• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Teggy

Yesterday I had 1499 games in my library. Today I have 1505. I haven't activated a key since September 28.

Spooky.

I couldn't decide between Wasteland 2 (Currently $10 on Humble Store) or Stardock Bundle, so I flipped a coin and Stardock Bundle, it is.

Here's 2 that I already own.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (boybrushdRED, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-6589A643D4C642F3 - Taken by abelasabel
Fallen Enchantress -- MB-D96603088C0945EC - Taken by Orakio Rob

I mean... Just look at the steam reviews there's lots of other games that do the same thing if not better for cheaper. The thing that made it unique was VR and they ripped that out.

Not to mention it still gets listed as a VR game and I have that as one of filters for Steam. Which I know there's a lot of people that have the same thing applied for tags to filter out.

It's certainly one of the few tags I have filtered out.

I just checked again - it's the ONLY tag I have filtered out. Hmm, I wonder if the average tag abuser knows about that. Sure, you can tag a children's game "nudity" or "psychological horror," but if you really wanted to screw a new game over you can just get it tagged "VR" and watch it disappear from many a queue.

I remember a Galactic Civ battle I had. We were about to take our current enemies homeworld, when all of the sudden.... all of their planets became part of the "Klingon" races empire.

The AI struck a deal at the last minute with a more technologically advanced race just to fucking spite me.

I regret letting such a huge backlog of keys build up.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Game of Changes -- MB-1C050281DFC551AA - Taken by Eila
Barclay: The Marrowdale Murder -- MB-AC5130F3928844F2
Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition -- MB-9E18CFFA35946ACD - Taken by fuzzy123
Bloody Streets -- MB-4C5F166E7430F41F - Taken by laserlaser
Broadsword : Age of Chivalry -- MB-1A7135939B4E0749
Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily -- MB-BAD8320FECD49BBE - Taken by septicore
Discouraged Workers TEEN -- MB-385A439AA6688A6E - Taken by Mike Bison
Grim Legends 3: The Dark City -- MB-D81E55BF85702954 - Taken by alr1ght
Ground Breakers -- MB-024D5D9717BCD0A2 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Gunship! -- MB-010D895C892859AE
Karaski: What Goes Up... -- MB-60705A90DCA25BB3 - Taken by fuzzy123
Minion Masters -- MB-E882FB3B5074E29F
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call -- MB-E1F60B081168209A - Taken by Orakio Rob
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones -- MB-8BF70321898C2809 - Taken by KenOD
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-7CDE8B59E0814CF6
Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness -- MB-D07A35A853ED482C - Taken by Loptous
ShipLord -- MB-1693F08464EBA694
Super Trench Attack! -- MB-38EF3DE100C794E8 - Taken by Jalal
The Away Team -- MB-A737D7B8274B2D21 - Taken by sadblob
The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent -- MB-86A2B16154BD7591 - Taken by Ludens
The UnderGarden -- MB-F59D6BD1964F5427 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Unearthing Colossal -- MB-E21647597E3A056F - Taken by texhnolyze
Urizen Shadows of the Cold -- MB-B70D71A9D9759800 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Zero Reflex : Black Eye Edition -- MB-A2838DF93B3BC827 - Taken by madjoki

Rizzi

AC, Mario and Wolfenstein all on one day. At least there's nothing interesting out for a few weeks to give me a chance to finish Yakuza Kiwami, so that's a relief.

Jawmuncher

I could totally imagine a detailed Cuphead design on a skateboard. Perfect style and characters for it.

Speaking of skateboards. I still wanna know the specifics on how this even happened with cuphead before it even came out

maxresdefault.jpg

God damn two years have flown by

For multiplayer? I don't really know I was more talking about going from VR to NON-VR

EVERSPACE™

House of the Dying Sun

Granted those are both Single Player games but it's not exactly easy to find much for space ship stuff
I know it isn't exactly what you asked but both of these started out as M+KB or Controller Support and then added on VR support later that's why I thought it was weird with the Valk one.

Everspace looks like it could be cool. Not so interested in House of the Dying Sun.

Plesiades

Speaking of skateboards. I still wanna know the specifics on how this even happened with cuphead before it even came out

maxresdefault.jpg

This is kinda hilarious. I would've expected Marcus Phoenix and Master Chief as bonuses...

Maybe Microsoft/Studio MDHR wanted to release Cuphead during the holidays?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature -- MB-A89D74725C4E079D - Taken by longlivegaming
Cyber Chicken -- MB-A65641A56E85E306 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Gal-X-E -- MB-0DAD13C54CD22E61 - Taken by Alien8
Inferno Puzzle #1 -- MB-4CFA1BD66571F3FF
Inferno Puzzle #2 -- MB-FB33FF9728B8712C - Taken by voodooray
Kiln Prototype #1 -- MB-DC898062031F3B93 - Taken by fuzzy123
Kiln Prototype #2 -- MB-E2D62D5880498AC9
Kiln Prototype #3 -- MB-36DDD3EACE19BB40 - Taken by Eila
Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar -- MB-2678F2331FB4AEFF - Taken by Catshade
Phat Stacks 2 -- MB-60DD03A15E2373A2 - Taken by Ludens
VITATIO -- MB-3D627771BBF459BD - Taken by MaxiLive
Zenodyne R -- MB-44586160F037E694 - Taken by Deques

Teeth

maxresdefault.jpg

God damn two years have flown by

This happened because someone from the Tony Hawk team asked us if they could put Cuphead in and we said "alright".

*shrug*

The same reason Cuphead was in Cook, Serve, Delicious back in 2014:

dex3108

the loot looks lame and i hope it doesn't ruin it but they seem to have loosen up on the controls of the game, and not relying on the countering part of it

it looks like a proper hack and slash game with sorta cool archer controls

Controls should be better than ever because they are not tied to animation loop anymore. You should be able to cancel move in mid animation and character will react right when you press the button. Before you had to wait for animation to end before next move. Also there is parry in the game and you won't be able to just hack & slash (at least that is what they are saying). You will need to use dodge and parry if you want to be good in battle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Random question: is it inappropriate to ignore friend requests from folks you've never heard of/played against? I don't want to be rude but also don't want to friend randos.

Not when the only alternative is accepting the request.

Late edit: It'd be nice if you could decline a request with a message.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Random question: is it inappropriate to ignore friend requests from folks you've never heard of/played against? I don't want to be rude but also don't want to friend randos.

I usually accept them and then tag them as (random invite) just to see what they want. It's usually spam or a low-ball trade request, but occasionally it just seems to be random person.

If it's people I don't know who invite me on Steam, I usually check what we have in common like friends and groups. If I see someone in the NeoGAF group, I take it they are from SteamGAF...that is if their Steam username is different than their GAF name. Occasionally there may be some randoms that invite me, I usually ignore unless I somehow made some rapport with them in an online game.

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't think so, i don't accept friend requests unless people message me here first cos of too many bad experiences

better not open the door to freaks

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Awesomenauts Ghosthouse Announcer DLC -- MB-9A658DFC23B3E734
Spooky

Monooboe

Heh, I very rarely get friend requests so I don't even have a "policy".XD But yeah I think at least some common friends or groups is a must.

dex3108

i don't think so, i don't accept friend requests unless people message me here first cos of too many bad experiences

better not open the door to freaks

You accepted my request, you need to raise standards :D

On-topic

In general I will accept any requests if profile level is not 0 or close to 0. My friends list is organised so I don't have issue with recognizing who and from where i know that person. Also I always can remove people who bother me but that is never happened so far.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A Hat In Time is fucking amazing. I just played it for 8 hours, about half-way done (been doing all the missions and a lot of exploration and collecting).

There's so much I love about this game, it's hard to put into words. It's a bit floater than some platformers, but it's very tightly designed and designed around this. The levels are very creative, both the general 'worlds' and the individual missions. I have not disliked a single mission yet, and so many have twists and turns. I love some of the characters. The music is amazing. The story is actually more interesting than I expected, as are the villains so far motives. The boss fights are more than I was expecting (fought two so far). The hat changing ability on the fly is fun. There's a LOT of creative and unexpected touches and twists which add a lot.

There's so much I could say, but I am not kidding when I say I am convinced this game is going to become known as a classic, one of the top five of collectathons of all times. It's really, REALLY good.

I tried Battlefront 2 beta and, yeah, i'm not impressed at all. Basically first thing that game invites you to do is open lootboxes to get random shit. Arcade mode was really short and pointless, like kill 20 bots and that's it. You can disable HUD but it's impossible to disable chromatic aberration so game looks like glossy shit with terrible artifacts near screen borders. Last thing i tried was online space battle, i fund game pretty quick but then stuck at spaceship select screen because there was no players, i waited for like 5 minutes and still had that "waiting for 9 more players" message, so i gave up and just quit. Not to mention that game ignores Steam shortcut and when you try to run it through Steam it launch for few seconds, then quit and restart without Steam overlay. Nvidia's overlay worked, but without framerate counter, so i can't say much about performance, didn't noticed any FPS drops, i guess it was great then?

Ascheroth

A Hat In Time is fucking amazing. I just played it for 8 hours, about half-way done (been doing all the missions and a lot of exploration and collecting).

There's so much I love about this game, it's hard to put into words. It's a bit floater than some platformers, but it's very tightly designed and designed around this. The levels are very creative, both the general 'worlds' and the individual missions. I have not disliked a single mission yet, and so many have twists and turns. I love some of the characters. The music is amazing. The story is actually more interesting than I expected, as are the villains so far motives. The boss fights are more than I was expecting (fought two so far). The hat changing ability on the fly is fun. There's a LOT of creative and unexpected touches and twists which add a lot.

There's so much I could say, but I am not kidding when I say I am convinced this game is going to become known as a classic, one of the top five of collectathons of all times. It's really, REALLY good.
What is it with this year and the non-stop releases of all-time greats.

MaxiLive

OK, got through my Windows 10 reset and have my mouse back (thank goodness my games are on a secondary drive). Here's the issue I was having yesterday before all this happened and I wanted to ask about.

I am playing Get Even. I have a G-Sync monitor with 144 Hz refresh rate. I have G-Sync enabled and vsync off. For this game I am getting:
1. framerates consistently in the 150 and 160 range
2. screen tearing

I figure something is not configured right?

Yeah sounds like something isn't working I wouldn't expect tearing if you are running over 144hz especially that is very noticeable.

Gsync only works for lower frames so ideally you want to cap the framerate at around 140fps to stop it hitting your max refresh rate and the monitor having to turn gsync on/off which can cause input lag, stutter/tearing when it switches.

Is the game set to use 144hz?

Xater

I tried Battlefront 2 beta and, yeah, i'm not impressed at all. Basically first thing that game invites you to do is open lootboxes to get random shit. Arcade mode was really short and pointless, like kill 20 bots and that's it. You can disable HUD but it's impossible to disable chromatic aberration so game looks like glossy shit with terrible artifacts near screen borders. Last thing i tried was online space battle, i fund game pretty quick but then stuck at spaceship select screen because there was no players, i waited for like 5 minutes and still had that "waiting for 9 more players" message, so i gave up and just quit. Not to mention that game ignores Steam shortcut and when you try to run it through Steam it launch for few seconds, then quit and restart without Steam overlay. Nvidia's overlay worked, but without framerate counter, so i can't say much about performance, didn't noticed any FPS drops, i guess it was great then?

It's a bad game with P2W MP. The only thing they seem to have learned from the first game is to have more content.

dex3108

Beside quests busy work in AC Origins will mostly be exploration based. If you want to go and explore world you will be rewarded. There won't be classic AC chests and collectables.

Deques

Got two different questions

1. Has anyone got 8bitdo controller to work with Steam? Whenever I try to bind the button the d-pad registers either Axis 1 or Axis 0. I can't bind the whole d-pad at all.

2. Doesn't XCOM Enemy Unkown have full controller support? I can't play the game with xbone controller. I can skip the intro videos with the controller, but nothing happens in the game

Ascheroth

Don't want to raise expectations, but
*screaming internally*

So this happened briefly:

RUFP59J.jpg

Got changed back to the placeholder it was initially on a few moments later: http://trailstozero.com/

Whois Information

Perform lookup
Domain Name: TRAILSTOZERO.COM
Domain ID: 1935678618_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2017-03-10T17:16:15Z
Creation Date: 2015-06-05T01:56:56Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-06-05T01:56:57Z
Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domainabuse@tucows.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123
Reseller: Click And Name
Domain Status:
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Jason Higa
Registrant Organization: XSEED Games, Inc.
Registrant Street: 3655 Torrance Blvd. Suite 140
Registrant City: TORRANCE
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Postal Code: 90503-4839
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.13107927780
Registrant Phone Ext: 102
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: jason@xseedmarketing.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Jason Higa
Admin Organization: XSEED Games, Inc.
Admin Street: 3655 Torrance Blvd. Suite 140
Admin City: TORRANCE
Admin State/Province: California
Admin Postal Code: 90503-4839
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.13107927780
Admin Phone Ext: 102
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: jason@xseedmarketing.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Host Master
Tech Organization: Click & Name
Tech Street: 9725 Datapoint Dr Ste 100
Tech City: San Antonio
Tech State/Province: TX
Tech Postal Code: 78229
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.2107980105
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: support@clickandname.com
Name Server: DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM
Name Server: DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-03-10T17:16:15Z <<<
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't think we should believe in previews either.

Well, you can watch the numerous gameplay videos floating around on Youtube. There are even high-level gameplay ones.

I haven't seen people collecting stuff, all they do is doing quests and exploring tombs instead.

Coreda

Having trouble with DS4Windows and screenshot button mapping. Usually I have the PS button mapped to F12 which functions flawlessly with Steam, but for some specific non-Steam games when I use Afterburner for the screenshots instead (using the same hotkey) it doesn't register the press.

Pretty sure I encountered a similar problem a year or so ago and the advice was map it instead to a macro with a delay between key down and key up. Tried delays up to 200ms 500ms and still nothing (testing in Cuphead where I'm experiencing the issue).

Any ideas what I can try? Using the keyboard F12 by itself behaves correctly.

Edit: tried fiddling with RivaTuner settings and checking Hide DS4 Controller in DS4Windows, but no luck so far.

Edit 2: using ReShade's screenshot feature instead worked.

I cant believe that New Vegas is still broken on Windows 10. I cant load my save, never overwritten an old save, never did auto or quicksave. Still the infinite loading screen. Its a shame. Such a good game!

Installed the big graphic mod with the nexus manager, implemented and runs fine. Had the same problems without the mod.

Please, can someone give me a solution to get my saves. Ive read the problem was there since release, i cant understand this bullshit.

Top Bottom