• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Valve Holiday 2011 acheevs are different from the regular holiday acheevs.

From what Feep implied, they are not. But who knows.

Nabs

Just got the Spacechem achievement. You just have to beat "There's something in the Fishcake" (World 2). I already had it beat, so all I had to do was hit play.

So I've got: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard (1/4), Spacechem, DoDS, CSS, TF2, L4D2, SMB (1/2), Frozen Synapse, E.Y.E (1/2), Worms, Orcs, B.T.Runner (2/3), Jamestown, Sequence, Trine, Flight Control HD and Greed Corp.

spk

So what's the consensus on Nuclear Dawn? I see it has a decent amount of players on the Steam Stats page. Worth the price? Will the community last beyond the free weekend/sale? I might be down for a 4pack if the population won't go back to where it was a month ago

See BRINK for example, haha

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So what's the consensus on Nuclear Dawn? I see it has a decent amount of players on the Steam Stats page. Worth the price? Will the community last beyond the free weekend/sale? I might be down for a 4pack if the population won't go back to where it was a month ago

See BRINK for example, haha

I don't think these ghost town games ever last beyond free weekends.

Zzoram

How the heck do I select spells in spellset in Sequence? I'm stuck on the screen. All I can do is practice casting, it won't let me exit the screen UGH

I can't seem to get the Bastion achievement. I started a new game and made it to the Bastion and it didn't show up. Is there some specific condition which needs to be met to get it?

capture01242a.jpg

Hope they fix whatever is going on before the sale (or the TF2 update)

I wonder if Steam will break 5M conc. users this Xmas sale?

Did you fall off the crumbling bridge before you got to the Skyway?

Yup that was it. To get the achievement, you need to run on the path all the way from when you pick up the first core to the point where you reach the skyway. If you fall off the path, you'll still reach Bastion but the achievement will not unlock.

Does anyone know if you can get the AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! achievement in the normal game, or just in For The Awesome? Damn, I wish they released an upgrade for existing customers like Fate of The World does...

Also, I played the Killing Floor free weekend but I didn't get the achievement, I just got some of the other Winter-related ones. Damn :(

vazel

Banned
Can someone help me farm the L4D2 holiday achievement?
It's not hard to get. From my experience the gift boxes mostly spawn in the first two maps of the campaigns; I've only rarely seen them spawn in the 3rd map of a campaign. Took me under half an hour to get.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd bet they would have 10 times the sales on Poker Night if they added online multiplayer. Really missed opportunity there.
With the ability to bet anything in your inventory, including gift games.

jediyoshi

I don't think they'd want to get into the whole gambling thing, if they do, might be a nice time to expand the 'ol legal department.

Seeing as gifts are never turning back into money at some point, it doesn't sound much off from what zynga poker already does in allowing people to buy extra chips, and that's already on pretty much every social networking site.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, man. Gift games were purchased with money, but they aren't even really property. They are licenses to a digital subscription service which can only be given for the purpose of accessing the game content. You can't even use them and then trade them. Their value until claimed by an account is purely a state of mind.

Well, I did the Cities in Motion chievo. Which is nice because, you know, you have to actually play the game to earn it and I had never launched the game before. I obviously kept playing it afterwards because it's actually a good game.

I came for the Christmas achievement and I stayed for the game.
UNTIL I MOVED ON TO THE NEXT FUCKING XMAS ACHIEVEMENT

Big-E

How do you do the Magicka one without buying the DLC? Tried freezing some dudes but they didn't shatter when they died.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Tried the Beat Hazard achievement and they've managed to find the worst Christmas radio station ever, never heard any of the songs before and they're all terrible.

Does anyone want Sanctum to get an extra achievement? I didn't use the code I got in the Indie Royale. Quote to see it.

Also, if someone is willing to give a Killing Floor guest pass, I'd really appreciate it.

Hey guys, haven't been in this thread for a while, what's u-

*sees achievement talk*

mother of god.

Valve can't do this to me, I've got finals coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom