• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Alavard

Finished up the BBL route and epilogue in Hatoful Boyfriend. It didn't approach 999/VLR levels for me, but that was a really cool VN, and it surprised me several times.

Now I really have no idea what to play. Might just start up a new game of Civ V or Beyond Earth.

derExperte

Should I sell my 15 sacks of gems now?

Price is slowly rising towards 1€ again while supply is going down, less than 18000 sacks left from almost 30000 earlier. Which could mean a noticeably higher price soon. Or it'll collapse as soon as the auctions are over. So what I'm saying is, I have no idea.

MUnited83

For you.
If anyone's curious, my three favorite underlooked horror games of the year would have to be Silence of the Sleep, DreadOut, & Claire. Worth checking out, either in auctions or the upcoming sales. I can explain more if anyone wants to know more or my full opinion on the titles.

I also wholly recommend Silence of the Sleep. One of the biggest surprises of the year to me.

It's currently at 2400 gems and that's a very,very good price for the experience it is.

I have a review of it on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bernardoone/recommended/321870

Kiru

Price is rising towards 1€ while supply is going down, less than 18000 sacks left from almost 30000. Which could mean a higher noticeably higher price soon. Or it'll collapse as soon as the auctions are over. So what I'm saying is, I have no idea.
lol

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone likes games that are fairly easy to get 100% achievements on, Northmark: Hour of the Wolf just took me around 4 hours to beat and getting all the achievements only took paying attention along the way. Was fairly fun too, if you like pseudo-deckbuilding games. I'd imagine a bunch of you already picked it up in the IndieGala Monday bundle that is running right now. Yes, I actually played and beat a game I got in a bundle in the same week I bought it! Shocking.

Thanks for the heads up. Are there any broken characters/initial builds that I should avoid?

If anyone's curious, my three favorite underlooked horror games of the year would have to be Silence of the Sleep, DreadOut, & Claire. Worth checking out, either in auctions or the upcoming sales. I can explain more if anyone wants to know more or my full opinion on the titles.

I would actually be interested in your opinions about the titles if it wouldn't be a bother. The only one I remember you discussing was DreadOut, but I think that was concerning the brief prologue chapter not the actual first installment.

Edit: I just saw, and read, that BernardoOne wrote a review discussing his positive experience with Silence of the sleep.

The only reason characters are white is because "western = cool", but the writers never figured out how to write people of western cultures.

Wait a minute. Are you saying there is more to it than making them blond and mispronounce a English phrase now and then?

Lomax

Price is slowly rising towards 1€ again while supply is going down, less than 18000 sacks left from almost 30000 earlier. Which could mean a noticeably higher price soon. Or it'll collapse as soon as the auctions are over. So what I'm saying is, I have no idea.

I think it's a guarantee they will collapse as soon as the auction ends, unless somehow the holiday sale uses them, which honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't see boosters supporting gem prices much above 50-60 cents per bag.

Thanks for the heads up. Are there any broken characters/initial builds that I should avoid?

If you pick the female avatar, you'll still be referred to with male pronouns for most of the story. The game isn't very hard once you figure out the way things work, but I enjoyed it for what it was. If for some reason you want more of a challenge, just choose two character cards instead of three for fights when things start getting too easy.

Blu(e)

About to be over. Last repost.
Notes:
1. I'm not sure if Stealth Bastard Deluxe code works.
2 If you win Guardian of Middle Earth I have "Smaug's Treasure" DLC if you'd like it.
3. If you win Awsomenauts I have the "Cluck" DLC if you'd like it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 67 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead -- MB-57C72049795AA2BE - Taken by Gallantioh. 19 entrants total.
Capsized -- MB-7C902D25435235A2 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-2E84684E7D6B360B - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-2DE14A6E4F702BBF - Taken by sapsari. 3 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-348A83EDCC32AADC - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-BF040D2545D46EDE
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-FB9512648E5964DB - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-2A94A015C3ED2652

Eufloria -- MB-0DEE045223DF99CC - Taken by KageZero. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-A08DBFB065661CC4
Bastion -- MB-3CC7C1D972DD900B - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-A608F93D5B8409DB - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-5E3E8A41047BC612
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-6197BADB61E4183A
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-3E39ADE8269467FC - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-9E57B6A5EC9981F1 - Taken by EdmondD. 5 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-F9A61A16DC82D7EE - Taken by Eternal Gamer. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-1E6038613C343797
Botanicula -- MB-456791EEBB11A21D - Taken by ashecitism. 2 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-A6842DC407AF7322 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-22112220FD16CD08 - Taken by Anustart. 2 entrants total.
Breach & Clear -- MB-894D7F5229CB39D5 - Taken by tjohn86. 6 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-6052EA8DBDA2065D - Taken by Abhor. 2 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-40D6E5D338F4A010 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-B5E930FFBF132FE0 - Taken by okiemok. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-F5B719A52E3CE120
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-81CF6BA26FCC1745 - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-378D908D74A36559 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-D2E82AB5A0876A32 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 #2 -- MB-B0B479B3C2D1B091 - Taken by billmcdougal. 1 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-F8A449AEE0027766 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-4EE651D865C31AE4 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-04B5E06E73CF80B4 - Taken by arts&crafts. 2 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-F3FEB82078CACC28
Fractal -- MB-410B062940F8262D
Solar 2 -- MB-CA1A56A8660D3496
Waking Mars -- MB-5C5580687E16D972
Rochard -- MB-7CABEE7C1BE56192 - Taken by XShagrath. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky #2 -- MB-B3C0D6F8A87954C9
Jack Lumber -- MB-00C35C6D07F3E6E5
Little Inferno -- MB-14684C88BDF7EA53
Cogs -- MB-81C6383545281ABD
Bad Hotel -- MB-720A460CD7D1D5E8 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-1FC65DC1E38625CD - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
Swords & Soldiers HD -- MB-2E35AE8F9B92440B - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-1C7F7C6B6F8FC957 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-7CBA542E21C760A4
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D84083CDDCC52C66 - Taken by Alastor. 1 entrants total.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-AE3556B4E9BE2E16 - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-7D347C21B8D93DE3 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-B2B6FAD224391E20 - Taken by roadrunn3r. 1 entrants total.
Machinarium -- MB-9AE40FB80A7CFEBE - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Hero Academy -- MB-3A9BE512B8765746 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-64CDBBF374C7F8C7
Fieldrunners 2 -- MB-D0056FAE92B071DC - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-859C0843CCF96C86
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-AA73183879CA6239 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-BD18FFAABBC0CCEA - Taken by AkuMifune. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-621DB780B006CA6F - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-3EDDC0A81A38B5D8 - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
Galcon Legends -- MB-831AE1BD41327E73 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-8569868A7BF72F7B - Taken by Adnor. 1 entrants total.
McPixel -- MB-AB7C8F35112C84FE - Taken by Leg-End. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-5A5D26B35C6B3759 - Taken by Axass. 1 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-263BD25DF70771E4 - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-B376B15CE0484FA5 - Taken by hepburn3d. 6 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-A3F23125DDFDB450 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1418869827z1.png

Devolver have confirmed, via twitter, The Talos Principle sale price for holiday sale.

@devolverdigital: Public Service Announcement: The Talos Principle will remain 10% off through the length of a hypothetical Steam Holiday Sale. No more/less.

derExperte

Something new I discovered, very convenient (no idea why it's in Russian):

I think it's a guarantee they will collapse as soon as the auction ends, unless somehow the holiday sale uses them, which honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't see boosters supporting gem prices much above 50-60 cents per bag.

That's why I'm keeping some.

Lomax

Devolver have confirmed, via twitter, The Talos Principle sale price for holiday sale.

This could result in a price mistake at the beginning of the sale depending on how they have it entered into the system which would result in a 20% off discount. So it might be worth watching for.

That's why I'm keeping some.

My concern is that gems will be used to craft holiday cards at that point, which will result in both crashing. But we shall see.

gabbo

This could result in a price mistake at the beginning of the sale depending on how they have it entered into the system which would result in a 20% off discount. So it might be worth watching for.

My concern is that gems will be used to craft holiday cards at that point, which will result in both crashing. But we shall see.

Haven't Valve stopped such events during the Christmas sale now? they've learned from past mistakes.

If someone needs the Zippy and Monte Holiday Cards they can have mine. I have no idea if they are tradeable (or how to trade something on Steam anyway...lol...so any help would be appreciated)

MUnited83

For you.
Haven't Valve stopped such events during the Christmas sale now? they've learned from past mistakes.

No, last winter sale had meta-game as well. And the auctions are pretty also a meta-game of their own which seems to be quite successful and stable. Obviously they can pull another meta-game without issues.

Anustart

Started that new game+ in Dark Souls, oddly enough the Arrived In Lordran achievement popped when I got there. Funny that I got Link the Fire achievement first. Wonder why that one didn't transfer to steam.

Lomax

Yes, most price mistakes don't seem to happen any more, but one that did happen last summer sale was A Wizard's Lizard got a double discount for a short period of time when the sale started, and we know that happened because their pre-existing launch discount stacked with the discount they put in for the summer sale (which was intended to just be the same). If by some chance Devolver has made the same mistake, we could see that sort of price mistake again. But the old 91% off price mistakes we used to get a couple of each sale haven't happened in quite a while now, not since prices started taking a while to roll over.

Edit: Oh, if you mean meta-games, there's been one relating to trading cards in some fashion ever since they were released last year, and we already have holiday cards this year which would indicate something similar.

Wasn't there also a really bad pricing mistake in the Fall sale that lasted a couple of minutes?

All of the major price mistakes this year have been currency issues or only available in certain regions, as far as I recall.

Annubis

Wasn't there also a really bad pricing mistake in the Fall sale that lasted a couple of minutes?

EDIT: or am I confusing with gamersgate?

All of the major price mistakes this year have been currency issues or only available in certain regions, as far as I recall.

Shakes fist at CAN$.
Why you not making mistake.

Tektonic

Apart from CS:GO, what game has the best gem potential from crafting a badge? I.E. CS:GO gives you 2 100 gem items when you craft, but I'm already level 5?

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom