• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusionary

I knew I shouldn't have bought pony island or Shantae Pirate's curse this past Steam sale.
Heh, I know that feeling, albeit only with Pony Island for me - but if that's the only bundle overlap that I end up with, it could certainly have been worse. Besides, I bought the soundtrack too.

Well, I guess that explains why VA-11 Hall-A had a smaller discount than its previous lowest on Steam during the holidays sale. I already played it and loved it but I can't help but be a little annoyed...

Still tempted by N++ but I think I'll hold off and see what the bonus BTA games will be.
Yeah, the BTS tier isn't quite tempting enough for me just yet, but if the added games are decent I'll go all in to the top-tier for N++.

Finished Pony Island. That was pretty cool. Some very neat things, but also some annoying parts (
the last butterfly puzzle anyone particularly <.<
)

It's not going to change my GOTY ranking though
With all of the tickets, I hope?

Ozium

convince me to buy the humble

already own pony island and shantae

already own day of the tentacle

deadbolt looks good

valhalla is like a waifu game? sad!

n + + looks like a flash game

NeoRaider

deadbolt looks good

Wait for one week, they are adding new games then buy it.

Did i convince you??

Hektor

deadbolt looks good

Va11-Hall-A is amazing. Shame on you, Ozium. Shame. On. You.

Nzyme32

deadbolt looks good

So, pretty much N++ is the only one that interests me because I know it can be super challenging.

Deadbolt does look good - no idea about it though

Shantae is apparently good but I don't know about it and the artstyle led to me making a bunch of assumptions leading to me not buying it, but I'm trying to change that ideology that seems to be stuck with me and animu or amateur cartoony bait of specific style.

Own DotT and a few others. The rest looks a bunch of arseholes other than the top tier one, but again animu keeps putting me off - which I need to challenge

Salsa

deadbolt looks good

buy it for n + + and gimme all the other games you already own

deadbolt looks good

VA-11 Hall-A is essentially Cheers set in the Blade Runner universe.

And N++ is a sequel to a classic Flash game.

Oreoleo

N++ has 1000+ levels and is, mechanically, arguably my favorite series of platformers (N, N+, N++) I've ever played. It is challenging, but it hides most of the nefarious pixel-perfect platforming that ruined the second half of Super Meat Boy behind optional challenges (collectables) within the levels.

Passing on it because it "looks like a flash game" is so bone-headedly shortsighted I don't even know how to argue against that logic. GAME IS GOOD.

GAME IS GOOD.

Because it was a Flash game, like 10 years ago. Only good one, too.
13, to be exact. N+ released on consoles back in 2008.

Ozium

Wait for one week, they are adding new games then buy it.

Did i convince you??

this is the most sensible thing to do...

Va11-Hall-A is amazing. Shame on you, Ozium. Shame. On. You.

I dunno man, it looks like a zkylon game.

So, pretty much N++ is the only one that interests me because I know it can be super challenging.

Deadbolt does look good - no idea about it though

Shantae is apparently good but I don't know about it and the artstyle led to me making a bunch of assumptions leading to me not buying it, but I'm trying to change that ideology that seems to be stuck with me and animu or amateur cartoony bait of specific style.

Own DotT and a few others. The rest looks a bunch of arseholes other than the top tier one, but again animu keeps putting me off - which I need to challenge

you gonna buy it

Decided to shut my brain up and just buy the bundle...

so tell me how the other games are lol

VA-11 Hall-A is essentially Cheers set in the Blade Runner universe.

And N++ is a sequel to a classic Flash game.

You mix and serve drinks and talk to interesting characters about their lives. You can effect certain story events based on what you serve at times.

wat

N++ has 1000+ levels and is, mechanically, arguably my favorite series of platformers (N, N+, N++) I've ever played. It is challenging, but it hides most of the nefarious pixel-perfect platforming that ruined the second half of Super Meat Boy behind optional challenges (collectables) within the levels.

Passing on it because it "looks like a flash game" is so bone-headedly shortsighted I don't even know how to argue against that logic. GAME IS GOOD.

GAME IS GOOD.

13, to be exact. N+ released on consoles back in 2008.

1000 levels is a lot of levels and you add a + on top of that, so how can anyone expect to beat the game? and I remember hearing about the sensation of the previous games and how they are "the most hardest thing anyone has ever SEEN!!" or some such hyperbole.. seems like too much work tbqh

TheLight

DAakvql.jpg

I kind of want this.

a Nintendo switch controller!

People asking if a well received remaster of Day of the Tentacle, that comes with the orginal graphics also, and a DRM free version, is worth a measly $6.7 are making me head hurt.

Oreoleo

1000 levels is a lot of levels and you add a + on top of that, so how can anyone expect to beat the game? and I remember hearing about the sensation of the previous games and how they are "the most hardest thing anyone has ever SEEN!!" or some such hyperbole.. seems like too much work tbqh

The levels are pretty short tbh. I think the total count is like 1125 not including race and co-op levels. I'm up to about 400 completed in 12 hours of play time.

It's definitely not the kind of thing you buy and sit down and go "alright time to beat this." But load it up for 20-30 minutes, beat a dozen levels in your downtime or listening to some jams or whatever, then move on to something more substantial. Having too much content seems like a weird reason to turn down a game but I guess people have different priorities.

As to the difficulty, as I mentioned in my previous post, a lot of the truly hair-pulling stuff is optional content, you are NOT going to be banging your head against a wall trying to beat a single level, locked out from other content until you do. My memory of N+ is that it was a lot harder/punishing than N++. I fully expected to hit a wall by now, being over halfway through the new levels (About half of those 1000+ levels are straight from N+, since that game never released on PC), but it's still completely playable and not particularly frustrating (yet).

data

People asking if a well received remaster of Day of the Tentacle, that comes with the orginal graphics also, and a DRM free version, is worth a measly $6.7 are making me head hurt.

It's probably because most of us here already got it from the previous bundle or in the steam bundle for &#8364;2

also, trying to open jasec's games list to see what the outrun 2006 steam art looks like made my steam browser freeze. lol

zkylon

zkylewd
that's a really cool bundle

bought the $10 deal

also just catching this doom speedrun and i don't remember any of these parts lol

i do enjoy it the most when they break the game like this haha

N++ is spectacular. Amazing soundtrack too.

A daunting number of levels though. I remember a thread here on GAF when it came out discussing when too much content is too much.

Stall19

Great Bundle and the first time I actually went with the highest tier. Looks like a lot of other people did too judging from the BTA.

Sarcasm

It sucks living outside of the states with a NA paypal...I need the code from SMS to log into it. You can't add international phones. I need to check how much I got in PP. XS

zkylon

zkylewd
it still blows my mind that va-11 hall-a was made in venezuela

like, nothing against venezuela, but you'd never guess from the writing and the art

Pachimari

This Humble Positive Bundle was totally worth it, especially as I was close to buying both VA-11 and N++ during the Winter sales. I've always had my eye on N++ ever since I played the original. And I also got Pony Island and Day of the Tentacle Remastered which are just bonuses. So here's an extra of Shantae as I already owned that one:

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pachimari, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-DAE28633F5AB6CB5 - Taken by darkchewie. 21 entrants total.

t1484103245z1.png

Such a great humble bundle, thinking what to do with my extra Pony Island hmm
I finally got my steam link from when Amazon price matched the Winter Sale. Its such a cool little device.
I'm waiting for Steam Link 2 that supports 4K game streaming, nVidia Shield is a tad too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom