• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Am I the only one finding strange the fact Konami released one gameplay video about Survive and forgot about it (even if it's apparently a 2017 release) while the Bomberman game announced much later has plenty of videos already?

eITHER it's canceled or being reworked.
I mean there aren't many GoW PS4 footage. When there is stuff to be shown, they'll show it.

Ludens

Banned
eITHER it's canceled or being reworked.
I mean there aren't many GoW PS4 footage. When there is stuff to be shown, they'll show it.

Well, but GOW4 is another thing, Santa Monica already told the game was playable from the start to the end or something like that, so probably they need to just polish it, make some mechanics work etc, 2018 release pretty sure. Plus is a game very focused on the plot, and Sony usually doesn't show too much in those cases (see the Uncharted 4 dlc too, which will release this year).
With Survive otherwise...what we saw was rather boring and dull, and Konami with MGSV showed a LOT of things (even too much, considering they showed pretty much all cutscenes in the game), there were new gameplay videos very frequently.

AHA-Lambda

PlayStation Ireland backtracked lol
https://twitter.com/PlayStationIE

200w.gif

Alex_CWB

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alex_CWB, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Sword 5 the Serpent's Curse -- MB-912BCBC94118F7CD - Taken by data. 6 entrants total.

t1487764620z1.png

Hektor

Crash Bandicoot isn't exclusive, WHAT A REVELEATION

Hopefully that shuts all these pathetic people up that were hoping otherwise

Remind me what good HOG are worth picking up?

There are several good ones. If you've never played one before, I'd say go with one of the following:

For some light fantasy fare, go with Grim Legends: the Forsaken Bride.

For a good well-rounded adventure, Nightmares from the Deep: the Cursed Heart.

For something a bit darker, there's Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (aka Bioshock: the Hidden Object Game)

If you want something significantly darker, and you don't want a happy ending, and you want an ultra-rare male protagonist, try Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome.

A lot of people will tell you that Artifex Mundi is the only good company out there for HOGs. I'd call that a rule of thumb, since it's mostly true - you'll note that three of the above choices are from that company. There are other good ones out there, e.g. Big Fish Games has Ravenhearst and Return to Ravenhearst on Steam, but they hardly ever go on sale and I don't think they've ever been bundled. I also like going to bat for Paranormal State: Poison Spring just because it's hilariously campy. I just don't recommend that as your first hidden object game.

Posting some more Ghostbusters 2009. One thing I noticed is that either the audio quality is low/messed up or the actors could've done better at delivering their lines. Ray is the most energetic and delivers his lines well.

I remember thinking Murray was really phoning it in. Probably only did it as a favour to the other guys and a quick paycheque.

Remind me what good HOG are worth picking up?

There are a few good ones in the last giveaway I did that were never claimed:

Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-50F6A4CA6BCCAA70
Grim Legends: The Forsake Bride -- MB-602E64E2FE342EC1 - Taken by Genki
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-335A340EFC79F739

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-B17167A2B89A7ECB - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

Vuze

Did Valve break sth? Card idling just stopped working. Apparently waiting forever for webSession to fire? It worked fine for the past 2 days 😪

Just finished hotl niq. I would say that game is.... harsh.

First of all, the story was nice.
Walking animation is too slow. Would it have been a normal plattformer, the levels would be finished in minutes. The game itself is pretty short, so I guess thats why she walks like a snail.
Difficulty was easy, besides one boss battle, thats almost impossible without capturing the screen with a mobile phone.

It was nice, but the slow walking animations really make that game.... worse.

Tizoc

There are several good ones. If you've never played one before, I'd say go with one of the following:

For some light fantasy fare, go with Grim Legends: the Forsaken Bride.

For a good well-rounded adventure, Nightmares from the Deep: the Cursed Heart.

For something a bit darker, there's Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (aka Bioshock: the Hidden Object Game)

If you want something significantly darker, and you don't want a happy ending, and you want an ultra-rare male protagonist, try Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome.

A lot of people will tell you that Artifex Mundi is the only good company out there for HOGs. I'd call that a rule of thumb, since it's mostly true - you'll note that three of the above choices are from that company. There are other good ones out there, e.g. Big Fish Games has Ravenhearst and Return to Ravenhearst on Steam, but they hardly ever go on sale and I don't think they've ever been bundled. I also like going to bat for Paranormal State: Poison Spring just because it's hilariously campy. I just don't recommend that as your first hidden object game.
Gracias i think i have a few of those on my ishkist so i ought to buy them sometime soon already

Sch1sm

kill me tbh

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-3B3DCDFE738F0704 - Taken by Ruruja. 2 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered - -- MB-087FB167EEA6AA82 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-BC210F9601FD7C10 - Taken by Jadax. 7 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-61ED6CDCE750A9D0 - Taken by Oreoleo. 11 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-FA86BF2DC2C6D111
The Stanley Parable -- MB-3A31A3434AD7BAB2
The Swapper -- MB-FF0C767C7A3D72F7 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-243A0F04B2113A21

t1487775875z1.png

Hello friends!

Its my birthday today!

Gonna play some Disgaea PC later today when I get back from work :O

👀👀👀 Same. Happy birthday.

Sch1sm

Happy Birthday. I hope things are okay.

It's nothing but too early in the day, 7AM and all, nothing to be concerned about. :p Gonna spend the day playing a game, VVVVVV since Ayu's pushed it on me, and then I've just got work. Birthday's are a pretty standard, boring affair for me young as I am.

---

Thanks for the wishes
in advance, too.
❤️

Mivey

I hope Crash comes to PC, but I guess it will be PS4/Switch.

At this point I hope it gets ported to Steam, so I can see all those defensive people whine about it. Not that I have any real interest in playing it. (Though I guess that's the norm here).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Free Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age

Requires Twitter, G+ or Facebook

http://games.giveaway-club.com/

Happy birthday!

0 keys left, and that one is something ive wanted for ages, thats not bundle fodder trash ;_;

says there will be more keys later but I dont even see how you enter tbh. And on the comments there seems to be a lot of invalid key comments so...

Orgen

I remember thinking Murray was really phoning it in. Probably only did it as a favour to the other guys and a quick paycheque.

There are a few good ones in the last giveaway I did that were never claimed:

Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-50F6A4CA6BCCAA70
Grim Legends: The Forsake Bride -- MB-602E64E2FE342EC1 - Taken by Genki
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-335A340EFC79F739
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-B17167A2B89A7ECB - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

Got the Cursed Heart based on the previous recommendations, thanks! (My only HOG experience is with the Room games... so I suppose this will be better?)

kill me tbh

👀👀👀 Same. Happy birthday.

Hello friends!

Its my birthday today!

Gonna play some Disgaea PC later today when I get back from work :O

Happy birthday to both of you! :D

I started Rusty Lake Hotel and for now it's pretty good! (Only spent one night). Surprised to see that it's a flash game :eek:

xist

You should never, ever, ever be able to accidentally delete autosaves by enthusiastic button pushing. It's natural that upon dying you'd want to get back into the game asap, so to find that I just overwrote 6 hours of game time it's somewhat irritating. Yes I should probably have hard saved more often (although these are also easily accidentally deletable) but If Mass Effect didn't have a hard count on the number of times you've saved it'd feel less like a failure doing so. This is my first every Mass Effect experience so I'm unsure how much it will colour my overall impression. (I don't think this particular issue was covered in the game design article about ME issues, but I suppose it's covered under the buttons changing function whenever they feel like it).

Got the Cursed Heart based on the previous recommendations, thanks! (My only HOG experience is with the Room games... so I suppose this will be better?)

Fair warning, The Cursed Heart has a fairly questionable English translation. It's only really annoying in the actual hidden object puzzles, though.

You should never, ever, ever be able to accidentally delete autosaves by enthusiastic button pushing. It's natural that upon dying you'd want to get back into the game asap, so to find that I just overwrote 6 hours of game time it's somewhat irritating. Yes I should probably have hard saved more often (although these are also easily accidentally deletable) but If Mass Effect didn't have a hard count on the number of times you've saved it'd feel less like a failure doing so. This is my first every Mass Effect experience so I'm unsure how much it will colour my overall impression. (I don't think this particular issue was covered in the game design article about ME issues, but I suppose it's covered under the buttons changing function whenever they feel like it).

I did that with Gunman Clive at the final boss. :( Never got round to replying it.

Talking of HOGs, has anyone tried the Midnight Mystery Ones? I have a couple, Houdini and Poe, tried one once but the feel was out.

Also Sherlock Holmes and the Hounds of the Baskervilles is a good HOG.

pislit

MY GOD. I just want to know if there is a *chance* for Crash to have a PC port or Niers Steam release date, and I read all of this cray-cray platform tribalism on those threads.

So I'll just post the question here,

1.) Is Nier coming to PC? When?
2.) Crash too? Date is irrelevant.

AHA-Lambda

Crash Bandicoot games are the definition of mediocrity.

1365350937_Kanye-West-Blank-stare.gif

MY GOD. I just want to know if there is a *chance* for Crash to have a PC port or Niers Steam release date, and I read all of this cray-cray platform tribalism on those threads.

Stop your incessant port begging PC swine!!

10th march, maybe
Probably

Ascheroth

1) Absolutely. Chances are that it's coming at the same day as the EU PS4 release (March 10th), but who can really say for sure with how idiotic Square Enix is handling this whole thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Nier is but we dont know when.

Crash we dont know, its only confirmed to be coming to the PS4 "first".

Finished another shorty in my "waiting for Hollow Knight" week, Reverse Crawl, only this one unlike the previous 2 or 3 small games, this one I really enjoyed. Super fun little strategy rpg, highly recomended especially when the campaign is like2 or 3 hours at most (there is a NG+ and endless mode after if thats your thang). Awful name tho. ALso its another 1 man joint which is always impressive.

Sch1sm

I started Rusty Lake Hotel and for now it's pretty good! (Only spent one night). Surprised to see that it's a flash game :eek:

That game was mad weird to me, and uncomfortable at some parts.

Actual spoiler, I guess:
The electrocution of that poor, baby bird still gets me today.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd say it definitely is a reasonable opinion. Crash games have aged badly and I'm not talking about graphics.
I mean it's no Mario 64 or Conker or Banjo Kazooie or even Glover or Chameleon Twist but at least its better than DK64 tbh.

Arthea

after the main levels of Energy Balance there are bonus levels, of course, why wouldn't it be? and already second one is giving me problems, but I can't drop it now!

Ladekabel

What's SteamGAFs verdict on Gurumin? It's the only Falcom game on Steam/GOG where I'm uncertain if it's worth it even if it is Falcom.

Knurek

after the main levels of Energy Balance there are bonus levels, of course, why wouldn't it be? and already second one is giving me problems, but I can't drop it now!

Speaking of games that don't end, I'm at Moeka chapter in my Steins;Gate run. Only about 15 hours to go.
Then the two fandisks and Steins;Zero for another 100 hours. fml, I won't play Sophie this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom