• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Let me quote my impressions.
Life is Strange Episode 1 Impressions

The game is similar to Telltale The Walking Dead series but it brings enough things to have its own identity and unique mechanics to bring to the table thanks to the rewind mechanics of the game and the way it handles the interactions.

Gameplay is pretty much exploring around and making decisions or fixing mistakes that will affect later outcomes in the game. Some decisions that we may have done with good intentions might have bad results for you or others in the future and overall change the development of things. The rewinding puzzles will make you sometimes wonder if that was the correct decision later on when you wont be able to fix those events making it something that you will want to explore more into the decisions the game has..

The story doesnt follow the usual settings and stories on for these types games. It has a few cringe worthy lines around but for most of the time you'll feel the characters different layers thanks to the interactions and how they add to the mystery of the story. The mean characters might have a softer spot if you look around carefully and some that you might think are softies might have some bad things to say. Make sure to rewind and try different options to see direct outcomes at the moment and some that might have big consequences later.

As for the characters they have their own unique looks and personalities which you'll appreciate despite not being able to interact as much as you would like (Pretty much saving more interactions for the other episodes to be expected.) The main 2 characters are easy to get along with and you'll want to see how their relationship develops through the game.

The game has a beautiful artstyle with excellent atmosphere. You'll want to explore the areas of Arcadia Bay as much as you can and take as many pictures you can of its beauty. There might be an odd/ugly texture here or there but for most of the part is a beautiful looking game that performs well.

Also adding to the visuals the game features a soundtrack that fits the whole atmosphere and indie vibe the game has going on. The voice acting is mostly nice but the lip syncing is off for most of the parts. The SFX are realistic so there is nothing much to say that is fitting to the events that happen within the game.

Overall if you want to play a Story Driven/Movie Like game this game is highly recommended.

Why is Stump's avatar says RIP Eatchildren? Did he passed away? Not really in touch with GAF these past few days, I'm just checking it for headlines and all.
```````````````````````````````````````````````
I'll try to get in with the Ryse deal later. Hopefully the deal is still up.

Lain

Dont you guys wish more devs were like chubigans, telling you all those info about their games and how well/bad they did for them?

^
I think it's because he stepped down as a mod?

Why?
Now Idea Factory will bring out all of its crappy titles to Steam.
Then people will buy them, try to play them and then figure out jRPGs are no fun.
And then they won't buy another one ever, even if Atlus, Gust or tri-Ace finally release something.

You take my word for it, Nep Nep just killed potential Resonance of Fate, Persona or Atelier Steam ports... :(
Arthea, is Nep Nep any good? Thinking about buying it. Honest opinion would be appreciated.

I understand your concern.
The JRPGs stream on Steam from 2013 to this early 2015 was rather average, and it makes JRPGs look "meh" for average (uninformed) Steam users. Don't worry though, as there are great JRPGs as well, such as the YS series, Last Remnant, Trails in the Sky and Valkyria Chronicles. FF XIII was also decent enough for showcasing what JRPGs are. Not to mention the re-release of old JRPG masterpiece such as FF VII and VIII. I believe most Steam users are well informed about JRPGs already.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Stump's avatar says RIP Eatchildren? Did he passed away? Not really in touch with GAF these past few days, I'm just checking it for headlines and all.
```````````````````````````````````````````````
I'll try to get in with the Ryse deal later. Hopefully the deal is still up.

EC is no longer a mod.

Ryse is still on sale for US$10.

baterism

Buying an anime game and not being able to idle its cards is the worst feeling in the world.

Didn't expect Neptunia to do so well, honestly.

That kinda like, happen everytime a with-name JRPG releaseed on Steam. It is either being on Steam top ten means selling only several thousands copies, or most JRPG publishers really hate money.

Edit: Neptunia still hasn't got cards? I went to market to check the price but no sight of them.

At this point I probably should just stop collecting stuff and finish the campaign. Then I can put it away as a +1 for my 52 games.

I got side-tracked a lot collecting stuff during the free weekend and never finished the campaign. It's would be pretty time consuming to complete everything so yeah, probably best to just finish the campaign for the time being.

wilflare

any good deals I should take note of?

if anyone needs help with Ryse for $10 at Gamestop - let me know, I can help
just send me PayPal will do.

drop me a PM

so NepNep on Steam didn't turn out too good?

Hugstable

Banned
any good deals I should take note of?

if anyone needs help with Ryse for $10 at Gamestop - let me know, I can help
just send me PayPal will do.

drop me a PM

so NepNep on Steam didn't turn out too good?

OT has alot of posters saying they are getting crashing issues, as well as the game actually being 900p and not 1080p like it was said to be.

I still might try it out since it's so cheap lol

Knurek

I hate, hate, hate going to a doctor.
Played whole 10 minutes yesterday, rest of my off-work time was spent waiting in a queue...
Thank god for eReaders, but still, where's my gaming time. :(

OT has alot of posters saying they are getting crashing issues, as well as the game actually being 900p and not 1080p like it was said to be.

Wait, what?!
Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-500-281.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
At this point I probably should just stop collecting stuff and finish the campaign. Then I can put it away as a +1 for my 52 games.

i said that and ended up 100%'ing it anyways

i thought collecting the orbs was entertaining cos traversal in that game (and in gat too) is pretty fun, but the actual filler missions not so much, specially after so many games

like the insurance fraud thing that once was so cool is just not funny or interesting or anything anymore

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DillonMabry, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-5B383A11A2375A4F - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-5B934D34D15CCF2B - Taken by TheMadMan007. 21 entrants total.
Nidhogg -- MB-F7C25EA86081FDA8 - Taken by Shalashaska. 16 entrants total.
Endless Space -- MB-9A5E365C36A52674 - Taken by topyy. 12 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Electronic Super Joy: Groove City was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dungeon of the Endless was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nidhogg was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Endless Space was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1422606912z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do we have a timeline of events on what happened with NOLF since Night Dive filed for trademark?

tsdr81uar.jpg

WB filed the request to have the time to oppose extended on the day before the trademark was due to be awarded, which added a month, and then requested another extension a few weeks later, which added a further two months. The USPTO site doesn't seem to offer any info on how oppositions affect the issuing of registration certificates and notices of allowance, which in ideal scenarios occur 12 weeks after the trademark publication date (December 16th for NOLF, but obviously that date has come and gone).

Dr Dogg

This not buying games thing is really starting to grate on me. Doesn't help I see everyone else on my activity feed spending with reckless abandon. Be it Fahrenheit Spit and Polish Edition, Life is Strange 20% Edition or some JRPG that looks like you might have to sign a register of sorts to be your kind of thing. In my loopy hair brained idea of only 5 new games this year I've only got 2 left and that still hasn't quelled the urges to spend. Saying that got the dentist later this morning so that's me probably fucked financially anyway.

Is it bad that I'm really interested in Life is Strange, but won't buy it until all the episodes are released?

That's what I plan to do with Life is Strange and RE Revelations 2. Rather see what the whole package is like that get drawn in by a good reception to the first instalment and then it end on a whimper. You can tell I bought a few of TellTale's earier releases.

He explained his joke, 7/10.

Also broke rules 1 & 2 of Pun Club.

Just got a 60% off Fable Anniversary coupon that's good until tomorrow at 8AM Pacific... err, OK. Why would anyone generate a 12 hour coupon?

Preying on the impulse sales. You can have it for 60% off but only for 12 hours. Manufactured urgency.

Also OT but I freaked out after seeing your new avatar. I searched and searched both sides of the forum to see if anything had happened to Eats but then find him alive and well and still posting though a little less red than before.

Sleeping Dogs? :)

Ha!

Messiah

I still might try it out since it's so cheap lol

You can only change the resolution to 900p. Here's the thing though. It does only apply to windowed mode.

Once you change into fullscreen the game uses your native resolution and supports 1080p. Never change Japan.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's clearly the anti-platinum, anti-mass effect, anti half-life bias of NeoGAF.com that made him step down. Wake up sheeple.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like Life Is Strange. It fulfills my secret desire to get revenge on basic white girls

i really very much enjoyed that scene that lets you
burn those bitchy teenager girls
in beyond two souls

hearing there's some of that in life is strange is heartening

boring saoirse giving real answer

ethics in games forum moderation
Gamergate ISIS Obama Evilore corruption journalist integrity blackmail racist policeman whores and cocaine, in that order.
It's clearly the anti-platinum, anti-mass effect, anti half-life bias of NeoGAF.com that made him step down. Wake up sheeple.

see, this is what i wanted

DocSeuss

tsdr81uar.jpg

WB filed the request to have the time to oppose extended on the day before the trademark was due to be awarded, which added a month, and then requested another extension a few weeks later, which added a further two months. The USPTO site doesn't seem to offer any info on how oppositions affect the issuing of registration certificates and notices of allowance, which in ideal scenarios occur 12 weeks after the trademark publication date (December 16th for NOLF, but obviously that date has come and gone).

Right, but wasn't there something earlier this month as well?

JaseC

Right, but wasn't there something earlier this month as well?

WB either didn't file for or wasn't granted another extension, so its time to oppose came to a close a little over a week ago, but there's been no update on the proceedings.

jediyoshi

Speaking of WB, I just got an email for an in person playtest coming up in my area. Two 10 hour sessions, though the reward will be:

"4 currently released games
2 of the following games that will be released in 2015 (Mortal Kombat X, Batman: Arkham Knight, Dying Light, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
A $25 Amazon gift card"

Signed up even though the first day of testing is
on my birthday.

If I get in, I'll ask for all the hot scoops.

JaseC

Speaking of WB, I just got an email for an in person playtest coming up in my area. Two 10 hour sessions, though the reward will be:

2 of the following games that will be released in 2015 (Mortal Kombat X, Batman: Arkham Knight, Dying Light, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
A $25 Amazon gift card"

on my birthday.

I'll be your best friend if you can get me a Steam key for Arkham Asylum vanilla. ;)

Oublieux

A $25 Amazon gift card"

on my birthday.

Are these opportunities found online or something? Would be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom