• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

it's unbecoming for you to be so cynical Copons, not to mention you are appropriating my avocation!

But I think that selling your company to EA and then act disappointed when they tear it apart is the videogame industry version of being all surprised when your first heroin shot leads you to a drug addiction. Yeah well, I can feel sorry for you, but it's not like you didn't know it before. :D

Arthea

But I think that selling your company to EA and then act disappointed when they tear it apart is the videogame industry version of being all surprised when your first heroin shot leads you to a drug addiction. Yeah well, I can feel sorry for you, but it's not like you didn't know it before. :D

At this point do you really believe that anybody willingly would sell out for EA? That's preposterous theory. What you back it on? just curious

tell me more, I need to document this for future generations

I crafted a badge and got a coupon which I wasn't going to use. Noticed he didn't have the game so I offered it to him. Then he did some Australian stuff and now I'm trade banned for a week.

True story

:(

I'm not there yet. I recently thought of a great plan, though: make a film for WB and agree to take a salary cut for a WB Games sub key. Terminator and Wanted, here I come!
<3
Hah, you should make a pseudo-psycho-thriller-mini-movie about a fanatic, stalking his favorite Irish actress alà Plinkett. I'd watch it ;)
But seriously, I'd like to see some of your works. No need to by shy. I am not expecting high-quality sundance-worthy stuff, you know.
If it did, the bundles wouldn't exist. ;)
That makes sense but how in the world are they expecting any sales for several year old titles at that humongous figure?
I think their strategy is the opposite, "never devalue such a successful franchise". It's going to bite them in the ass now that CoD is waning heavily, though. If they want to keep squeezing money out of that franchise, they're gonna have to adapt.
I don't know. Despite all the critic Activision does a good job at getting people excited year after year. CoD doesn't seem to loose appeal tbh. I'd like my cheap BO2 sooner than +10 years once Activision merges with GungHo ;)
--
Nice giveaway!
Dead Rising 3 is not avaible in germany. Would that game even work when I get it from someone else?
Are you sure? Didn't capcom reverse their censoring-flag? There was some major happiness among the German zombie-killing community.
--
Thanks Ningen. I really should hang more with Anime-Gaf. I haven't watched anything since well over two years :O
I don't even know where to begin!?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I crafted a badge and got a coupon which I wasn't going to use. Noticed he didn't have the game so I offered it to him. Then he did some Australian stuff and now I'm trade banned for a week.

True story

You did it wrong! Somehow.

I am not expecting high-quality sundance-worthy stuff, you know.

Well, too bad! ;)

Nice giveaway!
Dead Rising 3 is not avaible in germany. Would that game even work when I get it from someone else?

Yes. It was region-locked for Germany for a time, weeks after the game became available, but common sense ultimately prevailed.

Arthea

True story

seriously? how you even get trade banned for a coupon trade?

totally OT
I wish we got FF0 HD on steam...

JaseC

seriously? how you even get trade banned for a coupon trade?

He was getting the "You are unable to trade with [username]" error, so I suggested deleting the SSFN files in the root of the Steam folder and restarting the client as this has always worked for me (and others -- I've mentioned it here and there before). Doing so trips up Steam Guard, but doesn't impose a trading cooldown... unless you're spindoctor, apparently. After he told me what happened I jumped on my laptop and repeated the process; no trade restriction followed, so I've no idea why he got slapped with one.

These Call of Duty deals are pretty garbage. I would have totally picked up Black Ops and Black Ops 2 if they were ~£10 each but £15 and £20? Fuck that. Especially since you'd have to buy the DLC as well. So lame.

Arthea

He was getting the "You are unable to trade with [username]" error, so I suggested deleting the SSFN files in the root of the Steam folder and restarting the client as this has always worked for me (and others -- I've mentioned it here and there before). Doing so trips up Steam Guard, but doesn't impose a trading cooldown... unless you're spindoctor, apparently. After he told me what happened I jumped on my laptop and repeated the process; no trade restriction followed, so I've no idea why he got slapped with one.

Ask the kangaroo :p

you both could just waited and tried later (><)
I get constant errors of trades that are completed and finished lately on steam, I just ignore error messages now.

Aw man. You know what sucks? WD 400 Days is 1,24€ in DE while only 32 rubel in RU (that's 0,66€ ; half the price!) But liezryou is from US so the paypal fees alone would make it more expensive than DE version. What a bind.

Knurek

Quick, Valve, announce New Steam and New Steam LL!
With better battery time, second stick and improved browser.
Seriously, trust me on this.

Salsa on deathwatch?

JaseC

you both could just waited and tried later (><)
I get constant errors of trades that are completed and finished lately on steam, I just ignore error messages now.

Well, he wanted to do a direct trade, but since he was getting the aforementioned error I figured guiding him through the process to fix it would be beneficial for the future.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. :p

Quick, Valve, announce New Steam and New Steam LL!
With better battery time, second stick and improved browser.
Seriously, trust me on this.

I think that stuff is just Nintendo testing the waters with a smart-phone type model of releases. It would make sense as a direction for portables to maybe come out a little bit cheaper but have a new release every 2 years. Pretty lame for me though since I already own 2 Limited Edition 3DS' and I don't want to get rid of them but I might end up needing this new one for certain games :( Thankfully not too interested in the Xenoblade port but we'll see.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Aw man. You know what sucks? WD 400 Days is 1,24€ in DE while only 32 rubel in RU (that's 0,66€ ; half the price!) But liezryou is from US so the paypal fees alone would make it more expensive than DE version. What a bind.

I need you on steam

Arthea

I think that stuff is just Nintendo testing the waters with a smart-phone type model of releases. It would make sense as a direction for portables to maybe come out a little bit cheaper but have a new release every 2 years. Pretty lame for me though since I already own 2 Limited Edition 3DS' and I don't want to get rid of them but I might end up needing this new one for certain games :( Thankfully not too interested in the Xenoblade port but we'll see.

I don't see any benefit of playing such a long and huge game on hanheld, like none. Then again, not that I see any benefit in new 3DS.

Well, he wanted to do a direct trade, but since he was getting the aforementioned error I figured guiding him through the process to fix it would be beneficial for the future.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. :p

of course you would, to get someone trade banned for trading a coupon, which isn't even marketable! pretty awesome stuff (><)

Deques

Best trade I have done, ever

Qsu2zwG.png

Yeah, I was bored

Dr Dogg

So I'm killing time waiting for lunch and I'm deliberating if there's anything part of the Microsoft sale that I might want. LocoCycle comes to mind as it's got those whacky FMV's and I quite like what Twisted Pixel have put out. But I've heard some less than favourably things about the game so I thought I'd have a look-see at the reviews and low and behold what crops up as one of the most recommended ones...

Must have missed Stump posting about it in here but it sounds alright from his and a few others impressions (I'm not expecting much from the game lets be honest).

Arthea

So I'm killing time waiting for lunch and I'm deliberating if there's anything part of the Microsoft sale that I might want. LocoCycle comes to mind as it's got those whacky FMV's and I quite like what Twisted Pixel have put out. But I've heard some less than favourably things about the game so I thought I'd have a looks see as the reviews and low and behold what crops up as one of the most recommended ones...

Must have missed Stump posting about it in here but it sounds alright from his and a few others impressions (I'm not expecting much from the game lets be honest).

ya, he posted awesome huge review on it a while back, and I bought it based on that review alone, some time ago too, still haven't played it yet (I feel like I'm repeating last statement way too often lately for my comfort)

Why am I not getting all those scam attempts?
Am I so ugly, even Russian teenagers don't find me attractive?

more like really intimidating!
have you seen your avatar lately? It screams: you'll die horrible and painful death (><)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't think I've ever been contacted by scammers. The only time I've done some trades was for the Sam & Max TF2 items, I sold the Max Head for $100 and told the guy to send the money over by Paypal first. It's probably because I don't have a lot of high-cost items in my inventory though.

Kyougar

Only now saw the Microsoft Sale. Does it have a daily Special deal like the last Publisher sales? i.e. will Rise of Nations get more then 50% discount?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Garabge man delivered before.

via taco543
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Containment: The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-3709977DD10349F0 - Taken by Deques

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
After not getting any steam scammer attempts ever, I have gotten more than five in the last week. Three or more today all from accounts with Heath Ledger joker avatars.

I'm actually kinda assuming it's because I put my account on the NeoGAF google docs list. I'm not sure where else they'd be getting my account info from, though I suppose I am in a lot of trading groups. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom