• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm not sure if Sakura Spirit's representative of the average VN (most stories take place in a Japanese high-school environment, not this kitsune harem stuff), but Sekai's not doing a good job of making the genre look good.
As someone who gets paid to grade various papers by numerous college students, the grammar in the game really irritates and I know that's not the main draw of the game, but it's a visual novel, at least use proper English in your game

liezryou

Yes, and from a cursory glance you're looking at 7.5/8. There are NA and EU-specific subs, though, so I assume that this affects which servers you'll connect to -- in which case, if you're in PAL Land the point is moot, but if you're in America (as in the continent) you may want to consider instead coughing up the premium for an ideal experience.

I'm like 99% certain it doesn't actually matter which sub you get because the servers you connect to are tied to your SE account (if i recall correctly when i registered it was something like that).

Altazor

lol nope. I got to the first bonfire, but after hearing about the sunlight maggot I decided to take a little detour to get myself some much needed help. The skull lantern was just not doing it for me. Had to keep switching between either the lamp or a shield, and those enemies in there really need a shield to help fight. I even tired using the light to find my way and switch to shield when fighting, but with the lights out and how the area is designed, that just spells falling death all over the place. Already in Lost Izalith so I should hopefully be getting what I need and heading back soon.

oh, I see. Did you unlock the shortcut to Lost Izalith or are you taking the normal route? If it's the latter... Prepare to Cry when getting the Sunlight Maggot ;_;

oh and Lost Izalith is such a cool place architecture-wise but it's really fucking meh from a level design point. You can feel they rushed the endgame.

Cheddahz

Banned
I personally have two rules for this giveaway (and you must obey them if you enter):

1) I don't care if you're embarrassed by the game or don't want it, you enter the giveaway, so you have to keep it (that means no giving it away)!
2) Post a screenshot of the gift message whenever you open the gift, so everyone knows what game you got!

EDIT: The only reason I put the first rule is because I have given stuff away before and have seen people selling it on the B/S/T Thread (and when people do that, it honestly pisses me off)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-04B478BC5C270881 - Taken by pahamrick. 111 entrants total.

t1405276003z1.png

The CS: GO thing need a thread...
why? its steam gaf, we talk about everything related to steam, including games meet ups! :D
I personally have two rules for this giveaway (and you must obey them if you enter):

1) I don't care if you're embarrassed by the game or don't want it, you enter the giveaway, so you have to keep it (that means no giving it away)!
2) Post a screenshot of the gift message whenever you open the gift, so everyone knows what game you got!

its either that game with the semi naked girls or bad rats, I can tell by the first rule.

The CS: GO thing need a thread...
I'll admit this idea is more popular than I originally anticipated. I'll probably move this to it's own thread for next week.

It's waifu simulator 2014 isn't it? (Nightmare shower waifu included)

Evrain

Secret of the magic crystal? That Barbie game? Bad Ratz? Bratz The Game? minesweeper.exe?

Anteater

Entered, hope it's not something I already owned

Guyz Bridge Constuctor is really fun, it's rewarding and make me feel so proud to build a barely decent bridge and watch the trucks cross it. :')

Grief.exe

I'll bite.

I'll give it a try, who doesn't like embarrassing games?

I'll give this a shot.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason I put the first rule is because I have given stuff away before and have seen people selling it on the B/S/T Thread

That's unheard of. Top tier asshat behavior. Almost name and shame worthy

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

EDIT: The only reason I put the first rule is because I have given stuff away before and have seen people selling it on the B/S/T Thread (and when people do that, it honestly pisses me off)

Why not, I'll give it a shot. Although, I probably won't be home when the giveaway ends, so if I win I'll definitely post the screenshot as soon as I can.

Fracas

#fuckonami

That happened with one my first giveaways last year :(

Cheddahz

Banned
What the fuck. This is shameless.
Did you tell stumpa? Those people need to be blacklisted.

It wasn't from a Modbot giveaway though. I gave away some PSP games a few months ago and the user knew what he/she was getting and a week later, I saw them selling one of the games and they told me "they didn't know they were getting that game whenever they did the giveaway"

I know it's your "property" whenever you receive the games, but the whole experience kinda soured me giving away stuff and that's why I haven't done it that often lately

Parsnip

YsGAF, in what order should I play the Ys games that are on Steam? I don't have any experience with the series. 1, 2, Felghana, Origin?

[
It's something shameful isn't it?
I am in >_>

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Code:
python trade_bot.py
Pending trade offer from [i]real name removed[/i] (User ID [i]user id removed[/i]), Profile URL: [i]profile URL removed[/i]

What I am being asked for:
Nothing

What I am being given:
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 168073335757975932
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 168073880610713160
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 1642992595895818543
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 1642992595895816430

So now I just need to figure out how I do a lookup on an AssetID to get a description. I can't do a fixed database, because the last two coupons are the same coupon but have different AssetIDs, so they're clearly 100% unique to a given instance.

YsGAF, in what order should I play the Ys games that are on Steam? I don't have any experience with the series. 1, 2, Felghana, Origin?

1 and 2 are ridiculously old school ARPGs and feature "bump" combat which takes some getting used to. They're kind of separate for Oath and Felghana in that respect... so if you decide to go with 1 or 2, start with 1, since doing it after playing 2 will be difficult since it's a more basic game and 2 improves on it in many ways.

Fox318

Code:
python trade_bot.py
Pending trade offer from [i]real name removed[/i] (User ID [i]user id removed[/i]), Profile URL: [i]profile URL removed[/i]

What I am being asked for:
Nothing

What I am being given:
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 168073335757975932
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 168073880610713160
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 1642992595895818543
1x Item for appID 753 (Steam) context 3 (Coupon). Asset ID: 1642992595895816430

So now I just need to figure out how I do a lookup on an AssetID to get a description.

Did valve give you access to change all keys to bad rats keys?

Based on your edit, that's a blacklisting.
Report those jerks to Stump. :p

YZX9cBx.gif

I really don't understand why GB quick looks are even popular.
What you can get out of a GB quick look you can get out of looking up random footage on YT.
Hell, you could get it without commentary back when I posted some webms of the early game.

I guess I'll just never understand the appeal of GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom