• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand I'm glad Firaxis didn't waste any ressources on a more fleshed out MP and spent most on the SP campaign.

On the other a good co-op mode would have been awesome.

I was pleasantly surprised to see some Dishonored promos pop up when I started up today. Unfortunately the mask is hideous and exclusive to a terrible class named spy, and the badge is similarly ugly looking.
High five.
Played it for a short while yesterday and it looked great in motion. Was stable as well.
Only complaint I have is that it doesn't show the Xbox symbols when you have your Xbox controller connected.
Oh god yes this is driving me nuts. I know what everything does and at this point I'd rather have no button prompts at all. I'll read C and go wait what and waste a whole second before hitting A. It's really strange considering when you start it up there is a screen that literally says 'hey use a controller'! It's a port of the xbla version right? And you couldn't put xbox button prompts in? Fucking lazy.

Nabs

Neither Nights nor SA2 have been added to the registry, huh?

Not openly, but they could be testapps. GMG says both SA2 and Nights are coming in October on PC. Maybe we'll get 'em next week... maybe we won't. Sega won't tell us until it's out.

MRORANGE

So went to Eurogamer yesterday, played some upcoming titles:

Dishonored:
first game I actually played, and I must say I liked it, combat seemed quite varied and creative in execution , although a lot of people did quit the game half-way, maybe it just wasn’t there thing . I saw one rep trying to explain the combat system, so I guess there is a learning curve. Another rep told me that the PC version will have a custom hud which can be removed, so I'm hoping for a decent port to PC.

Hitman Absolution AND Tomb Raider:
both games played very well, especially Hitman (never played the previous games) a rep said both games will get the sleeping dogs treatment of extra options for PC so this is great news.

DOOM 3 bfg edition:
Didn't really see the point of this game.

Aliens: Colonial Marines:
This game is amazing, playing only the MP section of standard TDm, it was basically hunters vs humans in l4d. As human you really did have to work in a team to stay alive, as the alien s can easily leap and sneak up behind you for kills. I really do hope they focus on the MP side as this is already better than AVP 2010 multiplayer by miles.

FarCry 3:
Loved it, everything is good, this game is going to be awesome, slightly worried that the hardcore elements of FC2 may be removed, such as enemies not re-spawning, although I think they are randomly generated across the map now. Played the PC version, looks god-damn awesome, probably best looking of this year.

Crysis 3:
only MP was shown, but it’s basically Crysis 2 with 20% more COD.

GRID 2;
looks sooooooo good, even on the 360 version, no more piss filter as well, the car I was playing felt a bit floaty but I guess the other cars should be fine. Game should be steamworks, so hopefully the online community won’t be shut down like last time.

COD:BLOPS:2 :
like every other game but with extra stuff, can’t really say much more than that.

Other mentions:

WARFACE: very good for a F2P game
MEDAL OF HONOR: MP looks better I guess
NFS:MW : made by criterion, so it’s impossible for them to screw it up
Metal Gear Rising: this better be on PC.....
Dead or Alive 5 Spent half my time in the character menu, trying to find the skimpiest set of clothes I could find.

Oh not really Steam related but some Xbox Dishonored keys:

JVAyF.png

I have some interest in Doom 3 BFG, but it has nothing to do with how they rework Doom 3 and everything to do with if they're going to make an official source port for Doom and Doom 2 on PC with it. If they don't just half-ass it and bundle it with the DOSbox Steam versions then I'm down.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have some interest in Doom 3 BFG, but it has nothing to do with how they rework Doom 3 and everything to do with if they're going to make an official source port for Doom and Doom 2 on PC with it. If they don't just half-ass it and bundle it with the DOSbox Steam versions then I'm down.

They aren't going to do a source port of Doom 1/2. It's completely pointless when there are already a bunch of source ports made by the community out there, with zDoom being at the top. There isn't really anything to improve about zDoom so another source port would be completely redundant.

They aren't going to do a source port of Doom 1/2. It's completely pointless when there are already a bunch of source ports made by the community out there, with zDoom being at the top. There isn't really anything to improve about zDoom so another source port would be completely redundant.
The whole package is a bit redundant, but I really wouldn't mind having an official new version of the classics to play with.

haikira

Thought i'd try a sneaky offer here. I've already posted in the trading thread, but have become quite buried and didn't have any new items to bump with.

Anyone interested in one of my Natural Selection 2 copies, for cheap? Looking for Gateways and Half Minute Hero. Going by the store here in the UK, that works out at almost 9 GBP off, so not a bad deal.

Gvaz

Banned
I don't get how their selling point is "optimized for consoles!" when it's being sold on a PC.

That's like saying "hey gurl, lets have sex! Oh by the way I have no balls"

Echoplx

Well not having to fuck around with setting up zDoom to autolaunch would be nice, especially now that editing the bats doesn't work.

Eideka

Banned
Dishonored:
so I'm hoping for a decent port to PC.
Tons of options and HD textures are confirmed. Should be good.

both games will get the sleeping dogs treatment of extra options for PC so this is great news.
Not surprising considering that both games are part of the AMD program. I'm expecting DX11 effects for Tomb Raider now.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's likely these are all gone, most people do not say when they take a key and much time has passed. Sorry.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST IN YOUR POST. Quote to see Steam keys, do not leave my entire post in yours if you post. Remember you will be locked out of redeeming keys for a while if you try to redeem too many used/invalid keys in a short period of time.

Alien Breed 2 #1:
Alien Breed 2 #2:
Alien Breed 2 #3:
Alien Breed 2 #4:
Alien Breed 2 #5:
Alien Breed 2 #6:
Alien Breed 2 #7:
Alien Breed 2 #8:

Alien Breed 3 #1:
Alien Breed 3 #2:
Alien Breed 3 #3:
Alien Breed 3 #4:
Alien Breed 3 #5:
Alien Breed 3 #6:
Alien Breed 3 #7:
Alien Breed 3 #8:

Broken Sword : Director's Cut #1:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #2:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #3:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #4:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #5:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #6:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #7:
Broken Sword : Director's Cut #8:

Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #1:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #2:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #3:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #4:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #5:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #6:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #7:
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror #8:

Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #1:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #2:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #3:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #4:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #5:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #6:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #7:
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon #8:

Dustforce:

Vessel, Torchlight, Rochard, S.P.A.Z., and Shatter:

Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown:

Worms #1:
Worms #2:
Worms #3:
Worms #4:
Worms #5:
Worms #6:
Worms #7:
Worms #8:

Worms Blast #1:
Worms Blast #2:
Worms Blast #3:
Worms Blast #4:
Worms Blast #5:
Worms Blast #6:
Worms Blast #7:
Worms Blast #8:

Worms Crazy Golf #1:
Worms Crazy Golf #2:
Worms Crazy Golf #3:
Worms Crazy Golf #4:
Worms Crazy Golf #5:
Worms Crazy Golf #6:
Worms Crazy Golf #7:
Worms Crazy Golf #8:

Worms Pinball #1:
Worms Pinball #2:
Worms Pinball #3:
Worms Pinball #4:
Worms Pinball #5:
Worms Pinball #6:
Worms Pinball #7:
Worms Pinball #8:

PaulLFC

Decided to only take this one. Thanks for the huge giveaway, xelios!

... what
I'm going to test it again when it's finished converting it to a new format (maybe that reduces the size?) but when I said install after buying Fall of the Samurai the full download size for everything was 89 GB. The game itself is around 30 GB, another part is editor components, and the third which took up around 40 GB was "Shogun 2 Assembly" whatever that is.

inky

As if it wasn't already obvious, just posting to say Xelios is one of the nicest guys around. Thanks man!

Not taking anything because I still haven't finished other games Xelios himself has given me, so leaving them to people who hopefully are going to make a better job of playing said games.

haikira

All the Broken Sword ones used up? Didn't have any luck with them.

Thanks very very much for the post though, you're awesome =D

AIRic

Thanks! Took a Worm Blast key #6! I bought this game when it was released, but lost the disc when I did a huge cleanup of my basement a few years ago. Can't wait to replay this unique and sometime challenging puzzle game!

I have a few keys of my own to give (from the latest indie gala bundle) :

Battlegroup (desura) :
WORM :
Alien Breed 2 :

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thanks for the codes xelios. I didn't take any since I bet they're all gone by now, but thanks for being awesome

PaulLFC

Toy Soldiers is only £2.49 here. I might buy it because I was slightly interested in it anyway, but more to support devs who are awesome about regional pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom