• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

All this insecurity and need for validation through a MC score. Wow.

This goes for all platforms btw (including PC), I'm not targeting any community in particular.

I'm sure some zelda fans are going to enjoy BotW less if it doesn't get at least 90 on MC.

Heh.

Makes me glad that some of my absolute favorite franchises are either so uber-niche (Paradox grand-strat) that no one cares or literally so dumped on (Farm Sim) by press that no one even bothers talking about them at all.

Kind of lets one fly under the radar and avoid all that toxic culture of the desperate haves and have-nots.

Though I gotta be honest the rampant insecurity and in-fighting found in typical Review Threads is pretty glorious from an entertainment perspective.

Orgen

If Sony fans are getting so riled up over an 88 metacritic score I can only imagine the threats Nintendo fans gonna be making when Zelda gets 98 meta in a few weeks. Dark times ahead. Edit your post history and stay safe SteamGAF.

Nintendo fans won't threat Steam GAF no matter what the meta score for Zelda is in the end. Maybe they will threat Sony fans when they see that it gets a better meta score (and better sales) than Horizon but that'll be some of them.

It's a pity that some users here are so pitiful against other games/platforms... I thought that the majority of GAF was on their late 20s so they would be working, having money and not giving a shit about console/PC wars because you have money to buy whatever console/game you want. But then some post like "the PS2 and 360 are the best/most influential consoles ever" is made and you see that several people started gaming with PS2... and all my assumptions fall apart :|

I need to know if Mass Effect 3 is worth playing. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 and 2, but I know the ending of 3 thanks to the uproar about how stupid it was, and I get the feeling I won't be able to tolerate the idea that all the work done in the game, and prior games is ultimately the same outcome, that was pretty poop.

Andromeda isn't looking too hot to me so far in terms of story and characters (which there is little to go on anyway), but the combat certainly looks improved.

If you enjoyed Mass Effect 2 you'll enjoy Mass Effect 3 for sure. The ending is bad but no "I spent 300 hours with the trilogy and you killed my dog" bad as the Internet wants to make believe you. I'd even say that gameplay wise is superior to Mass Effect 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You must sacrifice your money for the greater good so we can get the other trilogies on Steam. You must.

8d880372f01c6489d3c6bbca8d30a295.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Heh, I read the link they posted and you can read my posts in Steam gaf calling out the shitposting on Horizon. It really was too, I stand by those posts.

Well, I did respond to your post:

If you're genuinely looking forward to it for those reasons, then you don't belong to the group I mentioned and have no reason to feel slighted. I wasn't painting with a broad brush; I said "to some extent".

Making a general comment on platform wars and saying that Horizon, being a big-budget and heavily-marketed exclusive, is part of that circle isn't shitposting.

Thanks. I'm pretty much settled on getting 3 either via the Origin trial or for £5 or so when on sale. Will have to work out how to transfer my old save from Steam to Origin. I also want to try out Shadow Broker, but definitely not willing to venture into bioware points, so I might just have to watch it on youtube. If andromeda is good, I'll probably get that eventually when the price becomes reasonable.

Shadowbroker is OK.

None of the DLC is really worth the price, get it on sale if you can. It isn't TW3-tier or anything, even Shadowbroker which I recall being praised a lot at the time. Mass Effect DLC in general is very brief, and worthwhile only for the story content in it.

As an aside, I'm still in shock by the value of TW3's expansions. Rich, high-quality, lengthy campaigns that rival whole other games. I really hope that has become the standard by which others judge story DLC; it can't just be a case of "oh, the Witcher's special."

Well, I did respond to your post:

It wasn't a "shitpost".

Oh so qualifiers make your post suddenly useful and illuminating, is that it? It was still a waste of time to start making points about how those silly fanboys got their knickers in a twist in steamgaf anyway. I stand by the point that you guys were just shitting on the rest of the board like children, be it some or none.

JaseC

Oh so qualifiers make your post suddenly useful and illuminating, is that it?

No. I'm simply saying you misunderstood.

It was still a waste of time to start making points about how those silly fanboys got their knickers in a twist in steamgaf anyway. I stand by the point that you guys were just shitting on the rest of the board like children, be it some or none.

I was making a general comment on the landscape of platform wars and saying that Horizon, being a big-budget and heavily-marketed exclusive, is part of that circle, not placing SteamGAF on a higher pedestal than SonyGAF or any other clique. Neither the quote I responded to nor my post made any allusions to GAF.

No. I'm simply saying you misunderstood.

I was speaking broadly, not placing SteamGAF on a higher pedestal than SonyGAF. Neither the quote I responded to nor my post made any allusions to GAF.

I understood you quite clearly. Paraphrasing: some folks don't actually want the game, they just want platform talking points. Thanks for that post, really, thank you. You made this thread - and GAF as a whole - a worse place to post in. "Many" posters excited about a game are all disingenuous platform fools. Joyous.

With the power of context clues, I deduced you were talking about GAF, seeing as we're on a forum that really has been talking up Horizon a lot lately. But you'll notice (since we're nitpicking specific words out of our own mouths as justification) I was talking in the plural and not about your post in that sentence specifically.

Arthea

I'm getting 3 Falcom games on Steam this year so I guess I got my gaming paradise

It kinda is, but we need moar
as Steel series, and Gagharv trilogy and Crossbell and Ys7
as the rest of Atelier games

That is at least 4 more games than squeenix is releasing on steam :v

yeah, SE needs stop pretending they are Sega

I still have no idea what Horizon is, and I only know the game exists because of SteamGAF.

how can you not know, there was that lengthy gameplay vid that got everybody hyped about it, how could you miss that?

Wok

I still have no idea what Horizon is, and I only know the game exists because of SteamGAF.

I live in the Steam grotto, I guess.

JaseC

I understood you quite clearly. Paraphrasing: some folks don't actually want the game, they just want platform talking points. Thanks for that post, really, thank you. You made this thread - and GAF as a whole - a worse place to post in. "Many" posters excited about a game are all disingenuous platform fools. Joyous.

You took it personally, which is what prompted me to respond. It wasn't aimed at you or anybody else who is genuinely looking forward to playing the game. I understand that the post wasn't some beacon of wisdom, but I find it a little insulting that you insist I was being childish and malicious.

With the power of context clues, I deduced you were talking about GAF, seeing as we're on a forum that really has been talking up Horizon a lot lately.

I assure you I wasn't. If I were referring to GAF, I would have mentioned GAF, not been obtuse about it. The closest I've come to speaking ill of another corner of GAF is noting in a Lady Gaga news thread how there tends to be a lot of infighting amongst members of PopGAF and that this doesn't present an inviting atmosphere.

But you'll notice (since we're nitpicking specific words out of our own mouths as justification) I was talking in the plural and not about your post in that sentence specifically.

Yes, I realise you didn't single me out. I just figured your earlier post presented a good opportunity to bring up my response as you didn't catch it originally.

Wok

how can you not know, there was that lengthy gameplay vid that got everybody hyped about it, how could you miss that?

I get my gaming news from Twitter, SteamGAF, IndieGAF and Steam. Only SteamGAF spread the news to me.

Aaron D.

Welp, after much hemming and hawing over the past week I finally decided to pull the trigger on Clannad with only hours left in the Steam sale.

Nice knowing you, non-anime Steam 'Gaf!

Stall19

Looking forward to Hollow Knight coming out this week. Need something to get me away from Hitman, which has taken all my video game time.

Tizoc

It kinda is, but we need moar
as Steel series, and Gagharv trilogy and Crossbell and Ys7
as the rest of Atelier games

yeah, SE needs stop pretending they are Sega

Sega have at least 2 releases this year on pc, dawn of war 3 and a new football manager

Press Turn

Neo Member
So uh...I exist here.
Well, I existed here for over a year but I remembered I can actually post now. So yeah, hi, I'm some sort of creep lurking in the background.

(I'm already dying from anime I'm sorry in advance)

Teggy

I've been slowly chipping away at it between other games and am at about 17 hours in. I'm at the point
where you are collecting the puzzle pieces and I think I have 2 left.

Is there significant story revealed in NG+? Is it about another 10 hours?

Reposting for new page re: Nier

AlanOC91

Hi guys,

Super annoying issue that has been plaguing me recently. I think it was around 8th December when Steam received a beta update that caused me a host of issues that goes a little like this:

Steam is on and working fine -> Turn on my controller -> Steam hard crashes with "Steam boostrapper has stopped responding" -> I kill the Steam Process -> Steam refuses to launch no matter what I try -> I need to restart my PC to fix it (and leave the controller on to use it).

I gamed for 100s of hours with my Steam and 360 controller before that beta update with next to 0 issues but ever since the update I've had nothing but problems.

I'm not in the beta anymore, I've deleted all my steam files and re-downloaded and a host of other attempted fixes.

Is this a bug on the live client or is there something else I need to do? It's become super frustrating to once have a wonderful issue free experience now ruined with numerous issues.

JaseC

Hi guys,

Super annoying issue that has been plaguing me recently. I think it was around 8th December when Steam received a beta update that caused me a host of issues that goes a little like this:

Steam is on and working fine -> Turn on my controller -> Steam hard crashes with "Steam boostrapper has stopped responding" -> I kill the Steam Process -> Steam refuses to launch no matter what I try -> I need to restart my PC to fix it (and leave the controller on to use it).

I gamed for 100s of hours with my Steam and 360 controller before that beta update with next to 0 issues but ever since the update I've had nothing but problems.

I'm not in the beta anymore, I've deleted all my steam files and re-downloaded and a host of other attempted fixes.

Is this a bug on the live client or is there something else I need to do? It's become super frustrating to once have a wonderful issue free experience now ruined with numerous issues.

Could be a driver issue. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for your controller?

So uh...I exist here.
Well, I existed here for over a year but I remembered I can actually post now. So yeah, hi, I'm some sort of creep lurking in the background.

People can live full, long lives after getting anime. Don't give up hope! And certainly don't apologise for it.

I welcome you to the madness.

MUnited83

For you.
Considering the amount of console warrior posts in the Horizon thread, plus the usual extreme nitpicking of every single outlet that isn't 100% positive on the game, i'd say that JaseC hit the nail right in the head.

Hektor

NG+ is not optional if you want to see the full story. it's adding a lot of stuff to it.

The length depends on wether you only want to do the first NG+ or also
Ending C and D
. I'd say these are worth doing as well, for one very specific reason, but other people also only watch them on YT because that's quicker obviously.

I'd say it's around 6-10 hours for the first NG+ (It's a lot shorter than your first playthrough) and around 5 for the other two
(you can use one save to get to C, reload and watch D)
, but of course your mileage may vary

Ascheroth

I'm just posting so we can move faster to the next page already. This page is so anime. It must end.
The 'a' in Steam stands for anime. There's no escaping it!

Sega have at least 2 releases this year on pc, dawn of war 3 and a new football manager
You know we're talking about their console-to-pc efforts :p
Their regular PC stuff is very good which makes the lack of the former even worse.
Their recent console-to-pc efforts have consisted of them saying they have news to share for like a year now.

So uh...I exist here.

Welcome!

I hope you all know I'm noting down every negative post you lot are making about stuff I like and many years from now retribution will be had. I'll probably do it from a comfy leather armchair while sipping cognac and stroking my beard reveling in my rightness on the internet.

*note to self: grow beard.

JaseC

Anteater

yeah new game+ has a lot of new story stuff and you know more about certain characters and their back stories, and it's sorta short since it starts at the halfway mark, basically more like boss rush that can be done/speedrun quick. The last 2 endings, you can just watch those on youtube since I don't think the actual game changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom