• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started waiting until they swim to their farthest point, then jumping in and whipping them or using the boomerang.

I was using bombs as well, but that wasted a lot of bombs.

I keep getting to the 4th floor with like 5-6 health and a boomerang, but my run ends spectacularly.

One of them was a tiki trap hits a bomb frog off screen, it explodes launching a rock towards me, knocks me out, my body falls too far hurting me, then bounces into a pool of piranhas.
Seriously..

Haha, yeah I've had a few crazy deaths due to bomb-fueled projectiles. I finally got through the jungle just now...immediately stepped on a red button in the ice cave thinking "hey whats this do?!" Curiosity often leads to my downfall in this game lol.

So I played some Skullgirls yesterday. Let's just say that people who are able to connect 25 hit combos like it's nobody's business and are playing on beginner level lobbies are the worst.

They are so badass that they can't be bothered with the possibility of losing.

Retne

So I played some Skullgirls yesterday. Let's just say that people who are able to connect 25 hit combos like it's nobody's business and are playing on beginner level lobbies are the worst.

Whatever you do don't go into the quick matches. Played a few matches through that a couple days ago and ran into nothing but people who could chain and reset really well. Managed to break out of one and kill off one of their characters but then he destroyed me.

I just need to spend more time in the training room I guess. Need to learn those combos and practice my neutral game.

Grief.exe

People don't like a challenge in multiplayer games, they don't want to master the game.

This is why Call of Duty is so popular.

Gbraga

Maybe they're just humble? I would never create a lobby saying I'm an expert...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Looks like we might have an incomming Humble Weekly sale featuring the X Universe games:

X Universe Bundle A
  • X3: Reunion
  • X: Beyond the Frontier
  • X2: The Threat
  • X-Tension
  • SteamDB Unknown App 229330 (???)
X Universe Bundle B
  • X3: Albion Prelude
  • X3: Terran Conflict
  • X-SuperBox Bonus Material
Most likely a PWYW for Bundle A and beat the average for Bundle B.

What timing. I'm replaying Terran Conflict right now. For anyone the least bit interested Terran Conflict is the one you want to play, just be prepared for a brick wall of a learning curve. But once you're hooked the game is amazing (I highly recommend you use the awesome X3 Rebalance Mod). Rebirth is one of the most looked forward to games of my life.

Looks like we might have an incomming Humble Weekly sale featuring the X Universe games:

X Universe Bundle A
X Universe Bundle B

dancewnxfr.gif

take my money. all of it.

Dolor

What timing. I'm replaying Terran Conflict right now. For anyone the least bit interested Terran Conflict is the one you want to play, just be prepared for a brick wall of a learning curve. But once you're hooked the game is amazing. Rebirth is one of the most looked forward to games of my life.

This. I played mostly Albion Prelude, but my feelings are exactly the same. If you can get over the learning curve, X games are amazing sandboxes that really do allow you to do almost anything in them. Also, check out the modding scene. It is impressive to say the least.

I'm jealous of all you X noobs who will get so much cool content for so little cost.

Can't wait for X:Rebirth.

denx

X Universe Bundle A
X Universe Bundle B

I'll buy that.

Yeah, it sucks playing on pub matches, but I don't have any friends nearby who are playing Skullgirls, so yeah.

I haven't seen Salsa btw. :p

ok. What is the difference between Prelude, Reunion, and Terran Conflict? Are they DLC's or standalones, etc? Store pages are rather similar in the description section

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

X Universe Bundle A
X Universe Bundle B

Oooh nice, it'll help me round out the missing ones in that collection.

ok. What is the difference between Prelude, Reunion, and Terran Conflict? Are they DLC's or standalones, etc? Store pages are rather similar in the description section

Reunion is the original X3, Terran Conflict introduced a lot of new systems and stuff, Albion Prelude added even more complicated stuff like a universe-wide stock market. Terran Conflict is often the one people are told to play of the 3, especially due to the amount of mods for it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Martian

Wasnt there a rumour a while back that AOE 2: HD was going to have DLC?
I wonder if that's going to happen, because I am going to be all over that

also I ordered my TV, so it's gonna be BIGPICTURE TIME BABY

Dolor

Reunion is the original X3, Terran Conflict introduced a lot of new systems and stuff, Albion Prelude added even more complicated stuff like a universe-wide stock market. Terran Conflict is often the one people are told to play of the 3, especially due to the amount of mods for it.

Many (most?) of the mods for TC also work for Albion Prelude.

Dolor

A couple of tips for X3 newcomers:

• Download an unlimited salvage insurance mod which allows you to save anywhere - saves a ton of frustration when you are getting started
  • If you hit something like a station or another ship, you will likely blow up. X doesn't care, but if you click on something and hit Shift+A, your ship will automatically autopilot to that thing and dock with it if possible. Very helpful to avoid crashes
  • Check out the egosoft forums for mods
  • There is a "bonus package" of official mods that make some of the AI routines better and give you some help (e.g. automatic missile defense)
  • The kind of ship you are piloting matters and will affect how well you can do certain things (e.g. fighters fight better than freighters). You can own multiple different types of ships

Slacker

Anyone play Monaco multiplayer mode? I've got the board gaming group coming over tomorrow and I'm wondering if it would be a good filler between games (I have a bt dongle and 4 PS3 controllers).

Mugatu

These games now have cards:

Europa Universalis III
PAM
Trapped Dead

I was wondering when more games would get cards.

At least from reading here, card seem to drive sales so I would have though developers would rush to add them. I wonder if Valve has any restrictions on adding teh feature?

Anyone play Monaco multiplayer mode? I've got the board gaming group coming over tomorrow and I'm wondering if it would be a good filler between games (I have a bt dongle and 4 PS3 controllers).

It's great, some of the best co op in years. Don't count on there being players online, however.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There is a "bonus package" of official mods that make some of the AI routines better and give you some help (e.g. automatic missile defense)
This kind of thing is simply more realistic to me. With all the random shit flying around in space, if the technology exists, which it will, your ship will have something to detect and eliminate things that are going to hit your ship.

derExperte

The Steam newsfeed worked for a few hours today and now we're back to June. Which is pretty bad for all the newly released games. Man, Valve seems to have more and more problems keeping Steam running smoothly these days.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I seriously need a new title for the next thread guys.

Get cracking.
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Hey man, can you buy me this?
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - This game is great! No, it sucks!
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - A flood of unoptimized ports
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Unannounced releases forever
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - The game you just bought is the next Humble deal
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Pay to do dev's alpha testing for them
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - You still can't downscale windowed mode
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Tower Defense and Roguelikes

chronomac

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Songs in the Key of Steam

I was trying to play off the key talk and how that annoys some people, so I knocked off this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom