• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So White Day: A Labyrinth Named School releases today, though one purchasing error for it.

As someone who's released some small games on Steam, one time I released a game and there was no buy button and it was impossible to buy purchase it in your cart for a few hours. Unfortunately these things are usually on Valve's side (since Valve controls a few things about Steam purchases you can't control even as a developer), so you can't do much except wait for them to fix whatever. Bright side is they respond to these things relatively quickly, though to my knowledge they're not in the office usually until around 9 AM PST which is in an hour from now and then they need to get to it through other requests, so there's that.

But I've never seen so many Koreans lose their shit on Steam before. XD

c6c5786c516c23ecae1f07a86edd5b71.png

Knurek

I wish Steam had two wishlists.
One for games you're sure you want to buy, and one waiting wishlist, for interesting new releases that may or may not turn out okay.

Hektor

One for games you're sure you want to buy, and one waiting wishlist, for interesting new releases that may or may not turn out okay.

I always sort my wishlist by putting actually released games on top and unreleased/ea/episodic games at the bottom.

Would sure be nice if you could just have a toggle.

Arminsc

Something like custom tabs would be awesome, and not very difficult to implement.

Lain

Couldn't a curator list be set up to sort of doing that? Acting as the second wishlist. Granted I have no idea how the curator list works, like if you can put whatever you want in or only things you already own.

Played a bit of Heroine Anthem Zero.

Feels like a Vanillaware Game. It got mostly negative reviews because it was too short. Seems most reviews lately were positive, but they added another Chapter. Not sure how long it is now.
Just played for around an hour and I think its a really solid 2D "RPG"/Vanillaware-kind-of game.

Lain

Played a bit of Heroine Anthem Zero.

Feels like a Vanillaware Game. It got mostly negative reviews because it was too short. Seems most reviews lately were positive, but they added another Chapter. Not sure how long it is now.
Just played for around an hour and I think its a really solid 2D "RPG"/Vanillaware-kind-of game.

I played it for a little bit and found it enjoyable too.

gabbo

So White Day: A Labyrinth Named School releases today, though one purchasing error for it.

As someone who's released some small games on Steam, one time I released a game and there was no buy button and it was impossible to buy purchase it in your cart for a few hours. Unfortunately these things are usually on Valve's side (since Valve controls a few things about Steam purchases you can't control even as a developer), so you can't do much except wait for them to fix whatever. Bright side is they respond to these things relatively quickly, though to my knowledge they're not in the office usually until around 9 AM PST which is in an hour from now and then they need to get to it through other requests, so there's that.

But I've never seen so many Koreans lose their shit on Steam before. XD
That game is a lot more popular than I would have thought

zkylon

zkylewd
Remove it if you are not going to use Photoshop any time soon. I installed it last year, and have never used it since then so I uninstalled it.
i use it every day but i still deleted it

apparently it's temp data it didn't got properly deleted after closing photoshop so it's safe

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I've actually been working on this for a few months but due to my current IRL situation it might not see the light of day for quite some time yet. The idea is that users can tag items in their wishlist with custom tags (for example, "Buy when it's cheap!") which would allow Enhanced Steam to automatically build collapsible lists on the wishlist page that can be independently sorted.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That game is a lot more popular than I would have thought

In English speaking countries, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School seems super niche. But in Korea, it's literally the second best selling paid for mobile game of all time. It's easy to forget that though since this is the game's first official bigger scale international release and outside of like, me and other horror enthusiast you probably won't hear many people talking about it more publicly in English currently. But the game's a pretty big deal in Korea.

GTA trilogy on sale on Steam (III, Vice City & San Andreas)

Any essential or recommended mods?

I just use wide-screen and Xbox controller mods. Can't put up links at the moment as on phone. Thirteenag did the wide-screen mods and ginput for the controller - there are versions for all 3 games.

San Andreas you will probably have to downgrade the version to install some of the mods. You'll probably want to do something about the frame rate in that one as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I've actually been working on this for a few months but due to my current IRL situation it might not see the light of day for quite some time yet. The idea is that users can tag items in their wishlist with custom tags (for example, "Buy when it's cheap!") which would allow Enhanced Steam to automatically build collapsible lists on the wishlist page that can be independently sorted.

That would be an amazing feature. I frequently don't add games to my wishlist because its too long already and giving the ability to sort it would remove a lot of that. Great feature whenever you end up rolling it out.

gabbo

In English speaking countries, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School seems super niche. But in Korea, it's literally the second best selling paid for mobile game of all time. It's easy to forget that though since this is the game's first official bigger scale international release and outside of like, me and other horror enthusiast you probably won't hear many people talking about it more publicly in English currently. But the game's a pretty big deal in Korea.

I meant the original, but yes, I guess having the mobile game explode helps this become popular

Teggy

I managed to do it the other day... I lost the very first mission of XCOM: Enemy Within.

It's an instant game over.

For both games, XCOM 1 or 2, yeah.

They fundamentally change the way the campaign progresses.

Hm, loved the game but kinda don't feel like starting a whole 50 hour thing right now. Maybe next year when I am missing xcom.

Anteater

I don't usually install nude mods but when I do it'll be FFXV, something about going on a road trip with several naked guys from a boy band just fascinate me

Merkel is secretly a hardcore gamer lol.

I wonder what she's playing. The poster is for the switch version of FS but she's holding a PS4 controller, probably PS4 version of FS though.

Man, it's sad that I'm so low on money right now. I'm a one-dollar patreon of Enhanced Steam because that's all I can donate now, but I wish I could help with at least twenty dollars a month. You're doing a great job!

Mivey

this is all I needed from gamescom

Farm Sim is now Merkel approved!
Can you blame her? She has to push some well-known German game, and there isn't exactly a lot to choose from. I guess they could bring back Moorhuhn or whatever, but that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Can you blame her? She has to push some well-known German game, and there isn't exactly a lot to choose from. I guess they could bring back Moorhuhn or whatever, but that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The twist is that Farm Sim isn't a German franchise, but most people think it is :D

also how about Anno 1800, Elex or so ;)

edit: ups, double post, sorry

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, it's sad that I'm so low on money right now. I'm a one-dollar patreon of Enhanced Steam because that's all I can donate now, but I wish I could help with at least twenty dollars a month. You're doing a great job!

Thanks man, every little bit helps! Seriously though, I'm not saying "oh man I have to work a second job now just to make ends meet so please send me cash".

I actually feel a bit bad about patreon at the moment since people are making monthly pledges and my ability to work on the project has been cut down pretty severely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom