• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

They're part of updates, not "secretly hidden" or anything, taking them away would be silly.

This. They're openly advertised as achievements if you look. And Steam has always been retroactive with these things (since there's no other way to implement the system.)

Although, I'm not doing any I don't want to do. Because I'm not grinding even if free games are involved and last year all the trinkets I wanted were easily obtainable with little actual work on my part.

Volcynika

This. They're openly advertised as achievements if you look. And Steam has always been retroactive with these things (since there's no other way to implement the system.)

Although, I'm not doing any I don't want to do. Because I'm not grinding even if free games are involved and last year all the trinkets I wanted were easily obtainable with little actual work on my part.

Actually since I own so many games/dlc on Steam, the kick to my chest would be me owning whatever I can redeem stuff for (if that's how it works).

:p

I've had fun though!

Dascu

Code:
You achieved Team Fortress 2: Valve Gift Grab 2011 – TF2.
You achieved Atom Zombie Smasher : KringleJammer.
You achieved Frozen Synapse: The 10th Circle, Die in a Fire, Now I Have A Machine Gun. Ho Ho Ho..
You achieved Cargo! - The quest for gravity: Hit The Road Jack , 2012 - it’s almost there, My heart will go on , Let the leaves hit the floor .
You achieved BIT.TRIP RUNNER: HEART.OF.GOLD, EVERYONE.PLAYED BRAID, AMNESIA.MAKES YOU AFRAID.
You achieved Swords and Soldiers HD: All I Want For Christmas Is You.
You achieved Rock of Ages: Cocky, TrollFace Unlocked!, Snowball War.
You achieved Jamestown: With Your Nose So Bright....

Bring it on, Gabe.

Mr_Zombie

Oh god. That was the worst achievement ever. Such nauseating music.

EDIT: THERE'S THREE ACHIEVEMENTS!!? OH CHRIST NO!

I survived about 12:30 minutes (ie. should get both Christmas 5 and Christmas 10 achievements), but because I can't connect to Steam Community (the Steam store loads, but everything else does not) it didn't give me the achievement :(

Relax.MX

I need help :O

Im 2 of 3 on Bit.Trip.Runner, i need this one:

PLAYING.TRINE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
Find 3 friends and beat the challenges they are in

What i need? ...ah and im in 3-3 in the game if that helps..

Diomedes

Debating on whether to get Shogun 2 now or hold off in hopes of lower prices during xmas sale. 66% off is pretty good, but I could see 75%, right? Please advise.

Turfster

I need help :O

Im 2 of 3 on Bit.Trip.Runner, i need this one:

PLAYING.TRINE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
Find 3 friends and beat the challenges they are in

What i need? ...ah and im in 3-3 in the game if that helps..

You need to get to 3-7.
Good luck with that, I can't even finish 1-10 (lol)

hylje

Because it's fun to go through some games you might not otherwise be playing?

Well tbh, I've clocked only 2-4hrs on most. Bigger titles a lot more hours. It's all good and fun to re-install and go through them again =)

Don't you have to cheat to get the Cave Story one early? Shame.

Possibly, but those were the games/achievements I've yet to do but I have them on library ready and waiting. I'm tempted to download those F2P games for more cheevos! :>

Relax.MX

You need to get to 3-7.
Good luck with that, I can't even finish 1-10 (lol)

Im in 3-3 right now, and really is not that hard(the solution in the hard stages is memorizing), the problem (that makes me crazy)is that they return to the beginning (1-11 i hate you)

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
How do you get bonked by an enemy in runner? I haven't seen any. Tried the 1-6 bonus level but nothing there either but I only got 25% through. Any easier level to try?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rent or games... rent or games....

Can I hook my pc up to some, free-for-all electric sockets outside?

Rent or games... rent or games....

Can I hook my pc up to some, free-for-all electric sockets outside?

This is devastatingly easy this time of year. Just look for people who hang up christmas lights. All you need is a 2 prong adapter to let you plug in with out being grounded, and you can daisy chain off their lights. You're welcome.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This is devastatingly easy this time of year. Just look for people who hang up christmas lights. All you need is a 2 prong adapter to let you plug in with out being grounded, and you can daisy chain off their lights. You're welcome.

Games it is, thanks for looking out <3.

( but we all know that I'll just end up surfing gaf while sitting out in the snow, slowly increasing my steam backlog )

Turfster

How do you get bonked by an enemy in runner? I haven't seen any. Tried the 1-6 bonus level but nothing there either but I only got 25% through. Any easier level to try?

No. You need to do the bonus thing and survive uh... 35 gold I think before you meet the spider. I can't even reach 20, and then I have to fucking do 1-6 again. I've given up on this one.

Im in 3-3 right now, and really is not that hard(the solution in the hard stages is memorizing), the problem (that makes me crazy)is that they return to the beginning (1-11 i hate you)

Like I've said earlier, I have the reflexes of a spastic newborn kitten. I keep dying on the bit in 1-10 where there's suddenly stairs in the tunnel... I either jump too early or too late EVERY SINGLE TIME.

coopolon

I actually had a pretty hard time resisting dead island for $15 in the 4 pack during the black friday sale. Now going have to think about it all day.

Think I'll wait and see if Dead Island goes on sale cheaper during the Holiday sale. Not going to spend $20 on one game when I'm going to get at least 3x that amount for 20 soon.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Emulate one using x360ce. Map the 360 pad to yours, then export some files and place those in the bit.trip folder.

edit: I'm pretty sure x360ce is easier to mess with than motionjoy.

Motioninjoy is not hard to use at all. And "export some files and place those in the bit.trip folder"? You don't have to do anything like that with Motioninjoy. You simply set it up to emulate a 360 controller (and remap the buttons if necessary), and then it just works as if you were really using one, in any game. No messing with files and folders.

And if you're using a DS3, it's pretty much the only option (since part of what it does is provide DS3 drivers). But sure, if you're using a generic controller there are more options.

Oreoleo

Any tips on the And Yet It Moves 'chieve? I have no clue what I'm doing.

I just got it not 10 minutes ago. Certain smaller tree branches will break off when you land on them. Just land on one after flipping the world, it'll break off and you and the branch will fall towards the main tree trunk. There's no real method to follow beyond that. The branch I used was about halfway through the level (edit- first level of chapter 2) maybe the second or third breakable branch I came across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom