• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Hey Steam folk. Didn't want to ask during all the Holiday sale craziness, but figured that I would now that traffic has slowed down a bit. I just recently sold my 360 and moved over to the PS3. I saved one wired 360 controller since that has been pretty indispensable for me with PC gaming. But as I recall there are some ways to get the DualShock 3 working with the PC, so I wanted to figure that out. I recall hearing that some method or another was not recommended so I wanted to get GAF advice on the matter over randomly Google searching.

Not motioninjoy. Never motioninjoy.

kulapik

Holy cow! I contacted one of the developers over the weekend and I got a reply today. I asked for the Android port as well and he said that the IOS version didn't do well, but if there's enough interest in the Steam version, he might do it if time allows.

If you like Sudoku, you will LOVE Everyday Genius: SquareLogic. Is one of the games that I have more hours logged in my account. No need to use math, it's just logic.

Looks nice, and it's only 5 bucks

however my only buy at 75% still applies

denx

I feel like gloating

7lDtY8H.png

Bht5RgV.png

rtcn63

Hey Steam folk. Didn't want to ask during all the Holiday sale craziness, but figured that I would now that traffic has slowed down a bit. I just recently sold my 360 and moved over to the PS3. I saved one wired 360 controller since that has been pretty indispensable for me with PC gaming. But as I recall there are some ways to get the DualShock 3 working with the PC, so I wanted to figure that out. I recall hearing that some method or another was not recommended so I wanted to get GAF advice on the matter over randomly Google searching.

Motioninjoy software was the iffy one, I believe. Most people seem to prefer Xpadder or something or other.

MNC

Not motioninjoy. Never motioninjoy.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102 USE THIS PLEASE FOR THE GOD OF LOVE

I feel like gloating

7lDtY8H.png

Bht5RgV.png

I hear there were some retailers still selling Prey which you could activate on Steam. I'm still tempted to do it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New Enhanced Steam feature I'm working on... I figured that showing it off using this game would be fitting:

edetPTo.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Motioninjoy is great piece software #yolo

And my Rising key just got mailed, yahoo

MNC

New Enhanced Steam feature I'm working on... I figured that showing it off using this game would be fitting:

edetPTo.png

You know what would be great, and I don't think you can even gather that info from the Steam API; See if a game actually uses cloud saves or not. Most games nowadays use that stupid cloud, but wether it is for gamesaves or settings is a different matter.

Nobody did I can assure you but when you see one of the most important parts of the story coming from a mile away it kinda ruins the story doesn't it.

Depends on the execution. You can see a twist coming and it still can be powerful. Admittedly I thought Starbreeze didn't play that part as well as they could have, but it didn't sour my experience.

Vastag

Just started playing dark souls, fuuuuuuck, this game makes you pay for every error. Also, thank you Durante for the amazing fix.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know what would be great, and I don't think you can even gather that info from the Steam API; See if a game actually uses cloud saves or not. Most games nowadays use that stupid cloud, but wether it is for gamesaves or settings is a different matter.

I've looked into this before, but unfortunately it's not possible without keeping the database (of which game uses what type of cloud saving) up-to-date myself.

jshackles

Hang on a sec? Where's the missing 2%. 54 + 44 = 98. Are Steam reviews corrupt?

lol, well I did say I was *working* on it. :p But yeah, that's kinda bizarre.

jshackles

probably not thumbed reviews (don't know if you can)

Oh, I found the issue... this pulls the top 50 most helpful reviews, and the game only has 49 reviews. #TheWorldMakesSenseAgain

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think Edmund McMillen's game Aether is also supposedly considered an experimental game, but I enjoyed it immensely. Very charming and a bit oddball. Anyone who has Basement Collection and hasn't played Aether yet, should.
Is that the game where you travel across different planets? I am ashamed to admit I got stuck on the planet I reached and didn't know how to get out, so I stopped playing right there.

nexen

I don't care how flimsy the pretext is because it allows you to do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEfn8xkYGqE

Almost as badass as the Brave & The Bold Aquaman assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELLdlySuApk

You misunderstand. I LOVE how flimsy the pretexts are for fighting in these games.

Are the keys out on GMG?
I'm far to lazy to look. Site takes forever to load over here.

Nope. Mine still says "No keys available until the game is released."

HoosTrax

Is that the game where you travel across different planets? I am ashamed to admit I got stuck on the planet I reached and didn't know how to get out, so I stopped playing right there.
Yep that's the one. You jump up (W) and click+hold left mouse button to attach to and swing from things, like clouds.

fantomena

The Thief deal on GMG (it's 10% off and I assume the 25% voucher works on it) is tempting, but I must remember that Square is actually pretty good at sales.

jshackles

Stuff like this on Steam really makes me scratch my head.

English:
PEcDmeH.png

German:
CTWCTlg.png

French:
5ujgEiS.png

Why only put the number in English?

Awesome, that's just what I was looking for, thanks much.

Random steam game side note, I've always held that SFIII: 3rd Strike is my favorite sprite based fighting game for look and feel. But I've been playing some KOFXIII just a bit since picking it up in the Steam sale, and this game just looks so incredible. I don't think that the engine is perfect for me (some of the non-SF motions are pretty hard for me, and I don't like having to learn separate HD mode combos) but it's just so darn pretty. I also like the little stuff like having a color edit mode so that I can make my team look all spiffy like while I'm getting pasted online.

Looks cool, but I wouldn't really trust the Steam community hivemind.

That and I think there's a lot of old recommendations that are written in negative light to the game but it's says "recommended" as people don't care changing that now that steam reviews have been implemented.

Still an awesome feature added to brilliant Enchanced Steam, sometimes I'm overwhelmed with the features it already has and it keeps piling them up - great work jshackles!

Whools

hmm

ku40FlT.png

Won't have access to a computer then. :(

I would guess it's a high cost tier, Which is good for humble, as there's definitely a "pay the minimum" ideology in PWYW sites. Even more unlikely, but possible, is that it is physical rewards, t-shirts and the like.

Slyjss

I guess Humble special tier is going to be a couple of recent games on "beat the average". or something similar. I suppose it's Humble Indie Bundle X then.

jshackles

Think I got it working now. For example:

ZTHbdXj.png

Only 1 review, and it's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom