• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Ugh, current market price...don't remind me. Any day now you just know Valve is gonna drop the hammer and jack up the Canadian price to reflect the current dollar, even though my income didn't change.

Maybe they'll let us slide under the radar. Can only hope.
:c

kevin1025

Banned
Ugh, current market price...don't remind me. Any day now you just know Valve is gonna drop the hammer and jack up the Canadian price to reflect the current dollar, even though my income didn't change.

That will be a dark day indeed. It is not fun as it is, some of the medium-sized markups.

Got through the first major choice in Life is Strange and stopped once it saved. Really interesting so far. It nails that "90's teen drama" feel so far.

so i saw life is strange for the first time, the launch trailer. lmfaoo that shit looks so cheesy that I want it. i was actually laughing when that song started to play. nah but it looks pretty interesting. I'll keep it in mind when the game is done.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If it gets worse, Valve will just add Canada to the ACRTAG group. ;)

Messiah

Buying an anime game and not being able to idle its cards is the worst feeling in the world.

BUWzZPu.png
Didn't expect Neptunia to do so well, honestly.

Teggy

Still getting into the gameplay of Life is Strange, but that delayed title card is now one of my all time favorite starts to a game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'd be a lot more excited about life is strange if the supernatural stuff wasn't there

i still forever want my veronica mars game

Crayons

Banned
Am I the only one with audio issues in life is strange? Every time a character speaks, there's an echo a second later

Oh, I should probably install my graphics drivers. Hehe...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i think i'd be a lot more excited about life is strange if the supernatural stuff wasn't there

i still forever want my veronica mars game

yeah nothing supernatural in veronica mars

except for that time that a dead girl's ghost saved her best friend from being in a fatal bus crash

Zafir

So, just finished the first episode of Life is Strange. Was interesting, love the art style and music. Took me about 2hours, and that's with examining pretty much everything. I missed some of the optional photos though, I guess they were hidden really well.

Am I the only one with audio issues in life is strange? Every time a character speaks, there's an echo a second later

Oh, I should probably install my graphics drivers. Hehe...

I had the audio cut out twice throughout the episode, besides that no issues.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just got a 60% off Fable Anniversary coupon that's good until tomorrow at 8AM Pacific... err, OK. Why would anyone generate a 12 hour coupon?

Lain

Grabbed Nep with DLC and installing Life is Strange to give it a go. Now I just need to see Raven's Cry get another delay today for the start of a good morning to be a go.

Picked up a 970... Yeah yeah, even with the issues, it's the best card I can get right now.
Death before Team Red.

Everything looks so good. So far I've only played Ground Zeroes and Dark Souls, but it's all so sexy. At this point, my (first) gaming PC is practically finished. Still need to pick up an HDD that's bigger than the one I cannibalized, and an optical drive (yes, I still dig physical media). But the meat of the machine is mine now. #feelsgood

Now my problem is, since I can actually run most stuff now, I desperately want to get my hands on the more recent games. Can't wait to pick up Shadows of Mordor and Wolfenstein.

Anyways, you lose Junior status when you hit 300 posts, right? I'm almost there, so to celebrate cool stuff happening... Have some goodies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack -- MB-5B934D34D15CCF2B - Taken by TheMadMan007. 21 entrants total.
Endless Space - Emperor Edition -- MB-9A5E365C36A52674 - Taken by topyy. 12 entrants total.
Nidhogg -- MB-F7C25EA86081FDA8 - Taken by Shalashaska. 16 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-5B383A11A2375A4F - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.
t1422606912z1.png

Ninian

Neo Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ninian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GENTLEMEN! -- MB-5DADF73BB975395F - Taken by agniswarm
Borealis -- MB-65369CD82295A515 - Taken by factorone
9.03M -- MB-28933529DC500669 - Taken by drakaenae
Draw a Stickman: Epic -- MB-0E4009569C19A858 - Taken by ExoSoul
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games -- MB-B0F585A74676F9E5 - Taken by someguyinahat
Gateways -- MB-88E4D1933EB26C73 - Taken by Loptous
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-0DB9AD67D746ADF6 - Taken by hepburn3d
Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-C53AB65F86F08B4A - Taken by Blu(e)
Avernum: Escape from the Pit -- MB-FAF651761AB14C2C - Taken by Akuosa

Zafir

Grabbed Nep with DLC and installing Life is Strange to give it a go. Now I just need to see Raven's Cry get another delay today for the start of a good morning to be a go.

They did put it back up for release, that tells me they at least thought they'd deliver.... Maybe?

oipic

Anyways, you lose Junior status when you hit 300 posts, right? I'm almost there, so to celebrate cool stuff happening... Have some goodies.

Yep, should tick over to member status with your next post - congrats. :)

(and thanks for the giveaway, too, of course!)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Ys: Oath in Felghana on Inferno mode. It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. The only problem it has is that you are absolutely forced to grind, otherwise mob enemies will oneshot you... Sometimes they're harder than the bosses, even. The difference between nightmare and inferno bosses is that you'd only be able to take two hits to die instead of the usual 3-4 unless you grind some more (e.g. if you fought a boss at level 16 before, you should be at level 17-18 instead).

Fucking Death Faleon though. This is the first time I've really gotten stuck on Inferno. He was the fucking worst even on Very Easy mode.

Knurek

http://i.imgur.com/BUWzZPu.png
Didn't expect Neptunia to do so well, honestly.

Why?
Now Idea Factory will bring out all of its crappy titles to Steam.
Then people will buy them, try to play them and then figure out jRPGs are no fun.
And then they won't buy another one ever, even if Atlus, Gust or tri-Ace finally release something.

You take my word for it, Nep Nep just killed potential Resonance of Fate, Persona or Atelier Steam ports... :(
Arthea, is Nep Nep any good? Thinking about buying it. Honest opinion would be appreciated.

Why?
Now Idea Factory will bring out all of its crappy titles to Steam.
Then people will buy them, try to play them and then figure out jRPGs are no fun.
And then they won't buy another one ever, even if Atlus, Gust or tri-Ace finally release something.

You take my word for it, Nep Nep just killed potential Resonance of Fate, Persona or Atelier Steam ports... :(
Arthea, is Nep Nep any good? Thinking about buying it. Honest opinion would be appreciated.

Wasnt Agarest also by idea factory?

Then I would say people would have already gotten turned off by that. I enjoyed it after getting into it, but as a JRPG/SRPG it wasnt really good. Agarest Zero was better, but it still had a lot of odd design choices.

I still dont know how I could finish Agarest Zero without even having the overpowered DLC weapons (that get nerfed in the second generation...)

Finished Duke Nukem Forever tonight. I didn't think it was as bad as everyone says it was. It is by no means great, but I found some of the sections to be enjoyable. I found the puzzles and the shrinking sections to be quite enjoyable. The combat I could do without, though.

Finished Duke Nukem Forever tonight. I didn't think it was as bad as everyone says it was. It is by no means great, but I found some of the sections to be enjoyable. I found the puzzles and the shrinking sections to be quite enjoyable. The combat I could do without, though.

I would still say you can really notice which of the sections were, at least from the groundwork, made in the late 90s/early 00s and which ones were added at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom