• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Achievements translate to more fun for me while I'm playing the game. Cards are just a tertiary addition that increases my Steam Wallet or, if I really like the game, some badge for my profile.

I obviously prefer achievements, but I realize its completely subjective. The inclusion of achievements probably could have swayed me to a day one purchase, but the game does release right before the massive gauntlet of games releasing from the end of February through March.

Yeah, it's all subjective. For me, I really like that I can collect the badges as a kind of a memento of the games I really liked. It's nice to be able to look through the badges page I have and quickly see all my favorite games and get a nice sense of overall great game nostalgia. That does more for me than the achievements I've gotten, but obviously YMMV.

But yes, it is all personal preference, and my personal preference is for both :).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
PEGI version of South Park is cut? They removed the Swastikas. Oh man.

German version cuts : The character class "Jew" is now "Paladin".

I wonder what THQ would have done.

the same...

you can't have swastikas in the german version, it's no problem in the show cause Movies/TV = art, games = toys... i know it makes no sense

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just a heads up, the same thing is true of the Might and Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition, even though that one lists the DLC. I purchased it in the last sale, and Steam says I don't own the expansion packs. The key Steam gave me activated on uPlay as the "Complete Edition".

Yeah, I remember buying a bunch of Might & Magic stuff last year and having to dig through the registry to see exactly which sub contained what. I can still buy M&MH6 Gold and Complete because of the key DLC.

...I might do that, actually.

Edit: It'll have to be next time.

Myshkin

Tabby just had a litter. Need to find homes for these kittens:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA Gold Edition -- MB-05178B8AFA81DB38 - Taken by FOX_. 6 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol -- MB-5A821A24CBE91137 - Taken by Aaron. 3 entrants total.
Naval Warfare (app/98500) -- MB-23F9355B206E595E - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-E9AC24895ED2CD42 - Taken by jmizzal. 4 entrants total.

t1393013372z1.png

Image of recent mom:

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Americans making fun of Jews. Its okay. Americans are making fun of jews in german? Yeah no not okay.

It really makes no sense.

nobody has a problem with the humor/jokes, it's just that games are considered toys in front of the law and can't have any nazi symbols in them...
the show was never cut over here

and by the way, the jew class was not renamed to paladin!

the only thing that is cut are the swastikas, no big deal imo.

luckily i have a ROW version of the game without cuts.
but who knows, maybe i still can only play the cut version or ubi changes the subid or something like that :p

How is Nuclear Throne according to SteamGAF? Got a 50% voucher after badge crafting, reviews on Steam are great and I don't think it will become cheaper anytime soon.

BroHo is still best Ass after Ass2.

(1) If you don't end up wanting that coupon, I'll put it to use. I watched someone play a bit of Nuclear Throne and it piqued my interest enough that it's been sitting at the top of my wishlist... but it's never been lower than it's current price, so 1/2 off would push me over the edge on it.

(2) I respectfully disagree. I don't know about Brotherhood being "best after AC2", but based on what I thought of AC2, that's not saying much. :)

PEGI version of South Park is cut? They removed the Swastikas. Oh man.

German version cuts : The character class "Jew" is now "Paladin".

I wonder what THQ would have done.

Blame Canada.

--

For Uraizen (or anyone else who may have finished Strider):
Are there "large canisters" in the Tower? The green blips on the map? It's the only "collectible" achievement I'm missing, but I can't find any info on locations on the internet and as far as I can tell I have all of them in areas I've been to checking through the world map. I'm trying to back up my save now so I can just restore my current save after beating the game if I did somehow miss one and there isn't any in the tower.

Someone else asked in here, but I don't recall seeing the answer: Does anyone know where Strider saves to?

kris.

Banned
so Crysis 3 is on sale at gamestop.com, digital download for $5. if i buy it
i already bought it
do i have to use their app to install it or is there a way to get an origin/steam code?

Vazduh

Here you go gentlemen:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-92F23065CEC69288

t1393014045z1.png

JustinBB7

i already bought it
do i have to use their app to install it or is there a way to get an origin/steam code?

Crysis 3 isn't on Steam, I think you'll have to put it in Origin. Don't know if gamestop has it's own client.

Jawmuncher

i already bought it

You need to use the app to get the code for the game but then you can delete.
Pretty archaic but its a quick process

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can't find how to edit steam review, I'm sure it is possible, I just can't find it now :(
halp!

Edit: Ah I see you found it. Well for others who don't know.

Find where your review is first of all, usually I just go to the game page and click on View your review
y0ZHurA.jpg

Once you get to your review, you should something to the right saying OWNER CONTROLS with an Edit Review and Delete options. For me it looked like the following.
bjMQDBn.jpg

Backlogger

Giveaway Raffle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Alien Shooter 2: Conscription -- MB-B72C6104CF5629F1
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams #2 -- MB-5F62B6E4514A6E18
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-C6A922613F405561
Lunar Flight -- MB-A5B902CD86CF72E5
Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-3B9256E984EE62E8
Interstellar Marines -- MB-6181C28C218D6D2D
Dogfight 1942 -- MB-F033833C9424EB7E
Universe Sandbox -- MB-CD9AE60E13E82471
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-B6E397A6C1B5469A
PID -- MB-E76EFEBB75C11BA7
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-D3D4B7F7962DA369
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-95A9D8E1CE1108C1
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-A8DAA5999E266E9D
Rush Bros -- MB-854CBEE842077870
Alien Hallway -- MB-3F62D3BE8280CF81
IL 2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-B23B46691E7A4E30
Alient Shooter -- MB-16603238F628722D
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-4AD77DD322387899
The Swapper -- MB-11794FA9542A8963
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-9D8CBED527B85BDE
Zombie Shooter -- MB-986E1ADCB2E4CF06
Hero Siege -- MB-88208BA162F23A6A
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D7EF1E1F2CD02CE9
Antichamber -- MB-5B071C67C90CF2B0 - Taken by trailmix16
Syberia I & II (I will PM you 2nd key) -- MB-389BE8ADB7653E68
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-C35A2CED1805DA17
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B4DD816DB84ABCDB
Hero of the Kingdom #2 -- MB-372C97731D824B6C
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-486D8A18E3C9781C
And Yet it Moves -- MB-E7DEF0F98663D47A
Dust: An Elysian Tail #2 -- MB-6504803EDA3616A0

t1393014495z1.png

Apologize in advance if there are any issues with keys or Humble gift links. PM me if you do and I will attempt to sort it out.

ShogunX

Erm....it has cards!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for ShogunX:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Day One: Garry's Incident -- MB-B90B0FBD94A3E87F - Taken by Nabs. 12 entrants total.

t1393005138z1.png

Arthea

Edit: Ah I see you found it. Well for others who don't know.

Thanks anyway, I'm sure your guide will help some other lost soul

I'm curious as to what this unfortunate wording was.
Nothing criminal really, I had in mind that recommend a game even for those not interested in franchise, and I wrote and haters alike, I know from experience that such humour doesn't work in reviews, so I wanted to edit it out.

Arthea

I feel really lazy to make modbot giveaway, so let's try very simple thing.
If you want both Syberia games, just prove to me that you played any adventure game for at least an hour (profile link can work or talk to me on steam, doesn't matter) and don't have them and both are yours.

rookiejet

I want the first two GTA games and Anno 1404, but they are no longer listed on Steam. Heartache. Is this what being a collector feels like?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I want the first two GTA games and Anno 1404, but they are no longer listed on Steam. Heartache. Is this what being a collector feels like?

I don't think the first two GTA games were ever listed on Steam. They were probably included in GTA franchise packs at one point but as far as I remember you could never get them separately since they're free from Rockstar directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom