• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

I dunno, part of me thinks that Tony wanted out, he never really posted here anymore and it made more sense to post in one place where it has more effect and let news trickle down to other sites. It's just insane he made such a loaded post like that, surely he couldn't have been that ignorant.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I dunno, part of me thinks that Tony wanted out, he never really posted here anymore and it made more sense to post in one place where it has more effect and let news trickle down to other sites. It's just insane he made such a loaded post like that, surely he couldn't have been that ignorant.

$$$ gets the best of us.

Crub

Why is Windows automatically installing MotioninJoy drivers for my 360 controller dongle instead of the offical drivers? I have deleted everything related to MotioninJoy, including the drivers.

I delete the drivers, take out the dongle, reinsert it, then Windows proceeds to redownload the MotioninJoy drivers again. Pisses me of to no end!

Edit: I somehow fixed it. MotioninJoy - never again!

New Groupees Halloween Bundle:
http://groupees.com/damned

$1+
Cryostasis (Steam Only)
Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned! (Desura + DRM-Free)

$4+
BlindSide (Desura + DRM-Free)
Anna (Steam Only)
Post Mortem (Steam Only)

Interesting.

Is Post Mortem any good? I'm in the mood for a horror point n click adventure. Should I give this a try or wait for the Halloween sale? I heard Scratches was pretty good.

robotnik

Interesting.

Is Post Mortem any good? I'm in the mood for a horror point n click adventure. Should I give this a try or wait for the Halloween sale? I heard Scratches was pretty good.
Prequel to Still Life, something-something. I want it, but no money left (IndieRoyale >_>).
And Scratches not THAT good.

Blizzard

Banned
Why is Windows automatically installing MotioninJoy drivers for my 360 controller dongle instead of the offical drivers? I have deleted everything related to MotioninJoy, including the drivers.

I delete the drivers, take out the dongle, reinsert it, then Windows proceeds to redownload the MotioninJoy drivers again. Pisses me of to no end!
They're probably still in your system somewhere, and/or there's a registry setting or Windows directory thing that's associated with the drivers. You may need to manually find the device in Device Manager, go to properties, and try to update the drivers to point to correct ones. Or run an official Microsoft 360 controller driver install maybe.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks for the impressions Toma! I was considering getting this eventually, but it sounds like my time would be better spent learning Dwarf Fortress or Gnomoria, both of which caught my interest this week.

Oh yes. Definitely. Gnomoria is a nice starting point. Play with that for a few hours then step up to DF if you feel brave. Quality wise, A Game of Dwarves isnt even in the same ballpark as Gnomoria, and that Beta released only like 3 months ago.

So both Penny Arcade Episode 3 and Adventures of Shuggy have been updated this week with free DLC (consisting of a bonus dungeon and 40 extra levels, respectively), and Nuclear Dawn now has Steam Workshop support. Stop releasing new content for free, indie devs, I have a backlog to clear! :(

Also, Lucius is out. Any brave soul willing to take one for the team? I've been interested since I first read about it, sounds like a cool game to play this Halloween.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What mods would people put in Nuclear Dawn?

Also any game that reuses the number of the beast or generic occult stuff should be smacked with a book.

Ledsen

re: me trying to get a refund for the AC2 port:

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client.

As a one-time customer service gesture we can issue you store credit for the amount of your purchase into your Steam Wallet. The credit will also remove the title or item from your account.

Please confirm that you would like us to proceed with this credit.

Good enough, I'll take it.

Kabouter

RPS didn't seem so high on it when they played it. Said it has good ideas but failed a lot of the execution part.

I'm still tempted I have to say, the concept seems so much fun and I can handle some jank. Still, you can go very wrong taking a chance on games that way :p.

Wok

RPS didn't seem so high on it when they played it. Said it has good ideas but failed a lot of the execution part.

I have read a really relevant review about the game.

[...] it is so sad that the various powers you have don’t get all that much opportunity to be used. Apart from telekinesis, the other powers are really designed only to be used at very specific moments, so you can’t roam around and have fun with them.

A serious issue with the puzzle-solving part of Lucius is that even though the game drops hints to help you, sometimes you’ll just find yourself horribly stuck. It probably won’t occur too often, but when it does, running around looking for answers and trying out stuff quickly becomes a dreary and frustrating experience. When you’re done exploring, the game simply doesn’t offer fun activities for when you’re stuck, with the exception of chores, which unfortunately are only slightly more entertaining that in real life.

[...]

That’s not to say that Lucius isn’t a joyride, quite the contrary actually. Lucius is a diabolically entertaining game with a snitch of sinister joy. Nothing beats the feeling you get when you finally solve a puzzle and watch the fiendish results, be they death by ice tap, electrocution, poison or lawn mower; all of them are bloody, gory and very creative. Whether you love or hate the characters, they all have to go and if you are capable of killing them off without arousing the attention of cops, priests, snoopy reporters or meddling family members, then you are sure to achieve success portrayed by an array of freaky and cruel “accidents.” If you have a weak stomach, you might want to stay away though.

[...] One thing about Lucius that might initially seem off-putting is its linear structure, in spite of it being a game where you’re gonna try to kill everyone anyway.

Derrick01

Banned
I re-read RPS' review and I should correct myself in that he seems to have enjoyed it after all but there's a lot of issues here and there that prevent it from being a truly great game. Don't know why I got the impression they hated it.

Toma

Quote for one Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse key.

God damnit. Already taken.

Edit: Damn you xjavonta!

Whats the deal with all those codes? New indie bundle somewhere?

xJavonta

Banned
God damnit. Already taken.

Edit: Damn you xjavonta!

Whats the deal with all those codes? New indie bundle somewhere?
Sorry lol, I figured someone would have snagged before I did but to my surprise they didn't.

Bah, I never get these. =/ Only game out of the bundle I was interested in, too. Ah well, thanks for giving a code anyway. :D

Sorry guys, which bundle is it? I'll buy one to give away since I had no idea this was bundled somewhere.

xJavonta

Banned
Okay, since I feel bad for taking that key I'm giving a copy away. Quote this for a key for Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse(GONE) or a Desura key for Home, MacGuffin's Curse, Pathologic, and Evil Quest.

Fixed the stuff. I'm an idiot.

Edit: Sam & Max is gone!

Milamber

Both these bundles are great, I don't have any of those games. Best Halloween $10 I spent yet.

Okay, since I feel bad for taking that key I'm giving a copy away. Quote this for a key for Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse or a Desura key for Home or a Desura key for MacGuffin's Curse.

Err... I think the code comes as a bundle for them all in Desura.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, since I feel bad for taking that key I'm giving a copy away. Quote this for a key for Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse or a Desura key for Home or a Desura key for MacGuffin's Curse.

I think you may have done the tags wrong. Codes aren't showing up.

EDIT: Ohhhh, never mind, I see now. Anyway, I'll pass. Honestly I probably wouldn't finish Sam & Max anyway. Maybe one day.

xJavonta

Banned
Home, Pathologic, MacGuffin's Curse, and Evil Quest Desura bundle is still available guys! Quote either post and I'll PM you a key!

Wok

Home, Pathologic, MacGuffin's Curse, and Evil Quest Desura bundle is still available guys! Quote either post and I'll PM you a key!

Just so you know, the Desura key gives access to the Indie Royale webpage with your email address, Steam keys which are not redeemed and DRM-free downloads as well.

Desura key for the bundle in this post.

Thanks, I have activated the key! But you might want to remove it from your post now. I did not keep a trace of the key after activating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom