• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got added by a person with private profile the day I'm leaving the US, I asked the person "do I know you", then went offline. When I got off at Tokyo, I found out that person has already unfriended me.

Lost in Translation 2.

Echoplx

Any chance that these hackers got the GAF id list and unleashed a wave of phishing bots on us? Seems that a lot of people from here that are not even trading are spammed by them. I get 5-6 phishing bot invites a day and I haven't posted on outpost or streamtrades for months

Is your inventory private or public? I only ever get scammers when my inventory is set to public.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why am I not getting all those scam attempts?
Am I so ugly, even Russian teenagers don't find me attractive?
Me neither, my friend. Me neither...

If you want, we could fake a scam between each other, just so we can know how it feels.

Dr Dogg

Lol, Metro 2033 Redux gets card right after I spend my card money to buy State of Decay. It didn't have 'em yesterday. :'(

Last Light Redux was dropping them yesterday but I didn't see anything for 2033 Redux. Oh well more money in the wallet.

Hmmm, I might get all the Zork modern games.

Nemesis is very good from what I recall. Speaking of GOG Hogs of War recently got added which is kind of like a 3D version of Worms but with pigs and is narrated/commentated by Rik Mayall.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is your inventory private or public? I only ever get scammers when my inventory is set to public.

Public. But still it, I find it pretty weird that I am getting so many scam invites as I only have a couple of inactive trades on outpost from months ago.

All of Activision deals have been 75% off previously.
And no, these are not getting removed soon. Only Nordic and Frictional are leaving Steam.

Thanks for the tip.

Nemesis is very good from what I recall. Speaking of GOG Hogs of War recently got added which is kind of like a 3D version of Worms but with pigs and is narrated/commentated by Rik Mayall.

Yeah, Nemesis is great, I have it retail from back when it was released, haven't played the other two.

Enco

Sooo TWD2 is broken.

Changed resolution to 2560x1600 and now I can't move the mouse to the bottom part of the screen.

Meaning I can't change the resolution back.

edit: I'll play with a controller I guess

Around this time next month, I should be able to give you guys a heads up on how Shadow of Mordor runs on a lowly 2500k and 560ti, far under their recommended specs of an i13-8900kzr and 22 square feet of nothing but SLI'ed graphic cards.

Deques

Age of Mythology: ROW and RU/CIS-specific subs, however while the ROW four-pack and four-pack gift subs are region-locked, single ROW copies are not, so they can be bought on the cheap through traders who use the cross-region purchasing trick.

Rise of Nations: Universal subs, but as with AoM only the four-pack and four-pack gift subs are region-locked.

Thanks, now to decide whether I want to buy them now or wait for 75%

Newblade

Excellent fast-paced take on roguelikes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Newblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super House of Dead Ninjas True Ninja DLC -- MB-A362201800411CFD - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-50B9B379AFBFE327 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 3 entrants total.

t1409319146z1.png

Divius

Steamgift. I think I did this right. Bought a copy for a friend who already had it.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Divius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-9E2AFCF3E1B789DC - Taken by SSPssp. 7 entrants total.

t1409329406z1.png

zukastyle

Neo Member
Nice Thread BTW!

That's how my first post should go right? Anyway after being a long time lurker I thought I should join the community and I figured within the past day or so I can do better than that.

i like this game so i hope that the person who wins this can enjoy it too :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for salazar547:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-B3E03AE3F0611328 - Taken by topyy. 35 entrants total.

t1409329405z1.png
nice game btw

wetflame

Pizza Dog
don't forget nonexistant gameplay outside of mashing a button pretty much

I don't get why TellTale games get this sort of criticism, what kind of gameplay are you expecting other than exploring areas, talking to people and occasional use of items? It's not an RPG or action game, it's a point & click style game.

iosefe

Nice Thread BTW!

That's how my first post should go right? Anyway after being a long time lurker I thought I should join the community and I figured within the past day or so I can do better than that.
The main point of the post has to be the title, and "nice thread BTW" the only text in the body.

Welcome

Copons

Well after being demoted to under-500-games when Valve removed all f2p +1s, I got back to 497 and in the end decided to fill the remaining gap with the Adult Swim bundle cheapest tier.
And I made sure that my 500 game was Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, just because yesterday derExperte was all omfg it's the best game ever everyone buy it or something.

So if it sucks instead, I'm gonna be SO pissed off with not only him but his entire nation, to the point I'll start calling all German people I know (and the thousands of people who emigrated from Rome to Berlin) with the immortal words Mr. Berlusconi stated about their chancellor: "unfuckable lardass".

Sarcasm

Can't access my HB account due to it deciding not to send the SMS token anymore to my phone and its been over 10 hours since I contacted support via their system and on twitter.

I think it is my phone but how can I troubleshoot that? I got SMS messages today from a bunch of people.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Can't access my HB account due to it deciding not to send the SMS token anymore to my phone and its been over 10 hours since I contacted support via their system and on twitter.

I think it is my phone but how can I troubleshoot that? I got SMS messages today from a bunch of people.

Have you receieved one before? I remember someone saying it's the same code each time, but I could be wrong.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jamestown Deluxe -- MB-2B98978372082FD8 - Taken by creamsugar. 3 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-AB3066FAC506933C - Taken by rostocker. 2 entrants total.

t1409320046z1.png

Something seems to have gone wrong with one of the three games I included, but I'll deal with it later because I've got to get going. Enjoy.

Copons

Seeing all these "nice thread btw" posts, I'm actually starting to fear what will happen during the next thread switch over.

Like, what if that new thread won't be as nice as this one?

Chariot

It should work, it doesn't have the "This game cannot be redeemed in Germany" tag like wolfenstein did.

Are you sure? Didn't capcom reverse their censoring-flag? There was some major happiness among the German zombie-killing community.

Yes. It was region-locked for Germany for a time, weeks after the game became available, but common sense ultimately prevailed.
Nice! I didn't know that. Thanks for the replies!
Seeing all these "nice thread btw" posts, I'm actually starting to fear what will happen during the next thread switch over.

Like, what if that new thread won't be as nice as this one?
Must... resist ... avatarquote...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom