• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

weird, I was about to say the same thing.

Something close to that experience is Fallout: New Vegas with the Project Nevada mod. But that kinda just turns it into vanilla STALKER.

Is there a definitive list of post-apocalyptic FPS/RPGs?
Not that I know of.

Pretty small genre I would say. Some Early Access games are trying it but most look crap.

Hugstable

Banned
CS:GO night whats the timer at? Too lazy to wade through all the pages.

haha it's only one page back. I'll quote the post with the timer for tomorrow :D

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405294200z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

---

I've also made a steam group to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me on steam for an invite.

Hugstable

Banned
my Steamdb-fu isn't super great, but I'm guessing Payday 2 is region locked isn't it?

It's region locked? Didn't know that? Are the DLC region locked also? I got one cheap today (Gage Courier Mod) for the price of 1 key instead of 5$, and it seemed to redeem for me, so I was thinking that at least the DLC wasn't region locked. Didn't know the main Payday 2 game was region locked itself though. Good to know :D

Knurek

lol @ Soul Gambler

"Looking for me? But I think we didn't meet before." is such a natural thing that everyone says and not at all stilted english written by some polish dude. You guys just keep digging the grave deeper and deeper for VNs with all your screenshots.

Umm, Soul Gambler is made in Brazil, thank you very much.. As a Pole I take offense in your unfair generalization.
Also, it's not like games made by native speakers, even the AAA ones are full of amazing writing. I'd say this definitely is not the case.

Turfster

you're supposed to be too distracted by bewbs to pay attention to the awful writing.
This is a joke.
If you're an "international English team" and you want people to pay for your text-heavy product,
the least you can do is make sure your text is actually grammatically correct.
And while you're at it, rewrite your text for natural flow.

These are from like, the first minute of the game.

I shudder to think what their Japanese release with possible English voices will be like.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's region locked? Didn't know that? Are the DLC region locked also? I got one cheap today (Gage Courier Mod) for the price of 1 key instead of 5$, and it seemed to redeem for me, so I was thinking that at least the DLC wasn't region locked. Didn't know the main Payday 2 game was region locked itself though. Good to know :D

The DLC is region-free.

Copons

This is a joke.
If you're an "international English team" and you want people to pay for your text-heavy product,

I shudder to think what their Japanese release with possible English voices will be like.

Wow that seems a line coming directly from 30 Rock's Tracy Jordan.

Coreda

Began playing Ys Oath of Felghana, but the generic anime style and tedious beginning dialog is a turn-off. Even a way to disable dialog portrait art would improve the experience, personally. It clashes with the rest of the game's appearance.

Hugstable

Banned
Began playing Ys Oath of Felghana, but the generic anime style and tedious beginning dialog is a turn-off. Even a way to disable dialog portrait art would improve the experience, personally. It clashes with the rest of the game's appearance.

Just make it past the beginning and it's hardly a problem after that. Not much dialogue after the opening, just pure action. There will still be some every now and then, but it won't get as bad as it is early on in the game. I don't mind the style at all, but if you are worried about the whole game being like this, just know that it's really just a slow beginning to the game. Have you made it past the mines yet?

The DLC is region-free.

Nzyme32

Is anyone else's steam client giving them a "download the latest flash player" in store pages? Previously this error seemed to be restricted to the steam stats page, but now it seems to be on the store too. I figure it's a beta client issue?

Hugstable

Banned
Right, okay. And no, haven't made it that far, just some first impressions that I felt like mentioning here.

Ha that is usually alot of the first reaction to the game. Once you get to the mines and start fighting bosses... then you'll know what yS is truly about :D

aku:jiki

Umm, Soul Gambler is made in Brazil, thank you very much.. As a Pole I take offense in your unfair generalization.
Also, it's not like games made by native speakers, even the AAA ones are full of amazing writing. I'd say this definitely is not the case.
Hey, it's just jokes based on the fact that poles are very active game makers. As for writing in games, I'm the one who always posts that it's all shit, so I'm aware! It's very rare for game devs to recognize that good writing means using as few words as possible to say as much as possible, and they generally do the opposite. "More and bigger words!"

By the way, my buddy got Crimzon Clover and I tried it out. I'll be buying it right away on payday, that shit was pretty awesome. I got a 29 billion score but it was my first (and only) credit and I didn't realize I should use the break thing constantly.

Altazor

Gonna continue my Dark Souls adventure into Lost Izalith today. Everything feels like it's finally winding down and coming to an end, and I'm actually excited to once to end a game I love so much just because the sequel is just right ahead and ready for me to dive into, Season pass and all. Haven't got much sleep, but I should still be able to survive :D. I'm also down for Payday 2 or CS:Go a bit today also

did you get to finish Tomb of the Giants, mate? :)

Terra_Ex

This is a joke.

That's pretty dire stuff and as a western-produced VN it's even worse. I do wonder why devs bother to go to the effort of making a text-heavy game only to fail to employ someone who is actually skilled at writing/editing text in their chosen language. It would be like me penning an incredible VN then whipping up the visuals myself in MS paint. A VN with those kind of issues in the opening minutes won't hold my attention for long, regardless of how many pretties it may feature. Same goes for the Soul Gambler pics on the previous page.

Just unpacked a Race The Sun booster pack and got the exact 3 cards I was missing. Will wait until the next sale to craft though - who knows what devious metagame Valve will have come up with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Am I able to buy a realm reborn with keys? If so, how much is it going for?

Yes, and from a cursory glance you're looking at 7.5/8. There are NA and EU-specific subs, though, so I assume that this affects which servers you'll connect to -- in which case, if you're in PAL Land the point is moot, but if you're in America (as in the continent) you may want to consider instead coughing up the premium for an ideal experience.

dani_dc

Thanks for the invite!

This is a joke.

That's probably why the Higurashi team decided to re-translate the game before releasing it on Steam. Shame that it's taking so long to come out though.

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately there's very isn't much offer where I live, so I think I'll get some cheap headphones today to get by and pick something better online in a couple months when I have some more money around, I'll keep both suggestions in consideration for when I do that though.

Hugstable

Banned
did you get to finish Tomb of the Giants, mate? :)

lol nope. I got to the first bonfire, but after hearing about the sunlight maggot I decided to take a little detour to get myself some much needed help. The skull lantern was just not doing it for me. Had to keep switching between either the lamp or a shield, and those enemies in there really need a shield to help fight. I even tired using the light to find my way and switch to shield when fighting, but with the lights out and how the area is designed, that just spells falling death all over the place. Already in Lost Izalith so I should hopefully be getting what I need and heading back soon.

I'm not sure if Sakura Spirit's representative of the average VN (most stories take place in a Japanese high-school environment, not this kitsune harem stuff), but Sekai's not doing a good job of making the genre look good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yes, and from a cursory glance you're looking at 7.5/8. There are NA and EU-specific subs, though, so I assume that this affects which servers you'll connect to -- in which case, if you're in PAL Land the point is moot, but if you're in America (as in the continent) you may want to consider instead coughing up the premium for an ideal experience.

I'm from the UK

I'm not sure if Sakura Spirit's representative of the average VN (most stories take place in a Japanese high-school environment, not this kitsune harem stuff), but Sekai's not doing a good job of making the genre look good.

I dunno... based on some of the screens I've seen, if someone is a fan of that type of thing I could see them arguing that they've made it look VERY good. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom