• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much every game I've wanted to win the Community vote has lost. I guess it's saving me some money, so I can't complain
I'll complain anyway

chixdiggit

Nether is so damn good. Infuriating when nothing goes your way but so rewarding when things go right.
Two randoms tried attacking me right outside an outpost but didn't realize I was rolling with a friend. They had automatic weapons while my friend had a pistol and me a crowbar. Somehow after it was all said and done my friend and the two others died with me left to make 7 trips to my global inventory to get all the loot that I later split with my friend. I feel so rich.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if Cacpom is going to put their games on sale very soon because I don't understand why they removed the sales from Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2 (and probably many others) they were both heavy discounted until January 2nd and now they are back to full price.

It's a reverse daily deal! Seriously though, Capcom is usually as bad or worse than Activision when it comes to sales sometimes.

NotSelf

4e58fcef3b637bd69c0089aa7ce7abefd49f9137.jpg

I've been playing since halloween can't stop.

Kaper

You need to start using that power for good. Vote for games you don't want, so the games that you want will win.

The best strategy is to look at the game GAF recommends you vote for the most, and then not vote for that game because it won't win.

tjohn86

Nether is so damn good. Infuriating when nothing goes your way but so rewarding when things go right.
Two randoms tried attacking me right outside an outpost but didn't realize I was rolling with a friend. They had automatic weapons while my friend had a pistol and me a crowbar. Somehow after it was all said and done my friend and the two others died with me left to make 7 trips to my global inventory to get all the loot that I later split with my friend. I feel so rich.

How bad is the micro transaction stuff? The "nether gold" pitch really put me off.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I'm working on a new option / feature for Enhanced Steam: the ability to hide DLC in search results of games you do not own. It looks like this:

Without the option checked, you can see all kinds of EUIV DLC for sale!
M5cs62e.png

With the option checked, however (since I don't own EUIV):
d3cZkZl.png

Hopefully people will find this option useful!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posting again before the madness:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 Origin -- MB-1A14FE66AC989C1F
The Showdown Effect -- MB-BC67272957599280
War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-05F72E2726FF7489
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Origin -- MB-202DC66E6BD3C447

t1387916753z1.png

Whoever wins Sims 3, please PM me, I will also be giving you the expansion and DLC to go with it.

DustinC

So far the best surprise out of this winter sale has been Shadow Warrior for me. Not sure how I missed it at release, but I'm glad I picked it up here. Would have bit on BL2 GOTY yesterday if the price hadn't changed while I was work. Here's hoping today's deals are better!

I could also use a more robust friends list than what I currently have: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jackburtonlives

Shaldome

So I'm working on a new option / feature for Enhanced Steam: the ability to hide DLC in search results of games you do not own. It looks like this:

I did put it to good use actually for the purchases of some CKII DLC. Thanks for that!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
To credit the poster. The code works. Was $4.70 or something.

Oh. :/

I don't really use GMG, but the fact Beth didn't put it on sale for cheaper during the TWO dailies they got with 4-5 is a bit infuriating.

chixdiggit

How bad is the micro transaction stuff? The "nether gold" pitch really put me off.

It's mainly cosmetic stuff. The cosmetic stuff is the only things that don't drop on death.

I think you can use the gold to get some common items but it's all dropped on death. So you can just as easy find the stuff by scavenging or from somebody you took out.

I bought the cheap pack with no gold and am doing just fine.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What is this coming madness GK86 speaks of? This is my first time following Steam sales or even using Steam outside of launching TF2. I'll admit though I've missed out on a TON, and GAF has helped me get back on track.

Backlogger

It would be. I frequently find myself scrolling through DLC for a game containing keywords from my search but not the game I'm looking for. Some games have lots of DLC. Its also helpful if you are just trying to find the base game. I usually just click on the DLC link and then click into the base game from there rather than look for it. Good addition IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom