• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
For anyone interested in DCS A-10 I recommend downloading the below document pack that someone in their forums created. It has a lot of great info quickly available at your fingertips.

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/86362/

Also there are some great tutorials on the wiki:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_A-10C_Guides,_Tutorials_and_Reference_Documents

It takes a bit of time to get used to the game and I would recommend a good HOTAS with a large amount of buttons. I use a Saitek X-52, but my brother has been able to play it with a keyboard and an old ST290 because it lets you bind key modifiers to adjust what the hat does. The real A10-C has about 4 hats that all do different commands so you'll be using the hat switch quite a bit.

Once it clicks, it's a blast to play.

There's also an iOS app for the checklists. Can't check the name right now but I found it by searching Warthog I think. It's great for interactive checklists.

Now I think about it, the installing DirectX etc stuff has disappeared for me too. I just get a Preparing to launch box and then the game starts, which is great.

It just sort of happened, I'm not sure what caused it. Have you used Steam Mover at any point? I used that recently, that's the only thing I can think of that may be related, but I don't see how that would cause Steam to change its behaviour like that.

Nope, haven't used Steam mover. I have no clue, but I'm not complaining =D

jediyoshi

In for Gatling Gears and maybe Warp, already own Shank 1/2.

Could you post a screenshot? It seems the bundle is not for the French.

ztSUp.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, it's not actually independent in any way, but Warp for $5 wouldn't be bad...

INTERNET CONNECTION, EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT, ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCT AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS, AND REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE(S) REQUIRED TO PLAY, ACCESS BONUS CONTENT (IF ANY) AND ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES. SERIAL CODE REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE. SERIAL CODE(S) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED. EULAS AND ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM/1/PRODUCT-EULAS. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM.

... sorry Trapdoor.

Salsa

good effort i guess (considering its fuckin EA) but i already own Deathspank and both Shanks.

might just get Gatling Gears eventually since it looks like co-op fun

Blizzard

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/

Endless Space was just released for pre-order. Coming out Summer 2012. -25% off making it $22.49.

I don't know what it is... But I want it.
It's interesting that they are doing that through Steam...it seems to me like the Minecraft/CARS model where users might be able to influence/track development, but that's the first such game I recall being on the Steam store during the alpha process.

HoosTrax

I'm kind of only interested in the Deathspank games, but only $5 more for the whole package. Anyone have any feedback on Deathspank?

I love that there are Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle references in the first two DeathSpank games. It's been awhile since I've played them so I may have forgotten others.

Tell us how the alpha is. looks like, "Civ in space". I see it has tactical battles.

Is the alpha through steam? If so I'll probably just buy it. Also is it like gal civ 2 in anyway? Because if it is...
Alpha is through Steam. Just download there and play. The multiplayer is disabled in it and you are only getting 5 out of 8 factions. Warning at the beginning says stuff is unbalanced and all, but of course that's expected from an alpha.

As for comparisons, I only played Homefront and some space sims in the late '90s, nothing recent, so can't really help out there.

Blizzard

Banned
Quantum Conundrum is preparing some publicity for the release this summer. Too bad I am not in L.A. on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th May.
I know pretty much nothing about this, but from that page I'm going to guess that the puzzle mechanic will be multiple dimensions/realities in quantum space or something, and you switch back and forth between the different worlds to do stuff.

Crub

I'm really tempted to buy that EA indie bundle. Warp, Shank 2 and Gattling Gears have been on my wishlist. Buying them seperately I save 2 euro compared to the bundle, but I could probably trade the two DeathSpank games for something else.

1-D_FTW

I'm really tempted to buy that EA indie bundle. Warp, Shank 2 and Gattling Gears have been on my wishlist. Buying them seperately I save 2 euro compared to the bundle, but I could probably trade the two DeathSpank games for something else.

An EA bundle that let's you trade dupes? I somehow doubt that.

Sanic

When I went to play Minecraft last night, I noticed that it had been removed from Steam, along with every other game I had added. I can't seem to add them back either. Anyone else have this issue?

RetroGreg

So has anyone tried the DIRT Showdown demo yet? Impressions (how does it compare to games like Flatout etc).

I played the demo on the 360 last night. I only had one real race against the computer and it felt like Dirt 3 to me, which is good. The physics feel right to me for a rally racer. I mostly played multiplayer destruction derby for about 1 -2 hours and it was crazy fun like Flatout Ultimate Carnage (more realistic though). I'll get the game on Steam at some point now because I had a lot of fun.

When I went to play Minecraft last night, I noticed that it had been removed from Steam, along with every other game I had added. I can't seem to add them back either. Anyone else have this issue?

I assume you're referring to the Non-Steam games in your library disappearing?

A solution to the problem involves creating a back up of 'shortcuts.vdf' found in Steam -> userdata -> [number] -> config

When all shortcuts have been added just store a backup somewhere and if you lose your shortcuts [appears to occur if you don't close Steam properly] replace the newly created 'shortcuts.vdf' [the source of the problem] with your backup version. The Non-Steam games within your library when the backup was created should automatically appear.

Would be my advice if you hadn't stated you 'couldn't add them back'; that I cannot assist with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom