games will be yet? Not sure if I want to BTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom