• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

OMG, it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to enter my Zipcode in that Risen 2 beta form, and I finally had do a Google search to figure it out. Most poorly designed form ever.

vall03

anyone know about error code -101? Ive been experiencing this days now and I really have no idea whats wrong since everything else is working fine and I've done basic troubleshooting already. Not being able to access Community sucks. *sigh*

What do you think our chances are that (within the very foreseeable future) any kind of EA/Valve resolution? Or does Valve & EA just not give 2 flyin' farts in the wind about getting things settled?

tjohn86

What do you think our chances are that (within the very foreseeable future) any kind of EA/Valve resolution? Or does Valve & EA just not give 2 flyin' farts in the wind about getting things settled?

I don't think we will see many EA games on Steam until Origin has a big enough install base to compete. Even then, I suspect big titles will be Origin exclusive.

Nabs

Big EA titles are starting to require Origin for multiplayer, so I don't see that changing any time soon.

1-D_FTW

Extremely low. Origin would have to bomb so badly it had a huge impact on their financial sheet. Short of them abandoning it (not happening any time soon), EA will continue to treat Valve as their biggest competitor. That means a passive aggressive approach is the best that can be hoped for.

cicero

Is there any kind of known timetable for an average period of time between when a title is added to the Steam registry and when it finally shows up for purchase? Been waiting on Double Fine's "Iron Brigade" for months now, "Legend of Grimrock" was just added so now I am waiting for that as well.

Is there any kind of known timetable for an average period of time between when a title is added to the Steam registry and when it finally shows up for purchase? Been waiting on Double Fine's "Iron Brigade" for months now, "Legend of Grimrock" was just added so now I am waiting for that as well.

Anywhere between 1 day to never. Best chance you have for knowing is if the company themselves announces it.

It can be never IIRC FF7 has been in the registry for over a year now and there's never been any indication its coming to a DD service.

I've been waiting for Iron Brigade and Stacking myself. Stacking is "officially" announced and apparently coming out this Spring, where as Double Fine hasn't talked about Iron Brigade coming to PC so, I hate to say it, but as of now it may not happen. I actually just borrowed my friends 360 so I could play Brigade, can't wait anymore.

I've been waiting for Iron Brigade and Stacking myself. Stacking is "officially" announced and apparently coming out this Spring, where as Double Fine hasn't talked about Iron Brigade coming to PC so, I hate to say it, but as of now it may not happen. I actually just borrowed my friends 360 so I could play Brigade, can't wait anymore.

It's totes coming. They've all but straight up said it.

Aselith

Damn Ubisoft. :( Had a 50% off coupon and I was thinking about buying Silent Hunter 5, go to the store page and it's all "permanent internet connection required." :/ I just want to buy your games. Why do you make not do that?

I bought SH: Wolves of the Pacific. I'm sure I'll have fun with that without the scourge of their institutional policies.

epmode

Damn Ubisoft. :( Had a 50% off coupon and I was thinking about buying Silent Hunter 5, go to the store page and it's all "permanent internet connection required." :/ I just want to buy your games. Why do you make not do that?

I've already skipped several Ubisoft games because of the DRM. I'd love to know how many sales they gained because the same DRM made it too much of a hassle to pirate!

Dingotech

Is there any kind of known timetable for an average period of time between when a title is added to the Steam registry and when it finally shows up for purchase? Been waiting on Double Fine's "Iron Brigade" for months now

+1000

Totally held off buying it on 360 once I heard it was coming to Steam, but I'm still waiting months later!!

epmode

Some stuff is never released on Steam even though it's in the registry. I don't think it happens all that often though.

+1000

Totally held off buying it on 360 once I heard it was coming to Steam, but I'm still waiting months later!!

Since they've got Stacking set for Spring, I wonder if Brigade would be released in the Fall? As far as I know they have nothing else going on this year, with the adventure game more than likely coming out in 2013.

This isn't like a total confirmation of Iron Brigade coming, but on a TNT that Giant Bomb did for the DLC the project lead and two other members of the dev team were there and they kept bringing up a PC version and how great it would be if it happened in a ridiculous over the top manner. It sounds like its going to come out eventually, but Microsoft is waiting for something very specific. Maybe to coincide with the launch Windows 8? There was that list that showed up the other day with a bunch XBLA titles that were supposed to be coming out I think to coincide with the Windows launch.

Hey, can anyone give me an informed opinion on Serious Sam 2? I watched the movie, thought it looked interesting but a little "Xbox-y" (if that makes any sense, like the UI was made for 480p or something), and need a friendly nod either way - yay, or nay, even for £2.38?

I would say "yay", even if it's just for curiosity. There are a lot of interesting secrets in that game.

Krilekk

Banned
Since they've got Stacking set for Spring, I wonder if Brigade would be released in the Fall? As far as I know they have nothing else going on this year, with the adventure game more than likely coming out in 2013.

Ron Gilbert has been working on a game for Double Fine for nine months. They had four games in development in 2011, I suppose they have four games in development right now as well (Ron Gilbert game, Double Fine Adventure and maybe a new Kinect game and Stacking 2).

Dambrosi

Banned
Steam's inexplicably deleted all of my non-Steam shortcuts. Is there any conceivable way of restoring them?

Are you using Windows 7?

Yeah, I am.

It happens to me too, I've read that it's a Windows 7 issue, the only work around that I found it's to create a desktop icon from the folder installation. I know that it's annoying but that's better than nothing!

I'm on Windows XP, and it's happened to me, too. Weird.

Any tips, apart from manually replacing them by hand?

Draft

Can Steam label games you own while they're still in the store, especially in bundles? I can't be the only one that spends a minute switching between a bundle and my library trying to figure out what I already own.

epmode

Can Steam label games you own while they're still in the store, especially in bundles? I can't be the only one that spends a minute switching between a bundle and my library trying to figure out what I already own.
Steam will notify you if you already own any of the games once the bundle is in your shopping cart.

So, Witcher 2 from Amazon... is that the enhanced edition? I read there were problems before with downloading updates repeatedly. Has that been fixed?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if it did that far earlier? Like when you're looking at the game in the store?

This is the case with individual games. You'll see a wide green box with the text "You already own [game title]" and a small grey "Play now" button.

BioHazard

Also, does anyone know if the Space Marine DLC on sale at Amazon comes with a code I can redeem on Steam? They have a couple of items there I might want to pick up.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
How is Fallen Earth?

No real threads worth a damn on Neogaf, but someone has had to try it.

I liked Fallout, so wondering if it's worth giving this a casual try.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah yeah Portuguese, and yeah I already added that hahaha

Is there a way to add the extra codes as gifts? It's kinda annoying to keep them in notepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom