• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized The Small Ones didn't come out for This War of Mine on PC? Was that why there was the whole "the developer don't care about their first fans" talk yesterday?

I actually think I'm gonna wait on The Witness. Only because I'm currently doing a playthrough of FF VII, Until Dawn, Oxenfree and Yakuza already.

Street Fighter V will have to wait until after my vacation as well. I'll practice Tekken Tag 2 instead.

Might pick up Wayward Souls on iOS though. Heard that ones a really good Dark Souls clone for mobile.
Disgaea will also be out by the end of your vacation too, just saying. Also you liking until dawn, anyone died for you yet?

Jawmuncher

You're better off not using any of these small name marketers. They take way too much for barely any worthwhile advertising.
People recommending games in the steam thread have probably made people buy more copies.

Ozium

anyone who gave a cursory glance to Black Shell Media's MO should know they are shady.. like constantly giving away their published games, their published games showing up in bundles almost immediately (at one point bundlestars had a bundle that was 80% black shell media published titles)

dex3108

XCOM 2 is so good that it takes 2 places in Top Seller list on Steam XD

Hyljjup.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nobody wants to party up with BernardoOne, bunch of racists

Abomination_portrait_roster.png

zkylon

zkylewd
flattery won't get you anywhere, but thanks
you don't have to be passive aggressive every time someone criticizes something you like

you can tell me you think i'm full of shit without belittling my opinion by just providing context for why you think i'm full of shit

titch

Doing a little wishlist pruning. Are any of these worth playing?

Spaceport Hope - keep on meaning to play this will fire it up and have a go - can see why it has positive reviews.

Prompt - only played it for a bit but liked what i played

A Pixel Story - Pretty sure Toma had this in his hidden gems thread during the steam sale.

Volimar

oh wow at xcom 2 not having controller support

I loved the gamepad controls on the first. played the whole thing on a TV laying in bed and I much rather do that than the desk since its a slow game with no need for precision

really bummed. shit.

Wow, really? That's dumb. I mean I can play XCOM with kb/m but I prefer controller. Dumb not to have it in on a big title in this day and age.

ugoo18

Finally got around to playing Contrast and Tembo The Badass Elephant.

Gave up on Tembo completely, it has some pretty bad framerate issues :/ and feels like there's a bit of input lag even when it does run at 60fps. A shame too because the first section was decently fun.

Contrast on the other hand is surprisingly short but enjoyable, kind of reminded me of Alice Madness Returns.

Dr Dogg

Have you read the DF Division PS4 vs X1 thread though? Why would anyone not want something like that to exist, it's fantastic. Must be seen to be believed material. Stuff you show your kids to explain to them why they are living in a Mad Max-like apocalyptic world and why it's better to not have internet anymore.

Urghhh I'm not going in there. I don't have enough eye bleach to cleanse myself of all the righteous indignation and legion of uninformed armchair developers those threads attract like flies around shit. I hate to think what the scenes would be like if there was an PC comparisons.

Speaking of The Division, anyone here try replaying the Hospital mission on hard? You need to be level 8 to selected the difficulty but even at that level it will seriously kick your arse if you're not geared up. Chances are you'll die to the first 3 guys over and over again if you're not in a team. All my swag weapons have perks that I'm no where near the requirements to unlocking :(

tuxfool

Banned
Urghhh I'm not going in there. I don't have enough eye bleach to cleanse myself of all the righteous indignation and legion of uninformed armchair developers those threads attract like flies around shit. I hate to think what the scenes would be like if there was an PC comparisons.

When Xbox and PS4 are compared, the PC is left alone. Brute forcing on the sidelines.

Ozium

alienware is rigged--biased towards germans, a part of a bigger conspiracy?

probably those people that killed Ludwig II

never forget.

Uzzy

GamesBeat: Ono … why did you make Birdie fat?

[Ono laughs]

Ono: If you actually end up playing the prologue, you’ll see why Birdie is so freakin’ fat now! You’ll see the house he’s staying at, where he’s living.

I’ll go ahead and spill the beans on this: He’s a freeloader over at Karin Kanzuki’s house.

I entered the company about 24 years ago and put on about 30 kilos of weight since that time. If you think about Birdie, he started out in Street Fighter one, and that’s been almost 30 years now. In that amount of time gone by, you’re probably going to put on a few pounds.

KarinxBirdie confirmed for OTP.

bigzgod

Speaking of The Division, anyone here try replaying the Hospital mission on hard? You need to be level 8 to selected the difficulty but even at that level it will seriously kick your arse if you're not geared up. Chances are you'll die to the first 3 guys over and over again if you're not in a team. All my swag weapons have perks that I'm no where near the requirements to unlocking :(

Yup, just did it. It's hard but doable alone. You get some nice rewards too, I got two blue drops.

Had a ton of issues with The Division today. Trying to get six friends playing together and fighting against a four person party limit, instanced dark zones, general beta bugs and an overloaded network was simply a lost cause. We spent at least half an hour just trying to party up and get into the same instance and we couldn't make it happen.

Stark reminder that it's an always online Ubi game and they don't have the best track record in that department. Their last game launched with a host of network issues as well. Until yesterday I was pretty certain I was going to buy it but now I'm not so sure anymore.

bigzgod

Had a ton of issues with The Division today. Trying to get six friends playing together and fighting against a four person party limit, instanced dark zones, general beta bugs and an overloaded network was simply a lost cause. We spent at least half an hour just trying to party up and get into the same instance and we couldn't make it happen.

Stark reminder that it's an always online Ubi game and they don't have the best track record in that department. Their last game launched with a host of network issues as well. Until yesterday I was pretty certain I was going to buy it but now I'm not so sure anymore.

I think I might take the plunge. Uplay games aren't run region locked and it's on sale at Nuuvem for another day or so. $25 for the base game, $32 for the Gold Edition.

I think I might take the plunge. Uplay games aren't run region locked and it's on sale at Nuuvem for another day or so. $25 for the base game, $32 for the Gold Edition.

Yeah it's fairly cheap in my Steam store too so that's definitely a temptation. When the game works it's good fun with friends in the Borderlands loot hunting kind of way. But I do think server issues could be a serious problem at launch.

Nordicus

Started Shadowrun Dragonfall, went for a Thrower/Rigger Troll. Gonna be interesting. Although I won't be able to equip the top tier drones since my max Intelligence is 1 short, I might be able to make up for it through other means.

They were too busy thinking how many fonts they could pack in, to ask how many they should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom