• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is zodiac tourney just a bunch of hand to hand fights? That sounds boring if so <_<

The zodiac tournament is basically hand-to-hand and some running sections but there are story cutscenes.

It was my least favourite DLC.

Wheels of Fury gives one a badass car.
Nightmare is a bit like Zodiac tournament in that it is just combat, but it has a nice atmosphere and gives you magic anti-demons fist powers.
Year of the Snake has Wei Shen shouting "Wei Shen Hong Kong police!" as you beat up and handcuff thugs. That made the experience worthwhile for me.

Grief.exe

No achievements in the Sudeki release.

PjRsK78.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No achievements in the Sudeki release.

Kinda sad, but expected, since the game came out before "achievements" really existed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well there are some more stand-alone DLC like Blood Dragon, but I doubt the model will be changing towards that for awhile.

Sure, though I don't classify standalone releases as DLC. DLC expands upon a base product -- things like Blood Dragon and The Missing Link I'd label standalone expansions.

Grief.exe

Oh well at least it has cards.

Achievements translate to more fun for me while I'm playing the game. Cards are just a tertiary addition that increases my Steam Wallet or, if I really like the game, some badge for my profile.

I obviously prefer achievements, but I realize its completely subjective. The inclusion of achievements probably could have swayed me to a day one purchase, but the game does release right before the massive gauntlet of games releasing from the end of February through March.

I need an online multiplayer shooter other than Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Is Arma 3 worth it?

The ARMA series is my favorite and most played franchise but I wouldn't recommend it for Versus online MP. I can't say I've played against humans more than a handful of times since the original. And what I did wasn't great.

It's all about co-op.

Achievements translate to more fun for me while I'm playing the game. Cards are just a tertiary addition that increases my Steam Wallet or, if I really like the game, some badge for my profile.

I obviously prefer achievements, but I realize its completely subjective. The inclusion of achievements probably could have swayed me to a day one purchase, but the game does release right before the massive gauntlet of games releasing from the end of February through March.

I totally understand it, personally for me I enjoy them and I try to avoid looking what each achievement need to be unlocked but sometimes I can't control myself and read the conditions needed and I'll start playing to unlock the rather than play to enjoy the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone know what's up with this?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26683
Shouldn't all the DLC be included?

It should, but it's one of those things that Ubi kinda dropped the ball on. Since the game uses uPlay, I believe it just gives you a key that unlocks the "complete" edition on uPlay but doesn't show that you own the DLC on Steam.

Anno 2070® Complete Edition includes the award-winning strategy game Anno 2070®, Anno 2070® Deep Ocean and all downloadable content packs. Also included and delivered via download: the complete Anno 2070 soundtrack, updated Tree of Technologies poster, and 152-page art book.

If you don't care about the soundtrack, poster, and art book - the game + the DLC Complete Pack is cheaper (at least here in the US) than the complete collection.

Pachimari

The ARMA series is my favorite and most played franchise but I wouldn't recommend it for Versus online MP. I can't say I've played against humans more than a handful of times since the original. And what I did wasn't great.

It's all about co-op.

I'm not into co-op games.

I hoped this would be a realistic simulator which could give me a good competitive game. :(

It should, but it's one of those things that Ubi kinda dropped the ball on. Since the game uses uPlay, I believe it just gives you a key that unlocks the "complete" edition on uPlay but doesn't show that you own the DLC on Steam.

If you don't care about the soundtrack, poster, and art book - the game + the DLC Complete Pack is cheaper (at least here in the US) than the complete collection.

Thanks. The DLC pack doesn't include the Deep Ocean add-on though.

jshackles

Thanks. The DLC pack doesn't include the Deep Ocean add-on though.

Oh yeah, sorry didn't notice that. Why am I not surprised that the "Complete" DLC package from Ubi isn't actually complete?

I guess since the game launches via uPlay anyway, it doesn't matter not "owning" the DLC on Steam. But I agree, it's pretty wacky.

Just a heads up, the same thing is true of the Might and Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition, even though that one lists the DLC. I purchased it in the last sale, and Steam says I don't own the expansion packs. The key Steam gave me activated on uPlay as the "Complete Edition".

Jawmuncher

So much this. Forgotten Sands is up there next to Sand of Time as my favorite.

Gameplay wise it definitely is. But story wise PoP 2008 is better.
Though of course Sands of Time is still the all time best PoP game ever. Though I heard the PC version doesn't support controller which if true is terrible.

Shame that they have yet to exceed that game. I remember getting it based off the OPM review because it was 5/5 never regretted it after I started playing it. Beat it numerous times as a kid.

Nabs

Gameplay wise it definitely is. But story wise PoP 2008 is better.
Though of course Sands of Time is still the all time best PoP game ever. Though I heard the PC version doesn't support controller which if true is terrible.

Shame that they have yet to exceed that game. I remember getting it based off the OPM review because it was 5/5 never regretted it after I started playing it. Beat it numerous times as a kid.

It does. You just have to spend 30 seconds configuring it.

PEGI version of South Park is cut? They removed the Swastikas. Oh man.

German version cuts : The character class "Jew" is now "Paladin".

I wonder what THQ would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom