• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

It's there any Lethal League buzz?

Looks interesting, but I fear the community will vanish pretty quickly like Divekick did (correct me if wrong).

I bought Divekick for local multiplayer. I'll do the same for Lethal Legue. These types of games are more fun played within the physical company of others.

Finally back from the holydays. Here's a giveaway!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Snakethesniper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilization 2 -- MB-8D6D3E62FAC74A44 - Taken by FauX. 3 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-E0F95CFD3619D1D8 - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.

t1409252483z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of weemadarthur, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (weemadarthur, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 bundle thingy -- MB-0D86EA205875402D - Taken by Ozium. 16 entrants total.

t1409245281z1.png

Miker

Steam's new circle icon is so much better on my retina MBP than on my PC. I guess that's a sign I should move to 1440p some time.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Seems that ACU got delayed two weeks with November 11th being the new date. I can't complain, it means more Mordor and NBA for me

Things aren't looking good for FC4 though. I doubt that it will launch that close to Unity

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Nooooooooooo ACU got delayed noooooooo ._. Its only 2 weeks but still.

Seems that ACU got delayed two weeks with November 11th being the new date. I can't complain, it means more Mordor and NBA for me

Things aren't looking good for FC4 though. I doubt that it will launch that close to Unity

also - keep in mind they'll also delay the PC version even further ;)

tav7623

I wonder how many people register on GAF with the sole intention to lurk and grab games from the Steam thread

I have no idea.....probably a sizable amount for sure, all I know is that the reason I registered on Gaf was because I read some interesting threads (one of them was about Castlevania games, which is one of my favorite game series) and wanted to join in on the discussion.

Shadownet

Banned
Not sure if it's US only or if it's been posted yet, but Gamestop seems like they're having a pretty good sale on some PC downloads on several platforms:

Link here

Some examples are Tomb Raider for $5, Rocksmith 2014 for $15, Lost Planet 3 for $12.50, and many more. Watch out though, some of this is uPlay, and all(?) of it requires the Gamestop App to get your keys.

I might jump on Guardian of Light for $3. Great price.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Indeed. I still haven't played it yet but would love to have a GAF night for it at some point
after I'm done moving

Tizoc

FYI it's been as cheap as $2 during Steam sales, and a few traders offer it for 1 TF2 Key.

Speaking of keys, Sub Zero I'll contact you on Steam by Late Friday or Saturday (got my payslip at last, time for RUSSIA!)

vg260

I bought Divekick for local multiplayer. I'll do the same for Lethal Legue. These types of games are more fun played within the physical company of others.

Lethal League is great! Played online for way too long last night.

It seems to be a little less minimalistic than Divekick, so the online might stick around longer. I haven't tried it yet, though!

Cool. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. Sadly, I have to rely solely on online play for multiplayer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ACU is supposed to come out in November? That seems a little soon! Wasn't it announced at E3?

It was announced back in March. AssCreed has been a yearly franchise since 2009 (mainline titles only):

2009 = AssCreed 2
2010 = Brotherhood
2011 = Revelations
2012 = 3
2013 = 4
2014 = Unity

Then of course there are the red-headed stepchilds that are Liberation/Liberation HD and Rogue. And the various mobile/handheld titles.

Teeth

Did you solo the optional trio in DLC 1? I'm getting worked by them. I can dodge for a good while, but I'm just not doing enough damage to them to keep it up. I brought some NPCs on another try, but their use pretty much ends at temporary aggro magnet. I'm not sure if I know where to summon sunbros, because I'm pretty sure you can't once you go into the cave.

One thing about Vendrick is that he has no easy workaround. Some people said Soul Appease did good damage, but it's just not true, especially considering the slight delay after casting that can get you killed. Getting in close, circling him, taking only the safest hits you can get off, keeping a reservoir of stamina for at least two long rolls was the only way I managed.

also, I've yet to beat vendrick in dark souls 2 because I'm a scrub. I get him down to like 15% health and then I choke. The pressure is palpable and then I crack. I'm not buying dlc 2 until I beat this SOB. I've got a personal vendetta now.

Vendrick can be beaten easily (as long as you have at least 3 giant souls) by staying behind his LEFT leg, and doing a single attack after he swings. Unlike most bosses, the last 15% of his large right to left sword swing has no collision, so he can't hit you on his back left side. Keep your shield up in case you're positioned wrong, but for the most part, he can't really hit you.

As for the gank squad in the DLC...i've beaten them solo melee, but i have no tips. That was a grueling fight that i cheesed as much as possible. Also, I took out the archer, then the dual swordsman, then Havel.

Arthea

Army Combat Uniform
Its really asscreed as was said earlier

Actually when I see AC, first thing that comes to mind is Ace Combat, every single time, except when it is Asheron's Call, what does happen once in the blue moon.
So AssCreed or Ace Combat, your choice

Mono

Well, they just ended the "50 best games ever", and it was plenty of 2K titles, including all Bioshock games.
Also since the 2K bundle, I think is useless doing a 30€ sale for Bioshock games now.

30€?? Goodness, GMG.

It was announced back in March. AssCreed has been a yearly franchise since 2009 (mainline titles only):

2009 = AssCreed 2
2010 = Brotherhood
2011 = Revelations
2012 = 3
2013 = 4
2014 = Unity

Then of course there's the red-headed stepchilds that are Liberation/Liberation HD and Rogue. And the various mobile/handheld titles.

I have no idea how I never noticed that before, wow. Hopefully the quality doesn't decrease if they're too focused on getting a new game out every year. AC4 was an improvment over AC3, though!

Asgaro

This is #4thegamers_who_like_to_install_all_their_games_for_no_particular_reason.

Steam-Beta-Update-Multiple-Installations-At-Once.jpg

Steam Beta: Install multiple games at the same time

Normally you’d have to start each download manually, but now you can select as many games in your library as you like, then right-click and select “install.” That will open an “install—multiple games” window. Nice!

http://steamunpowered.eu/steam-beta-install-multiple-games-at-the-same-time/

Permaban me from all giveaways if old!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
After posting it, I reported the bug to Valve. So, uh, I would guess that I caused this to happen. Who da man?

Damn that's impressive. Usually when I report things that are broken (like images set to pull from the wrong location, or extra slashes in some URLs, or the size of the achievement icon on the store pages) I have been ignored 100% of the time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@adultswimgames
Guys this is not a HUMBLE brag, but we will very soon have a BUNDLE of things to share with you. Watch this space! #hinthint

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Damn that's impressive. Usually when I report things that are broken (like images set to pull from the wrong location, or extra slashes in some URLs, or the size of the achievement icon on the store pages) I have been ignored 100% of the time.

Gaben just has a personal grudge against you ... there's no other explanation ;)

I try again.
Anyone could gift me Black Flag from Gamespot.com?

Seems they dont accept paypal from foreign countries as well as foreign credit cards. Would PP the money to the gifter, of course.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I suddenly felt the urge to play some Dark Souls II. Got stuck in NG++ a couple of months ago, at the Duke's Dear Freja. Shockingly enough, I beat her on my first try this time. Same goes for the Last Giant and Pursuer... I should let my "skills" get rusty more often!

And yes, I know. I'm playing in the "wrong" order. Freja and Rotten down, almost at the Lost Sinner. Those three last achievements are bugging me, I want them all! :p

I've got invaded more times in the last hour then in my whole first playthrough, very strange. Community seems to be quite active. There was this one guy with some weird, invicible smoke roll, though. Does that come in the DLC or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom