• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

Well...always hope for CStW today I guess. Their twitter account has left the situation unclear as to if it's been successfully submitted to Steam yet or not.

amdnv

Is Steam trolling me? Only Divinity shows up as 50% off. Homefront is the usual price (but the Prima Guide is 50% off).

PaulLFC

Pandoracell said:
Well...always hope for CStW today I guess. Their twitter account has left the situation unclear as to if it's been successfully submitted to Steam yet or not.

I think it has - it's in the registry, as is Breath of Death VII. Not sure when Steam will release them though.

Luigi87 said:
For a new page

Weekend Deals are: Homefront and Divinity II.
Anytime I see the word, "Homefront," my brain reads it as "Homeworld." Then a few seconds later I realize my mistake and go cry in the corner.

Speaking of Homeworld, is there a reason the game isn't on Steam (or any DD service)? I have such fond memories of the game and would love to play it again.

plc268

Dakota47 said:
Is Homefront worth getting just for the multiplayer?

If you don't mind getting sniped ALL THE FREAKING TIME... then sure.

Since the weapons are hitscan, there's no bullet travel and bullet drop. All snipers have to do is point at your head and shoot...even from across the map. The game is sniper heaven.

MP has a few decent ideas, but overall the game isn't worth it.

StuBurns

Banned
amdnv said:
Is Steam trolling me? Only Divinity shows up as 50% off. Homefront is the usual price (but the Prima Guide is 50% off).
On the UK store, it's listed at half price, but without the sale sign on it, and it's not in the specials area.

Mimir

BentMyWookiee said:
Anytime I see the word, "Homefront," my brain reads it as "Homeworld." Then a few seconds later I realize my mistake and go cry in the corner.

Speaking of Homeworld, is there a reason the game isn't on Steam (or any DD service)? I have such fond memories of the game and would love to play it again.
Most likely a rights issue. It was published by Sierra, but the developer is now owned by THQ.

Dakota47

plc268 said:

Since the weapons are hitscan, there's no bullet travel and bullet drop. All snipers have to do is point at your head and shoot...even from across the map. The game is sniper heaven.

Thanks for helping me save 25 euros.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
That's it. Goodbye world.

homefront? HOMEFRONT?! For shame Gabe, I'm writing you an angry letter.

Jenks

Banned
Definalty not buy any multiplayer games this sale and going to be very picky about buying anything.
Ive still got a huge backlog from 2 christmas`s ago.

Luigi87 said:
For a new page

Weekend Deals are: Homefront and Divinity II.

Having beaten both the remake of Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance, which are both included in The Dragon Knight Saga, I'd say these action-rpgs are easily worth the 20$.

There are some rough edges with animation, the user interface or even how collision is set up (more an issue with dragon form) but this is a mid-tier action rpg from a small European developer that probably didn't have a huge budget and they managed to make a pretty satisfying action rpg. I think Larian's got some really talented world artists, the environments in this game tend to put some of the larger productions to shame. Flames of Vengeance really plays to this strength.

I grabbed a retail copy, but I did add it to Steam and snapped some screenshots while playing if you want to check them out...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dangry/screenshot/595808857530898275/?filter=shortcut_408&tab=public

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
This topic has gone from funny to creepy and a little bit sad.

Come on, dudes. I'm excited about a sale too (wishlist is now 86 large), but Jesus...

plc268

Dakota47 said:
Thanks for helping me save 25 euros.

Yea... I wish I saved the $50 I spent on it. :\

I don't know why I bought it... all the previews suggested that it would be shit, but I wasn't listening to any of it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
plc268 said:

You can spend some points to spawn in a jeep and the snipers will pretty much ignore you. For reasons I can't fathom I have more issues with snipers in BC2.

The levels are small with lots of objects, and the spawn times are so fast, which helps to mitigate the impact of the laser-like accuracy. Because of this, 32 player HF games are pure pandemonium. It's basically a twitch shooter wearing a military skin. Maybe more-so than CoD.

jaundicejuice said:
Having beaten both the remake of Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance, which are both included in The Dragon Knight Saga, I'd say these action-rpgs are easily worth the 20$.

There are some rough edges with animation, the user interface or even how collision is set up (more an issue with dragon form) but this is a mid-tier action rpg from a small European developer that probably didn't have a huge budget and they managed to make a pretty satisfying action rpg. I think Larian's got some really talented world artists, the environments in this game tend to put some of the larger productions to shame. Flames of Vengeance really plays to this strength.

I grabbed a retail copy, but I did add it to Steam and snapped some screenshots while playing if you want to check them out...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dangry/screenshot/595808857530898275/?filter=shortcut_408&tab=public
You had me at action RPG. Tell me, can I customize my character somewhat? What about drops and stuff? Do they effect the way my character looks?

Does Homefront have an active multiplayer community still?

The Broken Ska Record said:
You had me at action RPG. Tell me, can I customize my character somewhat? What about drops and stuff? Do they effect the way my character looks?

You can only choose between some basic options for character creation (which you can change at any point by visiting an Illusionist), but your appearance changes with every bit of new equipment you use.

Edit: I think I should mention that Ego Draconis takes place in some large open areas while Flames of Vengeance takes place in one city. I actually prefer FoV's structure.

Carm

Unless you like that Gamebryo stutter, I'd stay away from Divinity. You can't mod it out like you can in OBL, FO3 and FNV.

epmode

The Broken Ska Record said:
I haven't been far enough to comment on the loot system but character customization is significant and items definitely change the way you look.

coopolon

jaundicejuice said:

What kind of length are we talking?

jaundicejuice said:
You can only choose between some basic options for character creation (which you can change at any point by visiting an Illusionist), but your appearance changes with every bit of new equipment you use.

Edit: I think I should mention that Ego Draconis takes place in some large open areas while Flames of Vengeance takes place in one city. I actually prefer FoV's structure.

epmode said:
I haven't been far enough to comment on the loot system but character customization is significant and items definitely change the way you look.
Thanks guys. I'm going to download the demo to see how it runs, but I may just buy it.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
1jpzbq.png

So it used to be 99.98€? Damn. :p

sk3tch

Is Divinity II kind of like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion? Videos look like it. Or does it play more like an MMO or a bit of both? Confused. :)

Also - is there a lot of VO and videos of the story? I tend to hate that crap.

EDIT: looks like it's not for me, here's a great user review on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/user/Myrmec - lots of MMO-esque fetch quests and such. :-/

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Buying Games to Never Play.

Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| It Can Get Cheaper.

Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Based Gabe versus GAF Bank Accounts.

Sorry, I'm bored.

One thing I'm a little worried about, regarding Divinity II, is if it's going to be part of the Steam Summer Sale next week for even cheaper. It probably won't, but I do have a sneaking suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom