• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

Some browsers like Chrome can default to opening PDFs. Adobe Reader is standalone but over the years it's become bloated and slow as shit. If your on a Mac Apple's built in Preview is much better but for anyone on Windows who can live without PDF thumbnails, ditch Adobe Reader and go grab Sumatra. As someone who opens a stupendous amount of PDF and EPS documents in a day nothing has come close to rendering as fast as this does.

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

Thanks! I like this program a lot better; it's easily ten times faster than Chrome-Adobe, wow.

Toshin

Man, so much going on, humble gets the new games added, STFU hype, dr3 coming out in a week or so, KOF13(which is a hidden gem imo) giveaways...I can't leave the thread alone for a day to catch up

derExperte

Sumatra is great and lightweight.

Adobe Reader is too in my experience, opens the largest PDFs instantly. You could use it to benchmark PCs a few years ago by counting the startup time but nowadays I don't bother with alternatives anymore.

Adobe Reader is anything but lightweight =p
What's the download these days? 50 megs? 100?

Checked and it's 73,4MB. Nothing to complain about imo, the latest NV graphics drivers were almost 300MB.

Turfster

Adobe Reader is too in my experience, opens the largest PDFs instantly. You could use it to benchmark PCs a few years ago by counting the startup time but nowadays I don't bother with alternatives anymore.

Adobe Reader is anything but lightweight =p
What's the download these days? 50 megs? 100?

I guess this was already posted, but if you scroll to the bottom of your Library page on HumbleBundle.com, they now show you a list of all the unredeemed keys you've bought. For bundles since the change to Steam account linking, this is correct, for older bundles it simply means you didn't click the Redeem button to view your code.

Not always.

I guess this was already posted, but if you scroll to the bottom of your Library page on HumbleBundle.com, they now show you a list of all the unredeemed keys you've bought. For bundles since the change to Steam account linking, this is correct, for older bundles it simply means you didn't click the Redeem button to view your code.

user237

I have a couple of games showing as unclaimed on humble that I'm certain I redeemed. Not looking for a fix, but just posting as a heads up.

image.php

ANTD? What is that?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dead Space DLC? Why now? :3
TOO MANY AMBIGUOUS ACRONYMS.

Yeah, for a second I thought there was some new DLC for Dungeon Siege 2. ;)

This is kinda getting out of hand

So many KOF XIII giveaways. Is that the new Divinity?

And just saw the trailer for Hearts of Iron IV! Guess another steam exclusive from Paradox.

Articalys

The worst acronym confusion for me was constantly mixing up people talking about Gears of War with people talking about God of War, especially once both of them hit their third installments.

Mokoi

Banned
Game looked fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Time Force Ultra Plus Soundtrack -- MB-79B4C34CB438E560 - Taken by LiquidMetal14. 56 entrants total.

t1409105718z1.png

Annubis

It is.
People have been having trouble with the achievements and the game not remembering choices, tho.

Given I'm starting from chapter 1, that should give enough time to patch stuff.

BTW 60% off is craaaaaaaaaazy. I don't think the winter sell will even top that.

It is.
People have been having trouble with the achievements and the game not remembering choices, tho.
That reminds me how I forgot to get 400 Days for 1 buck from GamersGate.
I plan on playing Season 1. Are there any bugs with that left? I mean, the game is not that new, so bugs should be patched out, right?

Turfster

That reminds me how I forgot to get 400 Days for 1 buck from GamersGate.
I plan on playing Season 1. Are there any bugs with that left? I mean, the game is not that new, so bugs should be patched out, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. snort.
Sorry. Pretty sure the standard Telltale savegame bugs are still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom