• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

I really hope you can turn that off, sounds like an awful idea if you can't (but would be interesting as long as it's optional).

It already is hard enough before release. I died so many times. I feel like less of a man, all I can do is go home, and hope things are better tomorrow.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe that joke was going too far.

Yakkue

It already is hard enough before release. I died so many times. I feel like less of a man, all I can do is go home, and hope things are better tomorrow.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe that joke was going too far.

no worries, I highly doubt anyone would have taken that seriously!
Since you've already played it: did you miss that there was no save option like in Dark Souls? (for when you want to quit and resume the game, not for dying)

Card Boy

Banned
He had much higher prices earlier with a huge profit, especially since he's russian, but lowered his prices when he realized that Liezryou offered the same games for way better prices.
I normally doesnt do this and sorry for the harsh words (trying to stay out of the GAF selling bizniz), but gotta say I hope you guys contact Liezryou first, a great guy and he doesn't try to rip people off when he can.

Also, note that they're both selling the RU tagged Witcher 3, don't expect to get ROW leftovers for that price.

v1SD.jpg

aku:jiki

I'm not sure about that. What I know is that they hired some people who worked on the first Wasteland after reaching some of their kickstarter goals
I'm not sure about what you posted but InXile was certainly a team that existed before W2 and they haven't released anything developed alongside with W2 so we can safely assume that they dedicated their entire staff to it.

They have also never made a good game so I'm not surprised if W2 follows suit.

Milamber

no worries, I highly doubt anyone would have taken that seriously!
Since you've already played it: did you miss that there was no save option like in Dark Souls? (for when you want to quit and resume the game, not for dying)

Starting from the beginning again is not so bad. Dungeon is not that big. And you do keep your skills.

Ban Puncher

I got a code to redeem for a copy of Watch Dogs with my new video card.

A UPlay copy.

Anyone want to gift me a copy of Shovel Knight or Sakura Spirit on Steam for it?

dmix90

He had much higher prices earlier with a huge profit, especially since he's russian, but lowered his prices when he realized that Liezryou offered the same games for way better prices.
I normally doesnt do this and sorry for the harsh words (trying to stay out of the GAF selling bizniz), but gotta say I hope you guys contact Liezryou first, a great guy and he doesn't try to rip people off when he can.

Also, note that they're both selling the RU tagged Witcher 3, don't expect to get ROW leftovers for that price.
Prices were much higher for witcher 3 for example before i posted my offer if i remember correctly. I don't know.... it's not a secret that this is not a charity right? I respect what you guys are doing i don't know much about steam tf2/csgo etc keys. Competition is strong prices go lower.

Teppic

Wait, so the game transforms for the entire community, set by the tempo of the most hardcore psychopaths? Guess I better get in as early as possible. I also greatly misunderstood the nature of the statues from an earlier presentation since you need some kind of rare coin to utilize them. HYPE IS PLUMMETING.
Glad I only got this from farming cards.
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the way things are unlocked in the game, but on the other hand I don't have to play the game multiple times myself to unlock content.

Copons

Player drop into the host's story and character, it's like Borderlands without the character importing function.

But I never cared for Borderlands story!

As I'm really enjoying the slow and relaxing pace I'm giving to my D:OS game, I guess I won't be coop-ing until I've completed the game! :)

I'm not sure about what you posted but InXile was certainly a team that existed before W2 and they haven't released anything developed alongside with W2 so we can safely assume that they dedicated their entire staff to it.

They have also never made a good game so I'm not surprised if W2 follows suit.

haha this comment makes me genuinely laugh. I might have to look up what that team has done to see the comparison between the two. I haven't played W2 and have not been interested based on the shot gameplay videos I saw a month or two ago. I am however really keen on seeing more from the torment and pillars of eternity kickstarters.

But I never cared for Borderlands story!

As I'm really enjoying the slow and relaxing pace I'm giving to my D:OS game, I guess I won't be coop-ing until I've completed the game! :)
What I meant was, friends can be invited anytime anywhere, zero hassle.

You should really try it!

Eanan

I got a code to redeem for a copy of Watch Dogs with my new video card.

A UPlay copy.

Anyone want to gift me a copy of Shovel Knight or Sakura Spirit on Steam for it?
I PMed you if you still have it. Got Sakura spirit or shovel knight if you want to swapsies

Prices were much higher for witcher 3 for example before i posted my offer if i remember correctly. I don't know.... it's not a secret that this is not a charity right? I respect what you guys are doing i don't know much about steam tf2/csgo etc keys. Competition is strong prices go lower.

What do you mean the prices were higher before you posted your offer?
Of course it's no charity and you're free to put your own prices, I just felt that if a russian is prepared to profit for example $8 each copy of Witcher 3 without any effort and then match another gaffer who work hard to offer good prices, I'd rather let this gentleman who work hard to get his share of profit.
I realize though it was kinda unnecessary of me to say and I apologize if I offended you, I have no say in what prices you set and just wanted people in here to know there are alternatives.

I hope we can leave this behind us, since this discussion doesnt really belong in here.

MUnited83

For you.
If a game is RU tagged it should appear with RU on the "custom name" part on dispenser.tf, correct? Or it would show only on the trade window at best?

Jadax

If a game is RU tagged it should appear with RU on the "custom name" part on dispenser.tf, correct? Or it would show only on the trade window at best?

I've had an experience where the game was RU tagged but didn't show as that on the dispenser website - only when I actually got the trade offer.

Not sure if it's still the same or improved.

aku:jiki

haha this comment makes me genuinely laugh. I might have to look up what that team has done to see the comparison between the two. I haven't played W2 and have not been interested based on the shot gameplay videos I saw a month or two ago. I am however really keen on seeing more from the torment and pillars of eternity kickstarters.
They've made classics like the racist Choplifter HD and the Bard's Quest with infantile humor.

I hope we can leave this behind us, since this discussion doesnt really belong in here.
Bjud honom på en kebab med extra vitlökssås.

dmix90

What do you mean the prices were higher before you posted your offer?
Of course it's no charity and you're free to put your own prices, I just felt that if a russian is prepared to profit for example $8 each copy of Witcher 3 without any effort and then match another gaffer who work hard to offer good prices, I'd rather let this gentleman who work hard to get his share of profit.
I realize though it was kinda unnecessary of me to say and I apologize if I offended you, I have no say in what prices you set and just wanted people in here to know there are alternatives.

Ok man last post about this...$8?! wut..looks like i don't know something very important :D
I was at $2.5 profit(with 19.99 pricetag) from witcher when i entered BST thread.

Grief.exe

You are right. Divinity Original Sin though took advantage of the early access model a lot better than W2.Their updates were frequent and even though only the first Act was open it still gave you a pretty good idea about how the game is going to turn out. Can't say the same thing about Wasteland

Wasteland 2 has seen frequent,massive updates during the Early Access period. Inxile has added entire zones and chapters leading up to release.

Deques

Ok man last post about this...$8?! wut..looks like i don't know something very important :D
I was at $2.5 profit(with 19.99 pricetag) from witcher when i entered BST thread.

Dunder didn't say that you took $8 in profit. There are traders who take a quite higher prices than what the games actually costs in Russia and make profit for minimum efforts

Thought I'd set up a little SpeedRunners competition, I'm feeling a bit ballsy so it's with a special prize!

Prize:
330x192

Rules:
1. You do not already own this game.
2. You will activate it to your own library, no trading or reselling the gift.
3. You have to be the winner of a full race.
4. We will play a race once in every level.

Quote this post to reserve a spot in the competition!

Competitors:
#1: DunderHassan
#2: BernadoOne
#3: Kiru
#4: The_Super_Inframan

Deques

Thought I'd set up a little SpeedRunners competition, I'm feeling a bit ballsy so it's with a special prize!

Prize:
330x192

Rules:

Competitors:
#2:
#3:
#4:

I would love to enter the race to win Blur, but I don't have Speedrunners, and would probably lose anyway

Ban Puncher

Prize:
330x192

Rules:

Competitors:
#2:
#3:
#4:

LONG
EASY
LEFT

Oh wait, Speedrunners? I'm out.

GAME OVER YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

MUnited83

For you.

Prize:
330x192

Rules:

Competitors:
#2:
#3:
#4:

I suck at Speedrunners. But sign me up!

Tizoc

Prize:
330x192

Rules:

Competitors:
#3:
#4:

EDIT: Fudge I don't have speedrunners >_>;

Ozium

Indiegala finally put up steam keys for Soul Gambler from the Greenlight Bundle 3.

still waiting for Super Panda Adventures from #2

Kiru

Prize:
330x192

Rules:

Competitors:
#3:
#4:
Here! Here! :D

Rudakus

Wasteland 2 has been a huge disappointment for me so far. Don't know how much the final release that is a month away will differ from the current build, but it's really not impressive at all. Makes you wonder where all that money went especially If you compare it to Divinity Original Sin that had half the budget

This makes me sad... This company is also making the new Torment game.

**Edt** Also Sub could you tell us what makes it feel like it's lacking? (I haven't played it yet)

Prize:
330x192

Rules:

Competitors:
#3:
#4:

holy shit
my most wanted game on Steam
almost worth buying Speedrunners for it, but I'd probably suck and lose without any experience so I'm not entering.

Anyway thanks for the chance Dunder and good luck to everyone.

Why am I not really surprised the yogcast game kickstarter turned out to be a big dud?

From the article:

This news should be a shock for potential Kickstarter game backers. If you can’t trust a group like The Yogscast to deliver a product, who can you trust?

I dunno, how about groups with people that have proven track records in making games (Double Fine, inXile, etc.) as opposed to Let's Players?

Blitzhex

Anyone have a recent issue with steam where it freezes randomly for a sec when you're typing in chat? I opted out of beta, but I'm still getting it. Also getting it on two different computer systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom