• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Cat fell while trying to climb to the top of my cupboard..
landed on the back of my PC
the impact damaged/bent one of my HDMI cable heads (hope the port is fine)
and hang my PC :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cat fell while trying to climb to the top of my cupboard..
landed on the back of my PC
the impact damaged/bent one of my HDMI cable heads (hope the port is fine)
and hang my PC :/

Maybe it was looking for for a Cat5 cable.

*crickets*

Maybe it was looking for for a Cat5 cable.

*crickets*

brendan_fraser_laugh_medium.gif

Hope the cat (and the pc) is ok.

wilflare

bleh.. thought the Quake/Wolf/Commander Keen/Rage DLC/Doom stuff will be on sale the entire Quakecon...

only to discover they rotated :/

EDIT:
just in case I appear to be more concerned about the PC than the cat :/
the cat does this all the time (as in getting into trouble)

zkylon

zkylewd
hmmm dragon commander is taunting me

also might not be my cat but I just dropped my favorite coffee mug and it broke :(

this fucking day man

wilflare

hmmm dragon commander is taunting me

also might not be my cat but I just dropped my favorite coffee mug and it broke :(

this fucking day man

ifeelyoubro.gif

I went to check on the cat again. gave it a new bowl of water. it scowled at me T_T
cats - I don't understand them

@fantomena - you reminded me how i missed this :/

think it bent my PS/2 adapter too my keyboard is recognizing double keystrokes @_@

nexen

just in case I appear to be more concerned about the PC than the cat :/
the cat does this all the time (as in getting into trouble)
Don't feel sorry for the cat. The cat probably infected you with toxoplasmosis long ago. You'll eventually climb out onto your roof and sprout fungal growths from your head that resemble berries.

wilflare

Don't feel sorry for the cat. The cat probably infected you with toxoplasmosis long ago. You'll eventually climb out onto your roof and sprout fungal growths from your head that resemble berries.

you are scaring me.. lol i am having a mini-flu right now.
bah i need to sleep 3:37am @_@ sleepless nights

Dolor

Pretty much my reaction.

Everquest Next does look pretty cool.

Voxel based world with destruction, Action-based combat, multi-class (9 starting classes, 40 classes out in the world, mix and match at will), Planetside 2 engine.

Sounds like it could be good.

Has it been announced for Steam or should we assume it is because Planetside 2 is?

fantomena

Fucking piece of shit. I need to do every single fucking quest to get into Wellspring before I can continue the DLC. I don't want to do that.

Grief.exe

Okay, now this is cool.

Since the world is voxel-based and has destruction they have the world set up in many tiers, like Minecraft.

You can pick up a mining pick, use abilities, or even enemies can create holes to get lower and lower.

kilr9Kj.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay, now this is cool.

Since the world is voxel-based and has destruction they have the world set up in many tiers, like Minecraft.

You can pick up a mining pick, use abilities, or even enemies can create holes to get lower and lower.

I feel like the fact that the world is destructible makes me want to play this even less. As an MMO you're likely to encounter a large number of a-holes who will ruin whatever it is you're trying to do.

Grief.exe

I love when developers take popular games and just say to themselves, 'lets do this game, but make every aspect better.'

GTAIV to Sleeping Dogs

World of Warcraft to Everquest Next or Wildstar

I feel like the fact that the world is destructible makes me want to play this even less. As an MMO you're likely to encounter a large number of a-holes who will ruin whatever it is you're trying to do.

I don't think you can permanently change the environment, he said it eventually heals.

There is world events, like the AQ opening event in WOW, that permanently change the landscape.

There is a game called Everquest Next Landmark that uses the engine and you can build areas. Just announced. Also sounds like an MMO. Huge continents that are procedural generated.

fantomena

Okay, now this is cool.

I hope they make this game heavy Nvidia Physics based. Wanna read about everyones dead graphics card.

Grief.exe

Everquest Next Landmark

Standalone building MMO. Takes the same engine from Everquest Next and lets you permanently build.

You get a claim flag where you claim an area to build on. You can invite your friends to build there as well

Huge procedural generated continents.

Travel into the world to collect elements.

Released this winter.

Everquest Next Landmark

Standalone building MMO. Takes the same engine from Everquest Next and lets you permanently build.

You get a claim flag where you claim an area to build on. You can invite your friends to build there as well

Huge procedural generated continents.

Travel into the world to collect elements.

Released this winter.

Isn't all the content going back into EQ Next?

Acccent

The problem is the devs are basing all their claims of innovation on the premise of "we're making an MMO" and they obviously have played a lot of MMOs, and it all sounds super old and boring to me :/

(just as I'm typing that, he announces Landmark, which kinda proves me wrong, so: good job)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom