• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

what to do this afternoon?

a) work towards my goal of getting through the Ys games

b) try to get Payday 2 working without horrible performance

c) play Mortal Kombat story mode

d) try and get tunnel man to make me a short cut to the ice caves in Spelunky

chronomac

Even though it'll bum some of you guys out, since you paid money for the game, I really think it is going free-to-play. In fact, I think all Valve games will, in one way or another, go that route too. It seems to be a model that makes sense, not only to Valve but so many other publishers too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Half-Life 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 go the same route, except right out of the gate, although I am prepared to be proven wrong. I want to be proven wrong.

what to do this afternoon?

a) work towards my goal of getting through the Ys games

b) try to get Payday 2 working without horrible performance

c) play Mortal Kombat story mode

d) try and get tunnel man to make me a short cut to the ice caves in Spelunky

e) spend whole time staring at library and end up not playing anything

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Id prefer sairse ronan if she didnt have that dirty carlow/dublin hybrid accent that she puts on.

I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Ah, nice. Missed that!

I think Valve will be experimenting a bit before making a decision, similar to how TF2 didn't go F2P until ~9 months after the Mann Co. update.

Nabs

Right side:
5Y4GjDA.jpg

- random shit, books, documents, headphones etc.

I see someone's a Gladiator fan.
I'm kidding...

Blitzhex

CS:GO going f2p would be very good for areas with small gaming communities, like where I live. Might actually get some players to fill out the local server instead of having to join the next best alternative which are 120+ ms servers, which is a very bad experience in CS if you're trying to play competitively.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unfortunately GMG introduced Scandinavia-tax when they changed the currency from dollar to pounds. It isn't worth buying from them.

Ouch. :( If the game is on GameFly and isn't restricted to North America, you can use the code GFDAUG20.

Thomper

So if I buy a key from Amazon but live in Europe myself, when does it unlock? On the American day of release or when it's available in Europe?

lmpaler

Even though it'll bum some of you guys out, since you paid money for the game, I really think it is going free-to-play. In fact, I think all Valve games will, in one way or another, go that route too. It seems to be a model that makes sense, not only to Valve but so many other publishers too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Half-Life 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 go the same route, except right out of the gate, although I am prepared to be proven wrong. I want to be proven wrong.

Half-Life is worthy of money, no f2p shite needed.

GO being f2p could be cool. Seems to be working well with TF2 and Dota

Grief.exe

There could be a better way(seeing as I'm pretty bad at Spelunky), but I usually toss a bomb into the water, which drains the pool and kills off any piranhas wanting to chomp on me.

I've started waiting until they swim to their farthest point, then jumping in and whipping them or using the boomerang.

I was using bombs as well, but that wasted a lot of bombs.

I keep getting to the 4th floor with like 5-6 health and a boomerang, but my run ends spectacularly.

One of them was a tiki trap hits a bomb frog off screen, it explodes launching a rock towards me, knocks me out, my body falls too far hurting me, then bounces into a pool of piranhas.
Seriously..

denx

So I played some Skullgirls yesterday. Let's just say that people who are able to connect 25 hit combos like it's nobody's business and are playing on beginner level lobbies are the worst.

Turfster

So I played some Skullgirls yesterday. Let's just say that people who are able to connect 25 hit combos like it's nobody's business and are playing on beginner level lobbies are the worst.

This is why I only play multiplayer games with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom