• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Yeah, it's safe for now, but all bets are off once Acti's financial year comes to an end. We should start taking bets on what Acti will drop next. There's:

- The licences associated with Monster Jam
- Cabela's (the hunting games)
- Family Guy
- Fast and Furious
- Ice Age
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Walking Dead
- Tony Hawk
- Transformers

Please drop Transformers. I want to be special by owning both!

Zeknurn

I still go by my theory that it's going to be a Joe Danger related bundle to help out Hello games with the office flooding. The exclusive tier might even be a higher donation to help them out even more.

kurahador

It seems gaben wants me to craft Portal 2 foil badge.
SMSFITv.jpg

Dr Dogg

Worked out how to make an offline GFWL account so I can play/save Dark Souls, though without online. Not fussed. Enjoy offline Dark Souls.

Question: Microsoft overhauled the way gamertags/live works about six months ago, yeah? I don't own an Xbox, and 99% of the games I play don't use GFWL, so I don't really know the details.

Is it possible that my Dark Souls key is registered to a gamertag account, so like "EatChildrenAU", that isn't associated with a typical GFWL login that's now required (eg: @hotmail, @live, etc). Was there a point where people merged their online gamertag logins with an @address login? That would explain why my key is registered, but I know not where.

There's two types of methods GFWL uses with it's keys. The legacy method where a key is used to authenticate the game but is not timed to your account ( these sometimes have limited activations). The second is the Server Side Activation method which bound they key to your gamertag but you could install as much as you liked. Dark Souls is the later.

Here's a list of the ones on Steam if anyone's interested

If you make an offline profile it will never ask you for your key. Some games like Bulletstorm won't work without a Live enabled profile though (Bulletstorm is the only one I know but there might be others).

To answer your other question, you could make any email address into a GFWL account for quite a while now (mines on an old gmail address) so you might have done the same thing I did with a few EA account based games and have them spread around. You might be able to dig around the registry and see if there's a Dark Souls key in there and vise versa what GFWL accounts you had on your machine and work back from there. Well depending on how format happy you are.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I still go by my theory that it's going to be a Joe Danger related bundle to help out Hello games with the office flooding. The exclusive tier might even be a higher donation to help them out even more.

It's definitely going to be called "Humble Indie Bundle X" (ie 10) as they've tweeted a teaser image for it, so I doubt it'll be based around a single game series or studio, but I wouldn't put it past them to help them out if Joe Danger was included.

Hawkie

Regarding Prey - all spare copies are gone (1 reserved for Smash). Am happy to get additional copies for people who want. Turnaround time is likely to be 3-4 days. PM if interested.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Since the MGR run is going to start on AGDQ time for a reminder about the giveaway! See what you can do within the first 20 minutes of the game and enter!
iOY5V7wAo0aJ3.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's two types of methods GFWL uses with it's keys. The legacy method where a key is used to authenticate the game but is not timed to your account ( these sometimes have limited activations). The second is the Server Side Activation method which bound they key to your gamertag but you could install as much as you liked. Dark Souls is the later.

Here's a list of the ones on Steam if anyone's interested

If you make an offline profile it will never ask you for your key. Some games like Bulletstorm won't work without a Live enabled profile though (Bulletstorm is the only one I know but there might be others).

To answer your other question, you could make any email address into a GFWL account for quite a while now (mines on an old gmail address) so you might have done the same thing I did with a few EA account based games and have them spread around. You might be able to dig around the registry and see if there's a Dark Souls key in there and vise versa what GFWL accounts you had on your machine and work back from there. Well depending on how format happy you are.

Fucking ace! Cheers man. For some reason I assumed I had to use a Microsoft related @account, but it seems I had my old GFWL gamertag tied to gmail login. Got it, and I'm back in.

Arthea

Don't know was it posted already but the Banner Saga is up for preoder on gamersgate, although I think it's more expansive than on steam, unless blue coins in huge quantities.

edited: Nope, it seems I was wrong, the same price as on steam.

kurahador

Every time I see one of this I feel so sad, I have yet to get a foil :|

Just unpack some booster packs if you got some. I only got foil drop from playing game once really.

Man...I really wanna join that MGR raffle, but konami hate my region.

Hasney

Since the MGR run is going to start on AGDQ time for a reminder about the giveaway! See what you can do within the first 20 minutes of the game and enter!
iOY5V7wAo0aJ3.gif

Goddamn, nice one. Entered on them as I need to show my friend how much better than DmC it is by giving one to her!

EDIT: Just seeing that GIF has gotten the soundtrack stuck in my head... RULES OF NATURE.

Terra_Ex

Every time I see one of this I feel so sad, I have yet to get a foil :|
I think I've got about 5 foils across different games so far and I haven't sold a single one as the steam community's sole mission seems to be to tank card prices asap to the point where it's barely worth selling them.

iOY5V7wAo0aJ3.gif

Damn, that's quite a giveaway.

Dr Dogg

Fucking ace! Cheers man. For some reason I assumed I had to use a Microsoft related @account, but it seems I had my old GFWL gamertag tied to gmail login. Got it, and I'm back in.

Hahaha the real Dark Souls (re)begins here.

In the end a stupidly long winded post by me then.

kurahador

Urghh...had this asshole added me after playing a round of Arkham Origins MP.

I thought he was adding ppl who play it coz you know...there aren't many. Turns out he just wants to say how much I suck, should sell my account and look at how pro he is at the game.
And why am I not surprised he's also a hardcore Dota 2 player. Damn toxic community.

I want online people that actually talk and want to do stuff(play multiplayer games together) on my friends list. All of my buddies are on xbox and since the xbone doesn't launch over here I feel like I've been segregated into some sort of no friend zone hell of videogaming. I mean I'm getting these singleplayer games cleared out of my backlog but a lot of games are a lot less fun without friends.

The_Monk

I thought he was adding ppl who play it coz you know...there aren't many. Turns out he just wants to say how much I suck, should sell my account and look at how pro he is at the game.

I'll never understand those people that decide to waste their own time with such pointless activity. Just ignore it fellow GAFfer. ;)

Urghh...had this asshole added me after playing a round of Arkham Origins MP.

And why am I not surprised he's also a hardcore Dota 2 player. Damn toxic community.

Yet there are more than 2 "+rep" on his/her profile. So I might say that I doubt your words now, even if there is also a VACban there. I want to trust the +rep people.

Hasney

My favourite "Send you a message to say how much you suck" moments all came from Street Fighter 4, where I apparently cheated by using a controller instead of using a keyboard like it was meant to be played.

Didn't have as many in SSF4:AE even though I was top of the leaderboards at one point. I assumed there were still a lot of keyboard warriors at that point too.

Dr Dogg

I really must get round to adding the SteamGAF regulars so we can all be antisocial together and watch our game and dlc counts rise and covet the games pulled from Steam that we may or may not have.

Seams like waaaaay too much hard work though.

Maybe it's not the best thread to ask this, but the gif with Sam from MGR with stuff blowing up in the sky isn't in the game, right? Where's it from?

Arthea

I really must get round to adding the SteamGAF regulars so we can all be antisocial together and watch our game and dlc counts rise and covet the games pulled from Steam that we may or may not have.

Seams like waaaaay too much hard work though.

Have you missed our fl orgy? I added around 100 people I think, got tired more than playing eXceed! not even mentioning that steam community broke and is broken until now. Activity tab is delight though.

Knurek

My favourite "Send you a message to say how much you suck" moments all came from Street Fighter 4, where I apparently cheated by using a controller instead of using a keyboard like it was meant to be played.

Didn't have as many in SSF4:AE even though I was top of the leaderboards at one point. I assumed there were still a lot of keyboard warriors at that point too.

Is it even possible to play 6-button Street Fighter on a 4 button gamepad? I just couldn't do it, no matter how many times I've tried.
Or were you using arcade stick?

Hey guys

A bud bought Skyrim Regular, and then bought the complete edition, however he cannot access The dlc.

He tried to delete regular and install the complete but did not help

Dr Dogg

Have you missed our fl orgy? I added around 100 people I think, got tired more than playing eXceed! not even mentioning that steam community broke and is broken until now. Activity tab is delight though.

Hahaha well I am meant to be busy at work. I'm going to wait until February when I've got my 'regular' mug back as my avatar so people aren't going 'Who's this arsehole?'. Though when back to normal it will probably result in 'Oh that arsehole'.

Arthea

Hahaha well I am meant to be busy at work. I'm going to wait until February when I've got my 'regular' mug back as my avatar so people aren't going 'Who's this arsehole?'. Though when back to normal it will probably result in 'Oh that arsehole'.

wait... you are Doggie! *mindblown*
your avatar is all wrong. (><)

Hasney

Is it even possible to play 6-button Street Fighter on a 4 button gamepad? I just couldn't do it, no matter how many times I've tried.
Or were you using arcade stick?

Just a 360 pad on SF4 vanilla. But the heavies on the triggers, 3 punches/kicks on the bumpers and it was OK.

Had an arcade stick by the time SSF4:AE rolled around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom