• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjohn86

That's the new content system. I'm not sure what it is doing but I don't like it...

/puts on IT hat

It's doing a lot of disk operations converting the existing content to a new format. The fact is a standard 7200 rpm sata drive just isnt that fast and can be saturated with pretty easily. I havent't read what is so different about the new content format, but if it allows for installs to secondary drives I'm all for it.

Got the Killing Floor complete package as well.

Jesus H... My backlog is growing at an absurd rate.
Killing Floor isn't something you just backlog or complete. It becomes a part of your life. It's not something you can shelf after a while.

I should pick up that weapon pack DLC, someone tossed the scythe at me to use and it was really good. Should make berserker leveling much more fun.

Can't make up my mind whether or not to buy Deponia. It's such a busy season for games already. And I just finished the Book of Unwritten Tales a couple of days ago so I could use a break from adventures. On the other hand, Daedelic don't put their games on sale very often. One of their older adventure games (the Whispered World) has been on sale only 5 times in the last 2+ years. That's not even hitting all the major Steam sales. What to do what to do...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs helped me out with the appropriate line to remove the hud for UE3 games:

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="togglehud")

Works like a charm in Deadlight. Goes in the input.ini in the My Docs folder where you fixed the 60 fps.

intIKjqW6JEv7.png

ibfemRaGVIBRRc.png

VALIS

There's gotta be a good reason not to buy Trains vs. Zombies 2. Zombies are what people without a fucking ounce of creativity put in their games in 2012 and I lose no sleep over trains. And yet, my mouse lingers over the Add To Cart. Can you drive trains into zombies? Can you make a zombie drive a train into other zombies? These things would be fine.

So just got home and checked my games to see about that problem I was having and now it is showing the correct amount. Gonna chalk it up to the connection being kinda crappy again last night.

Salsa

Nabs helped me out with the appropriate line to remove the hud for UE3 games:

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="togglehud")

Works like a charm in Deadlight. Goes in the input.ini in the My Docs folder where you fixed the 60 fps.

do you need it for something essential or is it safe to remove?

Cramoss

I don't know where else to ask this so I'll try here.

I'm replacing my current hard drive so, what's the best way to backup save files of GFWL games?

Wok

Humble Android Bundle coming November 6, according to Joystiq:

Waking Mars, the iOS game that we thought was out of this world, is coming to PC, Mac, Linux and Android on November 6, via the Humble Android Bundle and the Humble store on the game's own website. This version of Waking Mars has been revamped with full voice acting and higher resolution, along with keyboard and mouse support.

Does anyone find some pieces of information about Waking Mars coming to Steam in 11 days?

glaurung

Sorry for the relatively off-topic post.

Could someone gift me the Iron Brigade game on Steam? It does not show up on the EU Steam that I have.

I will obviously PayPal the difference immediately.

Kevin

So hows the PC version of Deadlight? It looks really good but I would like some impressions before considering a purchase.

I hope Deadlight is bad so I can write a review with the header "Deadshite". I won't be writing a review, but if I did that would be the header.

Other reviewers that joke is (c) Lord British (not Richard Garriott, you wouldn't believe the PMs I've been getting)

Man, can't believe I forgot about Doom 3's standard encounter design. "Oh there's a pile of guns ammunition, health and armor, oh aaaaaand monsters are coming out of closets in the wall."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yep to all three.

Just to be clear, you uninstalled Uplay and reinstalled it using the most recent installer, right? The integration of the Uplay client with AC2 seems haphazard at best, with it being fine for some while crash-prone or bug-prone for others (e.g. I'd occasionally get immediate crashes, like you're experiencing, and the game would also crash every time I alt-tabbed out of it), and judging from what I've read you're SOL if a complete reinstall of Uplay doesn't work, at which point you can try either a fresh (re)install of Windows or, as a last resort, a crack.

$5 off Hitman Absolution pre-order on Amazon for anyone who wants it.

Also, I may be able to get a few Darksiders II Steam keys (NA version) for $12 each. I'll check back here later today and let you guys know how many I can get.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
¡Muchas gracias, Rebelde de Vidrio, por regalarme el Dota 2! Esta noche voy a aceptar el regalo.

(Many thanks, Glass Rebel, for gifting me Dota 2! Tonight I'll accept the gift.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom