• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Banned
Aw can't believe I missed that Civ 5, I had been watching this thread all night aside from playing Castle Crashers for a bit! My boyfriend has been wanting it for awhile cause for some reason the Civilization games are the only video games he has any interest in.

I have Civ 5 to trade...come at me gaf

castle crashers, half minute hero, dark souls...anything I don't have pretty much! Except bad rats...keep that crap lol

Dude. You could have traded that Civ 5 for at least two other games. It is worth more than the TF2 Earbuds!

Eh, already had a copy. Just nice to give something to someone who wants it once in awhile. : )

And Parfait, sent you a friend invite, as soon as you accept, I can sent TL1 over to ya!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, this is the second time JSR crashes when I finish a level. Is this a problem with the port? I don't think I'll play it again if this keeps happening.

kennah

30? cmon surely not that many.

I have Civ 5 to trade...come at me gaf

castle crashers, half minute hero, dark souls...anything I don't have pretty much! Except bad rats...keep that crap lol

DUDE! I said I would give a civ 5 code for Dark Souls code just a couple posts ago :( :(

You make me sad wario :( :)

I'll give civ 5 for binary domain. Send me a friend request on steam if interested
http://steamcommunity.com/id/plbelanger

That is all I have to trade unfortunately. If anyone else wants to trade something for Civ 5 just PM me. Off the top of my head looking for Castle crashers, half minute hero, Dark Souls. Maybe interested in other games as well.

I have a steam code for civilization 5...does anyone want to trade for a Dark Souls code? Actually, I'd trade for a few things (steam wise) let me know gaf :)

Fine. Five.

Felt like thirty :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Now is probably a good time to remind everyone that there is a dedicated thread to trading stuff on Steam: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465398

ib0D0iUyIwWy75.gif

Is there any way of restoring a game that I have all of the backup files for in the new content system? I used to be able to drop the files in the steamapps/common folder and then verify. But with the new content system, it doesn't create a folder in the common folder. Instead, it has it in the downloading folder, but I can't verify the files in there. It is really stupid if I have to download the game again, when I have all of the files right here.

Blizzard

Banned
I leave you people alone for one evening and this is what happens. :|

Related to the Steam store, has anyone else had issues with the trailers taking forever to load, or freezing partway through?

Related to the daily deal, I tried looking at the Tiny & Big trailers, but I feel like that game has one of the most repulsive art styles I have seen since And Yet It Moves. Is it really that good of a game? :/

DTKT

Is there any way of restoring a game that I have all of the backup files for in the new content system? I used to be able to drop the files in the steamapps/common folder and then verify. But with the new content system, it doesn't create a folder in the common folder. Instead, it has it in the downloading folder, but I can't verify the files in there. It is really stupid if I have to download the game again, when I have all of the files right here.

I guess you need to look up the actual naming conventions when Steam creates a game folder. Then, you create that folder where it's supposed to be and "verify files". Or, you could use the Steam backup tech that just creates an .exe for you to use.

Gvaz

Banned
Well?

Anyone do that $15 for any two games bundle?

Anyone get Stronghold 3? I'll trade you for it or pay you. I'm not about to pay $15 just for one game and have a duplicate of another...

I leave you people alone for one evening and this is what happens. :|

Related to the Steam store, has anyone else had issues with the trailers taking forever to load, or freezing partway through?

Related to the daily deal, I tried looking at the Tiny & Big trailers, but I feel like that game has one of the most repulsive art styles I have seen since And Yet It Moves. Is it really that good of a game? :/

I really enjoy the art style. AYIM was fucking atrocious on the other hand. I had a blast with T&B. Run around cutting stuff and listening to funky music.

kurahador

Weird...restoring Bioshock 2 backup I got from a friend (my dl speed too slow), added fine into my library at first.

But when I restart steam or verify the files, steam will try to re-downland the whole thing and the restored files are gone. Wat?

graywolf323

Well?

Anyone do that $15 for any two games bundle?

Anyone get Stronghold 3? I'll trade you for it or pay you. I'm not about to pay $15 just for one game and have a duplicate of another...

same situation here though I haven't read many good things about Stronghold 3

ew, no

I think i'd rate Max Payne 3 above 2 even

1 > 3 > 2
You crazy, 2 is an improvement over 1 in almost every way. Nightmare sequences took out the blood platforming, bullet time was tweaked, and there were some presentational differences that add more flair to it like ragdoll and item physics in the environment.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
if those are Russian keys shouldn't Russian be at least one of the languages included?

They made all Russian Borderlands 2 keys universal, so you actually get two Steam entries for Borderlands 2, one with those languages, one with Russian.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, I had begun to wonder why I apparently hadn't received any promotional TF2 items since pre-purchasing AssCreedRevs almost a year ago -- turns out you have to run TF2 itself and read the "You've received new items!" message before they're added to your Steam Inventory. For a moment there I thought something was awry.

Ah, I had begun to wonder why I apparently hadn't received any promotional TF2 items since pre-purchasing AssCreedRevs almost a year ago -- turns out you have to run TF2 itself and read the "You've received new items!" message before they're added to your Steam Inventory. For a moment there I thought something was awry.
I was pleasantly surprised to see some Dishonored promos pop up when I started up today. Unfortunately the mask is hideous and exclusive to a terrible class named spy, and the badge is similarly ugly looking.

Salsa

so I just gratuaded from film school and my friends didnt really wanted to go out so im here drunk playing vessel

WHA'TS WRONG WITH ME IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS IM GRADUATING

Milamber

I am now in the process of hoarding my money for the upcoming Steam Autumn, Halloween & Winter sales. Hopefully I can save up to $150~$250.

How good is the port of Half Minute Hero? I played the shit out of on PSP but now mine is busted

Do the pixel graphics look ok at fullscreen? Any stability issues?

so I just gratuaded from film school and my friends didnt really wanted to go out so im here drunk playing vessel

Congrats, Salsa

Just don't say something to get yourself banned again in your state of drunken revelry

zkylon

zkylewd

Congrats dude, if you want some drunk chick hunting bonanza, just swim across the river and we'll hit some clubs ;)

deejay

How good is the port of Half Minute Hero? I played the shit out of on PSP but now mine is busted

Do the pixel graphics look ok at fullscreen? Any stability issues?

Played it for a short while yesterday and it looked great in motion. Was stable as well.
Only complaint I have is that it doesn't show the Xbox symbols when you have your Xbox controller connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom