• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

ezodagrom

Blue Reflection recieved another patch, is this unprecedented for KT?

6f02e14b00.jpg

1f22c9c1b1.jpg
Those patch notes are from the first patch (v1.01).
Today's patch (v1.02) was only to remove DLC files that were included by mistake or something like that.

Mifec

Also AC Origins Requirements were posted today too

Game also supports:
  • Ultra wide monitors
  • Multiple monitors
  • Has dynamic resolution option to keep stable framerate
  • Download size will be 45GB
  • Resolution multiplier slider
  • FoV slider
  • No SLI/Crossfire support day 1
  • No DX12
I hope it has Gameworks stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's Enhanced Steam bug. (game is shareable)

Not a bug, but a feature:

To add on to what BernardoOne said, unreleased games are excluded from Family Sharing and this includes those you have access to via a release state override. The restriction is automatically lifted when a game unlocks, either worldwide or just in a particular region.

Nilua

Do you think NISA is starting to give up on its PC releases? For a while most of their announcements were day one on PC alongside the console versions, but this is happening less and less now. Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is PS4 only :(

That's... kinda worrying, to be honest. Their PC releases really didn't do very well, I can see them giving up. But, on the other hand, maybe this one is skipping PC because it's a sequel and the previous game also isn't on Steam? (it would be nice if they would port the first game, though...)

Battlechili

Banned
That's... kinda worrying, to be honest. Their PC releases really didn't do very well, I can see them giving up. But, on the other hand, maybe this one is skipping PC because it's a sequel and the previous game also isn't on Steam? (it would be nice if they would port the first game, though...)
That's possible, but a while back when they announced the Western release of Operation Babel, they also announced a PC port of Operation Abyss which was scheduled to release a little before Babel came out. Its not unheard of for them to announce a PC port of a sequel and then port the original before the sequel's release. I had initially thought when Demon Gaze 2 was getting announced they'd do this same thing since its also a DRPG by the same developers, but they didn't and it too is also PS4/Vita only. Its worth noting that Operation Abyss/Babel both did abysmally.

Teggy

OK, got through my Windows 10 reset and have my mouse back (thank goodness my games are on a secondary drive). Here's the issue I was having yesterday before all this happened and I wanted to ask about.

I am playing Get Even. I have a G-Sync monitor with 144 Hz refresh rate. I have G-Sync enabled and vsync off. For this game I am getting:
1. framerates consistently in the 150 and 160 range
2. screen tearing

I figure something is not configured right?

http://steamcharts.com/app/688480#7d

EVE: Valkyrie Warzone is NOT doing well. Worse than Lawbreakers actually.

Kinda disappointed to see it do so poorly, but the game may not actually be good.

Steamspy says it has some 14,000 owners though, give or take (though many of those may have been before it was converted to no require VR.

It's a competitive month for gaming, but having less than 50 players online is pretty DOA. Not much in the way of marketing though.

I'd argue that PUBG is eating a huge chunk of the online multiplayer pie, regardless of genre though.

Do you think NISA is starting to give up on its PC releases? For a while most of their announcements were day one on PC alongside the console versions, but this is happening less and less now. Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is PS4 only :(

Nah, they just don't release everything everywhere.
Witch and the Hundred Knight 1 had a PS4 port and no PC port.
Also keep in mind NIS games sales are... really niche. NIS considering Disgaea 5 selling 100k worldwide a success. Which is their biggest and also mascot IP. The only thing Steamspy is showing here is how niche the rest of their output is.

Kinda disappointed to see it do so poorly, but the game may not actually be good.

Steamspy says it has some 14,000 owners though, give or take (though many of those may have been before it was converted to no require VR.

It's a competitive month for gaming, but having less than 50 players online is pretty DOA. Not much in the way of marketing though.

I'd argue that PUBG is eating a huge chunk of the online multiplayer pie, regardless of genre though.

At least it has cross-play with PS4 to keep it somewhat alive but I wonder if PS4 numbers are any better.

Madventure

I mean... Just look at the steam reviews there's lots of other games that do the same thing if not better for cheaper. The thing that made it unique was VR and they ripped that out.

Not to mention it still gets listed as a VR game and I have that as one of filters for Steam. Which I know there's a lot of people that have the same thing applied for tags to filter out.

I mean... Just look at the steam reviews there's lots of other games that do the same thing if not better for cheaper. The thing that made it unique was VR and they ripped that out.

Not to mention it still gets listed as a VR game and I have that as one of filters for Steam. Which I know there's a lot of people that have the same thing applied for tags to filter out.

Not saying the lack of success isn't deserved, based on price, quality, marketing, etc.

Just that I'm kind of disappointed that it has clearly failed, given the EVE branding on it (which is a product/entity I sometimes like.) Obviously mistakes have been made.

And what competing products fit the spaceship arena dogfighter genre besides it?

Elite: Dangerous?
Star Citizen?

Elite doesn't seem to fit the mold from what I know about it. Star Citizen is still in development hell, but the one module might be similar.

Besides those, I'm not aware of any other products in the space, granted I haven't been actively looking.

Not saying the lack of success isn't deserved, based on price, quality, marketing, etc.

Just that I'm kind of disappointed that it has clearly failed, given the EVE branding on it (which is a product/entity I sometimes like.) Obviously mistakes have been made.

And what competing products fit the spaceship arena dogfighter genre besides it?

Star Citizen?

Elite doesn't seem to fit the mold from what I know about it. Star Citizen is still in development hell, but the one module might be similar.

Besides those, I'm not aware of any other products in the space, granted I haven't been actively looking.

Starpoint gemini? On sale right now too.

Anteater

does it?

i kind of really dig the setting but idk, all that rpg shit of like loot and quests and whatnot just makes me pause

the loot looks lame and i hope it doesn't ruin it but they seem to have loosen up on the controls of the game, and not relying on the countering part of it

it looks like a proper hack and slash game with sorta cool archer controls

Madventure

Star Citizen?

For multiplayer? I don't really know I was more talking about going from VR to NON-VR

EVERSPACE™

House of the Dying Sun

Granted those are both Single Player games but it's not exactly easy to find much for space ship stuff
I know it isn't exactly what you asked but both of these started out as M+KB or Controller Support and then added on VR support later that's why I thought it was weird with the Valk one.

zkylon

zkylewd
the loot looks lame and i hope it doesn't ruin it but they seem to have loosen up on the controls of the game, and not relying on the countering part of it

it looks like a proper hack and slash game with sorta cool archer controls
i wish we lived in a world where ubisoft got inspired by mgs5 for the new ass creed games

jholmes

Decided to buy the Stardock bundle for the one thing I wanted. You guys can have the rest (and some other bundle fodder too while I'm at it).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jholmes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sorcerer King: Rivals -- MB-70A3DA539CDDD8E8 - Taken by Tizoc
Fallen Enchantress -- MB-3A4D802FA5E4EBD5 - Taken by Sarcasm
Oscura: Lost Light -- MB-0B2FEF3422B3B9EC - Taken by sadblob
The Corporate Machine -- MB-1809E5149BA21B94 - Taken by fspm
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-EC04C29B002C2E01 - Taken by Jawmuncher

NG28

Which Assassin's Creed is the best out of Black Flag, Unity, and Syndicate? I've played 2 and Brotherhood if that changes anything.

I'm getting the same frames at 1080p, 1440p, and 3200. Sigh. Upgrading the CPU, Mobo, and ram is such less fun than upgrading a GPU. I could probably do the same thing did for this one and gut a business-used workstation. It was certainly the most band for the buck tech to I've ever had.

Top Bottom