• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
yankeeforever2 said:
I was planning to buy one to build next year when DDR3 gets cheaper and some new pieces come out. Don't want them to just sit there, the computer I have is 6 years old already.:lol :lol

Still, Don't be silly. You could save yourself hundreds of dollars right now during the sale and when you end up building it (DDR3 isn't that expensive btw :p ) you will have a big enough back catalogue to keep you entertained for um a long ass time.

GTA4 isn't too bad of a power. I played through it all (didn't do the last mission due to bad controls with the chopper using KB+M) at 1920x1200 on a E7200 / ATi 4850. It would chug here and there but it was certainly playable. I actually enjoyed it quiet a bit, for $8 you couldn't go wrong. I paid $37 or so for it a few months back.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I went ahead and picked up the following:

Indigo Prophecy
The Void
Ben There Dan That double pack
Grand Theft Auto IV

Not bad for around $23 if I don't say so myself.

I already have a lot of what the titles that have really good deals or I would've bought more.

I....fucking...hate you....Valve!!!!!

I have no money! Why must you do this to me????

EDIT: Its okay...these sales will still be here after Christams. I will get some of them.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Basileus777 said:
Apparently Indigo Prophecy doesn't work with 360 controllers. Is it worth playing through with a M/KB? I can imagine all those QTEs might be a pain.

It doesn't ?

Close call if that's true, was just about going to hit buy, I can't imagine playing this game without controller, dam shame tbh.

bathala

Banned
Brandon F said:
Fuck, debating double dipping on WItcher EE for $13 JUST for Steam play convenience(No CD).

GAH!
get it.
I got the physical copy too, and also bought a steam version for $20 when it went on sale. For 13 that's a steal

Proc

Ohh shitt. It's pay day tomorrow and i'm going to get mine my droogies! This is real horrorshow like of steam.

TheExodu5

Banned
I just bought FFXI 2 days agp for $20. :(

Also, it is a good game. Controls better with a gamepad though. Don't expect it to be WoW, at all.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I like almost every game is on Sale but Activision is keeping firm on their 59.99 price tag on MW2. Oh greed :lol

Maybe it will be one of those 1 day only things where they take a whopping 5 dollars off or something.

JudgeN

Can someone help me out, I got ME but it runs like dog shit 20-21 FPS on my HD 4870/Q6600 3.6 ghz, I turned off Phys X but it still seems to be on somewhere. Anyone got any idea's?

And Aquaria for $10 is so bought :D

kamspy

I've already spent all my money on others. :[

Steam should have a 'tax return season' sale instead of a damn holiday sale. :[

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
neostapler said:
The Void is 50% off ($9.99)
have seen some people blow their loads all over this game, so that may be worth picking up

Awesome deal for the most fascinating game of the year.

Blizzard

Banned
JudgeN said:
Can someone help me out, I got ME but it runs like dog shit 20-21 FPS on my HD 4870/Q6600 3.6 ghz, I turned off Phys X but it still seems to be on somewhere. Anyone got any idea's?

And Aquaria for $10 is so bought :D
Mirror's Edge? It runs fine on a 4850, just make sure PhysX is turned off and restart maybe. :/ If that fails, you may have to ask in the official thread or the forums.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
kamspy said:
I've already spent all my money on others. :[

Steam should have a 'tax return season' sale instead of a damn holiday sale. :[

if you are a real american you will just buy on credit and deal with the consequences later

jasonng

So far I bought

Mirror's Edge
GTA 4
Ghostbusters

all for under 20 dollars. I don't know if I'm going to make it through this sale alive.

Oli

Are the Oddworld games worth it? 2 something for the combo pack... Not sure if they'd run on my laptop though.

Edit: Also, Beyond Good & Evil for $5! Will it run on Vista / and does it have decent keyboard and mouse controls?

Chris R

Really want to see 20$ Fallout 3 GOTY.

Considering Witcher and Unreal Pack (would rather see UT3:B for 5$ or whatever instead though)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Some games, like Final Fantasy XI and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 don't appear. I'll hold off from buying anything for now =P

NightHawk17 said:
do people still play FF11? cause i'm looking for an mmo to play, it's either FF11,Aion, or Champions Online

Bunch of us play on Fairy server. Check the "Returning to FFXI?" thread that pops up on the front page from time to time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
deus ex 6.69 <-----------------------------------------------
deus ex 2 6.69
red faction guerilla 19.99
red faction 2 4.99
red faction 4.99
saints row 2 14.99

daebo

I'm at work and really can't see, but is everything that has been listed good until thursday when I get paid :lol

it's really sad that i want to buy most of these.

Saterium

Hoooooooooooooly shit..

I'm so glad I put some money aside in anticipation for this.

Im trying to buy shit but half the time the lists don't load. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Proc

This is bad, this is really bad.

I'm going to see if borderlands is one of the daily sales but I am doubtful.

Red faction guerrilla is very tempting at $20.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
daebo said:
I'm at work and really can't see, but is everything that has been listed good until thursday when I get paid :lol

it's really sad that i want to buy most of these.

good for the next 40 hours:
gta 4 7.49
mirror's edge 4.99
defense grid 2.49
stalker shadow of chernobyl 1.99
operation flashpoint dragon rising 19.99

everything else:
good until january 3rd

Ettie

Wow. I hope I get some cashish for Christmas.

Will new titles be added to the sale as it goes along? Hoping for a schweet deal on Drakensang.

TheExodu5

Banned
NightHawk17 said:
do people still play FF11? cause i'm looking for an mmo to play, it's either FF11,Aion, or Champions Online

I just got it...it's somewhat barren in the lower zones (I'm probably in an underpopulated server though). It's fun, if you can get a hang of the controller oriented interface. Also, you pretty much need to registry tweak it to get it to look good, and PlayOnline is a big POS.

Aion is fun, and much more WoW like if you're looking for that.

I hear to avoid Champions Online.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm surprised gears of war isn't on steam and in the unreal pack. Heck if it was $8 on steam through this sale i would pick it up. Never bothered to play it.

Trying to go through it all now, i have no idea what to get. :lol

I picked up:
Time Gentlemen, Please!
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Indigo Prophecy
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Braid
Rome: Total War Gold

It's tempting to double-dip on GTA4 at that price but I think I'll hold off.

kai3345

Banned
nuke.jpg

Top Bottom