• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok man calm down. I just said i would not do that again

Please read the rules of the thread and forum in general too. If you want a game, enter for it like this if the instructions aren't clear to you.

j5kuFXoR9upDj.jpg

Jawmuncher

I don't even know if there's even any saving this guy.
Who was that guy who did nothing but claim games all day?
That's what he's going to do at this point it's already established.

Chariot

I don't believe in him. He should be banned from entering giveaways for a few weeks at least and show in that time that he isn't just here to aquire free keys.

Mono

Some mates of mine are trying to get that Friday Night at Freddie's game that just got greenlit working with the Oculus Rift! Not sure how well it will convert to VR since the game seems to be in fake 3D?

Still would be absolutely terrifying if they get it working, though!

xeris

Well, Crusader Kings 2 is included in the BTA tier of the current HB so I might go with that.

You probably know this, but CK2 and Vicy 2 play a bit different from each other if that matters to you. CK2 is a dynasty sim more than anything. You control the head of your family and whatever territories that gives you directly. Your vassals can be quite independent at times. Also, you can lose almost everything, but as long as someone in your family owns something somewhere you have a chance to claw your way back. Vicy 2 is like the Europa Universalis series in that it's a country simulator. Your leader only matters in an abstract way and it's all about amassing power for your chosen country.

derExperte

Please no prolonged drama. pm to Modbot -> permaban in the title -> username. Or not, maybe he'll become a good member in the long run like that Born2grabkeys guy. Right? Who knows.

I don't believe in him. He should be banned from entering giveaways for a few weeks at least and show in that time that he isn't just here to aquire free keys.

Modbot can't to temporary bans other than throtteling after winning too much.

Some mates of mine are trying to get that Friday Night at Freddie's game that just got greenlit working with the Oculus Rift! Not sure how well it will convert to VR since the game seems to be in fake 3D?

Ooo, that would be cool to see if they could get it working.

Vuze

Probably not the best idea. Retrofitting games for the Rift is hit or miss especially if its not highly customizable in terms of FOV etc. I tried to get Path to Thalamus working with VorpX but it wouldn't even start, Skyrim is amazing tho except for combat and everything else but walking around lol (if only I could get enemies to ignore me... tdetect disables NPCs as well :/ ).

madjoki

What Valve should do is offer the ability to disable licences for paid games -- in doing so, they're removed from your library and your Steam Community profile, but at any point you can visit your account page and reactivate the licences if you so desire. This would remove the potential headache of users wanting to re-add a licence for a game they removed that has since been pulled from the store.

(Consider this your side project when you land a job at Valve, Jshacks. ;))

I think this is actually how these free licenses work.
If you add one, remove it and add back later it will appear in it's original position.
I suppose it isn't too common use case to warrant development.

Exuro

After watching that Half Life 2 VR video I'm disappointed that the Steam controller won't be a dual motion controller set up.

Mono

Ooo, that would be cool to see if they could get it working.

For sure!

I don't think the security camera parts would transfer well, since VR might ruin the original game's effect of making it seem like you're actually looking at a security footage TV, but it might definitely be enough to get VR working just for when you're sitting in the security office waiting to get jumped or turning on the blind spot lights. :X

Annubis

Please no prolonged drama. pm to Modbot -> permaban in the title -> username. Or not, maybe he'll become a good member in the long run like that Born2grabkeys guy. Right? Who knows.

It's "permablock" in the title and username in the message field if anyone wants to do it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Dang, I totally missed that or probably woulda jumped on it. Winter Seal it is.

You can still find a lot of cheap copies of 2033 Redux that took advantage of the discount on dispenser.tf. They currently cost 3.5 tf2 keys

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unholy Heights -- MB-107F47DC96A09FA5 - Taken by bronson. 3 entrants total.
140 -- MB-12139C64AB6300A5 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-1E96A025D868CE7C - Taken by chronomac. 8 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-4784A72EEB14F98D - Taken by diablogod. 3 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-A28FE814DB8CCF3E
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-DBA752DE52480769 - Taken by creamsugar. 4 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-130788D78AA22608 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.

t1409089578z1.png

Mono

Probably not the best idea. Retrofitting games for the Rift is hit or miss especially if its not highly customizable in terms of FOV etc. I tried to get Path to Thalamus working with VorpX but it wouldn't even start, Skyrim is amazing tho except for combat and everything else but walking around lol (if only I could get enemies to ignore me... tdetect disables NPCs as well :/ ).

Aww, that's too bad. I don't think FNAF even has an options menu!

I would love to run around Skyrim with the rift; that sounds amazing.

After watching that Half Life 2 VR video I'm disappointed that the Steam controller won't be a dual motion controller set up.

That would be super cool!

Are you talking about that one with the awesome, complicated reload motion controls?

Exuro

Aww, that's too bad. I don't think FNAF even has an options menu!

I would love to run around Skyrim with the rift; that sounds amazing.

That would be super cool!

Are you talking about that one with the awesome, complicated reload motion controls?
Yeah. I really regret not getting a hydra on woot for $40 a few months ago now. :(

Turfster

Control (Ctrl)

That (and Tab) are skip mode for things you've already seen, though.
The menu makes it seem there's a mode that automatically moves the game forward until the next choice at a pace of your liking, but I can't for the life of me find the key for it.

Thanks anon for the Popcap BTA games.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
You probably know this, but CK2 and Vicy 2 play a bit different from each other if that matters to you. CK2 is a dynasty sim more than anything. You control the head of your family and whatever territories that gives you directly. Your vassals can be quite independent at times. Also, you can lose almost everything, but as long as someone in your family owns something somewhere you have a chance to claw your way back. Vicy 2 is like the Europa Universalis series in that it's a country simulator. Your leader only matters in an abstract way and it's all about amassing power for your chosen country.
I loved the EU series so Vicy 2 will be right up my alley. WELP, I'll just skip the PSN sales for both the BTA and Bundlestars bundles. I think this will be my first time to deal with Bundlestars so hopefully I won't have any transaction problems dealing with them.

Curious_George

Neo Member
I see Dead Rising 3 trading for 10 keys, very temped ineed, so is it regionlocked? Tried to figure out looking at SteamDB. Also, I saw Sub Zero used to trade keys, so there is cheaper way to get keys than the market in Steam?

*Edit* Whoa! Just realized that I've become a Member!:D The joy!

If it's not against the rules, can I ask where you see this? I wouldn't mind picking up DR3 at that price, but I don't follow key trading much and am afraid I don't know where to find a legit trading source.

Mono

Did anyone here actually play Heileen 3?
What the hell is the auto text shortcut key =p

Did you play the other Heileen games? They look really promising, but I haven't had the chance to try any of them! I'm assuming you have to play them in order?

Zia

So the Super Time Force port is really wonderful. And I still think it's the second best thing Capy has done behind Clash of Heroes (DS of course, for the lovely pixel art). But man, I'm crafting badges and judging by the Market the game's sold like triple digits. Bit of a surprise, even with the quiet launch.

Turfster

Did you play the other Heileen games? They look really promising, but I haven't had the chance to try any of them! I'm assuming you have to play them in order?

The third one starts with a sort of recap of what happened in the previous games and so far seems pretty standalone.
(And no, this is my first one)

Annubis

That (and Tab) are skip mode for things you've already seen, though.
The menu makes it seem there's a mode that automatically moves the game forward until the next choice at a pace of your liking, but I can't for the life of me find the key for it.

Oh? Is that what the auto text speed thing is?
That would make sense.

No idea. Sorry I can't help =/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Emperor_EL, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-0F8AADE218807A3B - Taken by pastrami. 2 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-87BF5149957C5460 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-13690B2685D18740 - Taken by mileS. 43 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-BE31C8D9A6040613 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-CC6F2113C02B1DB6 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.

t1409099598z1.png

Have at them & Enjoy.

Myshkin

What do people think of "Groupees Trading Coins"?
Will JaseC buy 2 copies of the Be Mine 14 bundle to get 1 of each trading coin?

That also makes me wonder... for people who collect Steam badges, do you make the badges and also keep another copy of each trading card from the set? do you make 5 different accounts so you can have badges at every level?

Backlogger

You can still find a lot of cheap copies of 2033 Redux that took advantage of the discount on dispenser.tf. They currently cost 3.5 tf2 keys

Thanks for the suggestion. I can wait though. I have tons of games I can play while I wait for a good sale on it.

Tizoc

So apparently, other than Breath of Fire 4, there was a PC ver. of Megaman X4 AND X5 too
Megaman wikia said:
On the PC version, the music for the final battle with Sigma was switched around. In other words, the music that played for the first phase of the battle on the PSX and Saturn versions became the final phase in the PC version and vice-versa. This can be easily fixed, if one goes into the game's "BGM" folder, and swaps the names of "BGM01.SE" and "BGM02.SE" around. In fact, the game uses regular wave audio files (renamed with a ".SE" extension), so, any music that the player wants to hear can be placed anywhere throughout the game, as long as it's in .wav format, by simply renaming any desired wav files with the appropriate BGMXX.SE title and placing it in the BGM folder, making sure to back up the original files. Mega Man X5 on the PC works in the same manner.

Cacpom pls.

FauX

Oh my, so much violence to the new guy, come on guys we're master race, let's just get along with everyone :)

On topic.... The other day I posted a good foil that Idlemaster left on my inventory:
OMGthatprice.png

Today, I sold it out!
Sellerr.jpeg

Thanks again, Mr. Jshackles, you rock mah world.
BTW, should I save the moneyz for holiday's sales or burn it now?

Jawmuncher

So apparently, other than Breath of Fire 4, there was a PC ver. of Megaman X4 AND X5 too

Cacpom pls.

They've been working hard on bringing all of these old titles to digital services.
Besides steam of course. At least were getting everything else. Except for Dragons Dogma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom