• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

If Sony fans are getting so riled up over an 88 metacritic score I can only imagine the threats Nintendo fans gonna be making when Zelda gets 98 meta in a few weeks. Dark times ahead. Edit your post history and stay safe SteamGAF.

Tizoc

Who cares about the horizon review thread? I can talk as much as I want about a game I have played. Just like people can get overly excited and defensive in a game they haven't played.

The only crow eating thatll matter is when I'll make my thread for when Snake in Smash and Dino Crisis return.
Inwill riot if dino crisis 3 does not get ported as well

Just bought the Freedom bundle. Wow!

The amount of quality games you get in that bundle is insane. I didn't buy much last year, so I basically had none of them.

Thanks,
Obama
Trump.

That bundle + backlog has me sorted for the significant future. I'll probably end up just playing Nuclear Throne and Hand of Fate for the next 3 months.

Might buy Nier and Mass Effect. Will wait for a sale if either has Denuvo though.

Nzyme32

I need to know if Mass Effect 3 is worth playing. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 and 2, but I know the ending of 3 thanks to the uproar about how stupid it was, and I get the feeling I won't be able to tolerate the idea that all the work done in the game, and prior games is ultimately the same outcome, that was pretty poop.

Andromeda isn't looking too hot to me so far in terms of story and characters (which there is little to go on anyway), but the combat certainly looks improved.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Shengar

I need to know if Mass Effect 3 is worth playing. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 and 2, but I know the ending of 3 thanks to the uproar about how stupid it was, and I get the feeling I won't be able to tolerate the idea that all the work done in the game, and prior games is ultimately the same outcome, that was pretty poop.

Andromeda isn't looking too hot to me so far in terms of story and characters (which there is little to go on anyway), but the combat certainly looks improved.

For the gameplay? Yes. The game is worth trying if you're not really invested in the original tone and theme of the first Mass Effect.

Nzyme32

For the gameplay? Yes. The game is worth trying if you're not really invested in the original tone and theme of the first Mass Effect.

Yeah, the second was much better imo. Been told of the Origin free week trial, so I'll probably give it a go via that soon

madjoki

Mafia 3 comes to mind, though it's four months old now.

Edit: To be clear, the game launched without Denuvo. It wasn't patched out.

Civilization VI too. I think Civ VI used just Steam, while Mafia 3 used Arxan, which is probably just about only competitor Denuvo has.

The new ending for ME3 is fine. The old one was just... really fitting for a game where roleplaying is Paragon, Renegade, or Neither.

So, ME3 is worth a play if you're already invested in the setting. The Javik and Citadel DLC are apparently pretty good, the former good for lore and latter for laughs.

Arthea

send help!

20170220151913_1xqkwb.jpg

edited: only two levels left, if that's all there is to this game, I have to do this!

edit2: it totally works, solved it right after posting!

All this insecurity and need for validation through a MC score. Wow.

This goes for all platforms btw (including PC), I'm not targeting any community in particular.

I'm sure some zelda fans are going to enjoy BotW less if it doesn't get at least 90 on MC.

Auraela

Banned
Seems like berserk could come tomorrow or on 24th. 21st is being touted alot but theres a 24th date aswell.

Got it pre ordered nice bit of fun on side i find mousou games

Ozium

This goes for all platforms btw (including PC), I'm not targeting any community in particular.

I'm sure some zelda fans are going to enjoy BotW less if it doesn't get at least 90 on MC.

If BOTW gets a lower metacritic score than Horizon, I'll buy a PS4PRO and change my name to Zero Don.

Arthea

Robot dinosaurs are the best kind of dinosaur.

context needed

IDK, Atelier Sophie is the best anyway, so why even bother with those other games?

Uzzy

The Tuchanka mission is really good, and actually sees Bioware deliver on the promise of an overarching trilogy where decisions you make in the first and second games actually play a part in the third game. It's an impressive feat and worth playing.

The rest of the game veers between trash and series ruining abomination.

gngf123

Eh, these days I basically use Metacritic and Opencritic as a guide and nothing more. Beyond that, I often disagree with reviewers a lot. Some of my all time favourite games are in the 70-80 range.

If BOTW gets a lower metacritic score than Horizon

You know, I can seriously see that happening.

That Horizon echo chamber is something else, people unironically talking shit about others who are expressing their opinions in a thread about people sharing their opinions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nights in the Woods is out tomorow?

gonna need some first hand impressions soon, I got my hollow knight + Marvel money ready, I really cant be spending another 20€, but its so pretty >_>

I don't really take review score threads seriously anyway...especially when games that people are just already expecting to hate get favorable reviews it just turns into "obviously all of these good reviews are paid for and I only believe the reviews that say it's bad"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Save the money to buy Atelier Firis

is this another Atelier game besides the one that came out with Nights of Azure? If so, im not buying any more Atelier games until I play that one, and if its a newer (as in recent) one, much less would I buy one at full price (unless its 30 again but I would still want to play the one I have first)

Tonton

is this another Atelier game besides the one that came out with Nights of Azure? If so, im not buying any more Atelier games until I play that one, and if its a newer (as in recent) one, much less would I buy one at full price (unless its 30 again but I would still want to play the one I have first)

Yes, it's the newest Atelier game, it's coming out alongside the console version so should probably be $60

Arthea

very unlikely it will be $30 game, as we are getting it day one and it is second game in Mysterious subseries, where Sophie is first.

Nzyme32

The new ending for ME3 is fine. The old one was just... really fitting for a game where roleplaying is Paragon, Renegade, or Neither.

So, ME3 is worth a play if you're already invested in the setting. The Javik and Citadel DLC are apparently pretty good, the former good for lore and latter for laughs.

The Tuchanka mission is really good, and actually sees Bioware deliver on the promise of an overarching trilogy where decisions you make in the first and second games actually play a part in the third game. It's an impressive feat and worth playing.

The rest of the game veers between trash and series ruining abomination.

Thanks. I'm pretty much settled on getting 3 either via the Origin trial or for £5 or so when on sale. Will have to work out how to transfer my old save from Steam to Origin. I also want to try out Shadow Broker, but definitely not willing to venture into bioware points, so I might just have to watch it on youtube. If andromeda is good, I'll probably get that eventually when the price becomes reasonable.

MaxiLive

I'm not sure how well it has aged vs the other games you've been playing recently. But I really enjoyed the game and characters!

The ending was so-so but for me it wasn't terrible, it was just the way it ended the trilogy was so under whelming especially compared to 2 and how all the story and character elements were developing. Still a very enjoyable game though!

Heh, I read the link they posted and you can read my posts in Steam gaf calling out the shitposting on Horizon. It really was too, I stand by those posts.

Mass Effect 3 is a mostly good game, and the gameplay is consistently good and the story hits some really good, meaningful beats. I would recommend the game to everyone even despite the final cutscenes (which almost feel like they're for a different series). The multiplayer is also surprisingly fun.

MUnited83

For you.

You must sacrifice your money for the greater good so we can get the other trilogies on Steam. You must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom