• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something, something, MGS, something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWc2GNtBurY

Konami take down notice in 3, 2, 1
I have the feeling it would be smarter to keep your project secret until you release to "circumvent" c&d.
Are they any good? And they are not on Steam?
you do understand that one and two dimensional games don't allow even basic shapes

sorry
I'm just doing silly jokes.

You guys are killing my already flat-lining jokes XD

Arthea

I have the feeling it would be smarter to keep your project secret until you release to "circumvent" c&d.

I'm just doing silly jokes.

You guys are killing my already flat-lining jokes XD
at this point I'm not sure Konami even cares this much.

I decided to take advantage of your joke, it didn't make yours any worse, you know!

Killer7 IP belongs to Capcom.

allyourbasearebelongtous.jpg?

Anteater

I am a Ranger but my mage pawn destroys everyone. I wish he would buff me more though.

it's basically that, cast the right debuffs and watch its effect on enemies, cast the huge spells and see it get wrecked, it's not as involved as melee characters, although some people do seem to like it

Grief.exe

No Linux version for Danganronpa, that would have been the perfect game to sit down with a low power laptop, from bed, with a cup of coffee.

Just like Monk intended.

header.jpg

Arthea

that's some interesting positioning of that pointer

aside from lols, Dang (my nickname for this game from now on) looks like all kinds of right insane levels.

About to get blocked by Kimiya fam, gotta swing for the stars though.

https://i.imgur.com/yQH1nW6.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

keep doing what you are doing grief, you have my support

Jawmuncher

I'll buy Danganronpa when they bring over Ultra Despair Girls. After finishing 2 last year, I came to the conclusion that I like the series. But not enough to double dip at full price, if at all. Hopefully everyone else makes it successful so the whole series makes it to steam though. However I think I'll still buy 3 on vita. UDG is really the only one I want, since I heard its performance is pretty bad on vita.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
About to get blocked by Kamiya fam, gotta swing for the stars though.

yQH1nW6.png
I can already think of an appropriate reply
"BLOCKED, I am not management you moron." or something like that.
Though I goddamn hope it's just a delayed release for pc, it being a ps4 exclusive for no reason would suck.

Grief.exe

don't ask kamiya

try asking the producers

That's Yoko Taro, PG_jp is Kellams who frequently responds to my tweets, Kamiya was mostly a joke I don't expect him to respond.

Hopefully your answer from them won't be....

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder_t269x200.jpg

Capcom's face after Dragon's Dogma port, Platinum could be the same way.

fXXALZa.gif

and maybe SE too? their publisher

I should have thought of that, plenty of time to tweet them again between now and release.

AHA-Lambda

Videogamer doing a playthrough of Omikron, got to say it looks crap

"I wonder what David Cage will do next?"
"you mean that game Detroit?"
"Oh yeah! Waaah, I watched Robocop when I was drunk and tried to rewrite it. Waaah, it's so emotional, the robots have feelings!"

XD

https://youtu.be/2PgtcjRTHQo

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Killer7 would be an interesting candidate for Capcom to bring to PC.

But I think it's in the unfortunate niche of IPs/games they own they just don't do anything with. Capcom technically also owns the Clock Tower series, but it looks like they aren't ever going to do anything with that again, or the spin-off Haunting Ground. And of course, our continual Dino Crisis here on the Steam-side.

Don't get me wrong, being a horror fan I am quite happy that Resident Evil seems to have been Capcom's first big concern of bringing the whole series over to Steam, again we're very close to having the whole main series on Steam... But they have so many great titles under their belt, it is tempting to want more. Problem is, some of these come from IPs or titles they just haven't done anything with for years.

zkylon

zkylewd
Killer7 would be an interesting candidate for Capcom to bring to PC.

But I think it's in the unfortunate niche of IPs/games they own they just don't do anything with. Capcom technically also owns the Clock Tower series, but it looks like they aren't ever going to do anything with that again, or the spin-off Haunting Ground. And of course, our continual Dino Crisis here on the Steam-side.

Don't get me wrong, being a horror fan I am quite happy that Resident Evil seems to have been Capcom's first big concern of bringing the whole series over to Steam, again we're very close to having the whole main series on Steam... But they have so many great titles under their belt, it is tempting to want more. Problem is, some of these come from IPs or titles they just haven't done anything with for years.
have any of those games been rereleased?

cos if not, who knows if they still have the code lol

to me it'd be awesome to see okami on pc

Jawmuncher

Dino Crisis is still in their top 20 best sellers. Also looking at their Platinum sellers list, there's a lot missing that has had numerous releases. For example Okami isn't anywhere on the list. Despite a Wii, PS2, and PS3 launch.

With that data alone, unless it's a very easy port. I could see whatever is coming next being something that hasn't gotten a chance in awhile. Like God Hand or Asura's Wrath of were talking clut status titles.

Anteater

Dino Crisis is still in their top 20 best sellers. Also looking at their Platinum sellers list, there's a lot missing that has had numerous releases. For example Okami isn't anywhere on the list. Despite a Wii, PS2, and PS3 launch.

With that data alone, unless it's a very easy port. I could see whatever is coming next being something that hasn't gotten a chance in awhile. Like God Hand or Asura's Wrath of were talking clut status titles.

okami was known to sell like shit, somehow they made okami HD ps3 exclusive and digital only

Jawmuncher

okami was known to sell like shit, somehow they made okami HD ps3 exclusive and digital only

It was retail in Japan. Still was always odd the push they tried to give Okami even though no one gave a shit it seems. Multiple ports, Rep in MVC3, DS sequel/prequel (Whatever it was). Someone at capcom HQ must really like Okami.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Nier is such a silly title for a videogame. It alway's makes me smile.
Only strengthened by knowing that nier means kidney in Dutch.

It's becoming way too challenging to find a Ps3 version unused and cheap. I would love to see Nier coming to Steam. I'd think it's a great time, with it's sequel being announced and all.

Jawmuncher

Nier is such a silly title for a videogame. It alway's makes me smile.
Only strengthened by knowing that nier means kidney in Dutch.

It's becoming way too challenging to find a Ps3 version unused and cheap. I would love to see Nier coming to Steam. I'd think it's a great time, with it's sequel being announced and all.

Do you not have a 360? Those are still cheap and run better than the PS3 versions.

Tonight's story in Dragon's Dogma.

Came across this windy cave that is full of harpies. In the middle of it, two of my pawns got slaughtered a.k.a thrown off the cliff by the damned harpies. So it was just two of us left, me the assasin and my friend's handy ranger pawn. We both managed to kill the rest of the harpies and some goblins along the way. And then a huge orc is waiting for us at a narrow path, blocking us from our objective. Saw my ranger's health in red, I almost surrender and go back to town to gather my party for revenge. But then the little ranger just shot her arrows away and took a lucky shot on the ogre's chest, and it just fell of the cliff! 10/10 would rent her forever.

Jawmuncher

yeah in japan, I was talking about the west where digital releases are a huge thing on steam more so than on consoles

Depends, digital can do just fine on consoles. The FF7 ps4 release is apparently already past 1 million. But PC does offer better life long sales of a title. Still doesn't change the fact that across 3 version it apparently hasn't broken a million yet.

Anteater

Depends, digital can do just fine on consoles. The FF7 ps4 release is apparently already past 1 million. But PC does offer better life long sales of a title. Still doesn't change the fact that across 3 version it apparently hasn't broken a million yet.

yeah ff7 is an incredibly well known franchise on the playstation tho

but maybe it's gaf where I see a shitload of people complaining about no physical releases that I think it actually matters :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
have any of those games been rereleased?

cos if not, who knows if they still have the code lol

to me it'd be awesome to see okami on pc

To go down off what I mention:

-Killer7 has had a Gamecube and a PS2 version, but nothing after that. Also as Capcom wasn't first-party developing it, I'm not sure if they'd have the core files anymore, though maybe Grasshopper would, or someone. Capcom does own the rights to it though, it was one of their Capcom 7 (or whatever number it was) titles they were making on Gamecube alongside the Resident Evils of the time and P.N.0.3).

-Clock Tower games. Now this is tricky. There are four Clock Tower games, but only one was published by Capcom when Capcom bought the rights to the series. But to my understanding, I think when buying the rights they also bought the rights to the older games. However, after releasing Clock Tower 3 and making a spin-off I'll get to next, they haven't done a single thing with the IP outside of making a cameo appearance in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. And to make matters worse, while 3/4 gaes released in English, the original Clock Tower has never had an official English release. And of course, the first Clock Tower game is also the only CT game to have ever had a PC release.

-Haunting Ground was PS2-only, it had no re-releases of any kind. However, I do believe they may still have the source code. Haunting Ground famously uses various assets from Resident Evil 4, and they have shown they still have the assets from that era of development (Resident Evil 4 is the obvious one, but they also used Outbreak's assets for Umbrella Chronicles as an example). Of course, no guarentee, but this was a late PS2 game and it shared heavy development ties with RE4 (the dog you meet in RE4 is a beta version of Hewie from Haunting Ground, Haunting Ground has some of the scrapped rooms and assets you can see in early videos of RE4, it's also evident the main villain of Haunting Ground was originally sprited to be Ozwell E. Spencer of Resident Evil from found concept art of RE4, but they re-purposed him as the main villain of Haunting Ground... which is weird since the actual appearance of Ozwell in RE5 looks about the same anyway). There's no direct evidence to say they have Haunting Grounds code, but there's a higher chance.

-Dino Crisis 1 & 2 both had PC ports that still work pretty decently. Capcom could reverse engineer even if they didn't have the source files, but it more seems like Capcom has been ignoring this series existence mostly since Dino Crisis 3, which is a shame.

But then, Capcom may just be doing some priorities first. I mean, speaking of Resident Evil games, we still don't have Code Veronica though an MT Framework version is already done and it shouldn't be THAT hard then to port it to PC (though maybe they have other plans for CV? Maybe they want to do an HD Remaster of Code Veronica and update it graphically? A thought, since CV does use 3D models they could do more than REmake or Zero). They also have MT Framework versions of Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles they released on PS3 and haven't done anything with for PC either. So maybe they are just tackling things by some list or order they have since they're not specifically taking the easiest decisions; REmake as an example definitely wasn't the easiest RE game even to port to Steam, and RE4 they could of released the old PC version but they reworked and made a new version from it.

Jawmuncher

yeah ff7 is an incredibly well known franchise on the playstation tho

but maybe it's gaf where I see a shitload of people complaining about no physical releases that I think it actually matters :p

I think a retail release in the west would have helped. But not hugely so.

Capcom's face after Dragon's Dogma port, Platinum could be the same way.

fXXALZa.gif
I do wonder what is going on behind the curtains and how the upper brass at some Japanese pubs are looking at the success of some Japanese ports of mainly old games (Dragon's Dogma, Valkyria Chronicles).
People can have an antiquated mindset but businessmen follow success and money. They can't possibly be that blind to see an untapped market with fairly easy money lying there. The landscape could change with the years passing and PC users not anymore being excited and "jumping on anything Japanese". Who acts quick and selects smartly what to port will be successful.

SMT/Persona Atlus wink-wink, nudge-nudge
Damn this is bad. I heard that game works bad on X1 but this is awful xD

Ark: Survival Evolved Xbox One Frame-Rate Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_w9uIClgPM&feature=youtu.be
624p and a steady sub-20fps experience.

Sure, it's EA but man....

Arthea

BTW, Nier IP belongs to SE, so you know that buying FF5 and 6, not to mention FF9, makes it more possible, just sayin
oh yeah, Lightning games and FF0 too, not sure Tomb Raider can rise up to this challenge.

Jawmuncher

With it being the 20th anniversary of Resident Evil this year. I could see them giving the priority to that series. So I could see a CVX or other port come to steam.

There were no Marvel vs. Capcom OGs in UMvC3, so that means the next game should be Marvel vs. Capcom.

The original was on XBLA/PSN for awhile. But yeah I would love for a new MvC game. At this point though unless someone is paying. It might be awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom