• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Of course those deals are only for US people. We EU guys got all the worst thing, including a highest price on everything :S

If you mean the Amazon.com bundles mentioned in the last couple of pages, it says they're available to US only addresses, yes, but it doesn't specify that you have to actually be an US citizen... :D

Standard course of action is to add an US address to your account, preferably from a tax free state (or whatevs).
Google address in Mountain View works fine.
Then IIRC you have to set it as 1-Click ordering or something, and that's it.
The only downside is that when you're buying something real from Amazon you have to remember to NOT have them deliver it to Google. :D

Also, be sure to check if the games you want to buy are actually region free.

@adultswimgames
Guys this is not a HUMBLE brag, but we will very soon have a BUNDLE of things to share with you. Watch this space! #hinthint

According to Steam they have those Games:

Super House of Dead Ninjas
Soundodger+
Volgarr the Viking
Mega Coin Squad
Jazzpunk
Super Comboman
Fist Puncher
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

Shadownet

Banned

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is #4thegamers_who_like_to_install_all_their_games_for_no_particular_reason.

Steam-Beta-Update-Multiple-Installations-At-Once.jpg

http://steamunpowered.eu/steam-beta-install-multiple-games-at-the-same-time/

Permaban me from all giveaways if old!

I wish I had Painkiller Gold. I've been meaning to ask Nordic about it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Damn that's impressive. Usually when I report things that are broken (like images set to pull from the wrong location, or extra slashes in some URLs, or the size of the achievement icon on the store pages) I have been ignored 100% of the time.

Oh, don't worry. I got ignored. I got the 5 second auto response ("Sounds like you're trying to change your password. Here's a bunch of shit you already tried.") and then they locked my ticket without responding. But they made the change, so that's good.

Incidentally, I reopened the ticket to say thank you. I like to think that the minor inconvenience that needing to follow up on the ticket causes them will be a punishment for not being polite and replying that they received my bug report and were working on.

iosefe

@adultswimgames
Guys this is not a HUMBLE brag, but we will very soon have a BUNDLE of things to share with you. Watch this space! #hinthint

how many games do they have again? other than Volgarr

also completely unrelated...whats the vita file size for Velocity ultra?

Khronico

I just want to take this moment and say everyone who likes story driven, choice based RPGs should grab Alpha Protocol on the amazon sale. If you are prepared to look past graphical and technical flaws, it is one of the greatest RPGs in the past 5 years.

Teeth

I suddenly felt the urge to play some Dark Souls II. Got stuck in NG++ a couple of months ago, at the Duke's Dear Freja. Shockingly enough, I beat her on my first try this time. Same goes for the Last Giant and Pursuer... I should let my "skills" get rusty more often!

And yes, I know. I'm playing in the "wrong" order. Freja and Rotten down, almost at the Lost Sinner. Those three last achievements are bugging me, I want them all! :p

I've got invaded more times in the last hour then in my whole first playthrough, very strange. Community seems to be quite active. There was this one guy with some weird, invicible smoke roll, though. Does that come in the DLC or something?

Yes, there is a ring in the newest DLC that makes you invisible/smokey when you roll. Doesn't seem to actually add any extra i-frames though.

I've also been invaded 3 times in the last 2 days of play, after never being invaded once in my first 100 hours. Makes me wonder if the new DLC adds a way to continuously invade somehow (like the non-cracked Red Eye Orb in DS1). I haven't made it all the way through yet to find out.

It's damn good, by the way. The new DLC has some really nice, complex level design.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, don't worry. I got ignored. I got the 5 second auto response ("Sounds like you're trying to change your password. Here's a bunch of shit you already tried.") and then they locked my ticket without responding. But they made the change, so that's good.

Incidentally, I reopened the ticket to say thank you. I like to think that the minor inconvenience that needing to follow up on the ticket causes them will be a punishment for not being polite and replying that they received my bug report and were working on.

Walter's going to be so stressed out he'll have to hit the in-office company gym after work. ;)

redlacs

oldie but goodie

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

anachronox -- MB-789653A7880E140D - Taken by Nairume. 1 entrants total.

t1409244143z1.png

Copons

I know this trick, but I really don't want do that, there could be problems because you are listing a fake address.

Yeah, I resisted doing that for years, until I decided to try it for a cheap purchase.

It was a Genesis/Mega Drive collection: there were two versions and only one provided Steam keys, while the other just downloads.
Of course I bought the wrong one.
Even though TOS of digital purchases on Amazon explicitly says that they are non refundable, I actually opened a support chat with Amazon.com explaining my error, and in a matter of hours they removed the wrong order from my account and added the correct one, with no real questions asked.

And look: I've always lived in Italy, I didn't use a VPN of any kind and that was the first (and back then only) time I used the Google address, which I added to my account like 2 minutes before making that purchase.

So yeah, there could be problems, but I really can't imagine what kind of clusterfuck you need to do to trigger them. :D

Mono

I'm still waiting an answer to my ticket, as usually two rewards didn't unlock.
One week passed.

I had a few rewards that didn't unlock and it took them 2 months to respond with a copy-paste answer that they fixed it. They hadn't done anything, so I had to keep the ticket open for another month for them to actually fix it. GMG's support is awful!

Frologic

I played a bit of F.E.A.R. yesterday and gosh, that game is really good looking for its age.
Color me impressed.

So many particle effects. Fear 2 doesn't even come close to the amount of shit that gets thrown around in a gun fight. Not sure about 3 but it was so disappointing how little effects there were in 2

Arthea

Soundodger+
Volgarr the Viking
Mega Coin Squad
Jazzpunk
Super Comboman
Fist Puncher

I don't have several games from this list, but it's highly unlikely that they all will be in a bundle, still, it could be a nice bundle

maty

Soundodger+
Volgarr the Viking
Mega Coin Squad
Jazzpunk
Super Comboman
Fist Puncher

Only have Super House of Dead Ninjas.

The bundle could be great unless they put all the games I want in tier 3 :/

Soundodger+
Volgarr the Viking
Mega Coin Squad
Jazzpunk
Super Comboman
Fist Puncher
I already have Super House of the Dead Ninjas and Volgarr (BOTH AMAZING!). I would love for Jazzpunk to be in the lowest tier. Wishful thinking?

The_Monk

Hello my good GAFfers, hope everyone is fine. I wonder if I miss any news these past days.

Managed to finish The Walking Dead S2 yesterday so I will leave some small impressions in here later on for those that might be interested or plan to get it soon. :)

iosefe

Hello my good GAFfers, hope everyone is fine. I wonder if I miss any news these past days.

Managed to finish The Walking Dead S2 yesterday so I will leave some small impressions in here later on for those that might be interested or plan to get it soon. :)

nothing at all

kevin1025

Banned

Looking forward to it, even though I finished as well. I made such weird choices at the end (I think...it felt right at the time!).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You're playing Simon's Quest?

He means Lords of Shadow 2.

Oh right, I saw the purchase information and just assumed it was for the gold version. That's really strange.

Yeah, when I contact Nordic I might use the inconsistency to argue that the Gold Edition should be added to the Black Edition sub, but as always I'll first stress that I'll be happy to buy a retail copy -- or even just another copy of the Black Edition from another digital store -- if it would mean getting a key.

Arthea

Anybody else has The Mixer 8 Bundle not appearing in your collection after purchase?

Glad to see my theoretical Adult Swim bundle could come to fruition. Now I want my imagined Humble Local Multiplayer Bundle.

only after we'll get my imagined Capcpom bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom