• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

There is a update summary in the OT. (I'm on mobile so I can't link to it or the thread discussing it, sorry.)

Overhaul update for D:OS that will bring it to the 2.0 iteration.

I only saw the update from 1/30 in the OT, is that the one you are referring to?

Sarcasm

So my thought about LastPass:

+UI is great
+its fast
+TWO STEP OH YEAHHHHH
+auto log out

- (probably me just being OLD) saves this stuff on a server!

I was about to try 1password before this but saw all the shoutouts to LP. Dunno if I want to try 1P now (or take time)

Also got chrome set to keep til closed cookies...and this is fine and all except the fact that betterttv settings get erased. How do I add that to exceptions (since I need a site...)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-DE6B6218ABE4131C - Taken by ArynCrinn. 30 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-32688BE1BFA0CF41 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.

t1427242909z1.png

fantomena

If I compared Bloodborne to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, those games would be trash.

I have yet to write my review of the game, but it will easy be a GOTY contender for me.

If I compared Bloodborne to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, those games would be trash.

I have yet to write my review of the game, but it will easy be a GOTY contender for me.

Though I suspect "trash" might be a little hyperbolic, the review scores are in line with what you're saying as easy GOTY candidate. And you were pretty big on the Souls games, if I recall, so the hype here is reaching a boiling point for me.

Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten a shipment notification, but it's totally my fault for waiting until yesterday morning to impulsively preorder it.

Though I suspect "trash" might be a little hyperbolic, the review scores are in line with what you're saying as easy GOTY candidate. And you were pretty big on the Souls games, if I recall, so the hype here is reaching a boiling point for me.

Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten a shipment notification, but it's totally my fault for waiting until yesterday morning to impulsively preorder it.

My hype will reach a boiling point when it's announced for Steam.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Steam keys for Ironcast Kickstarter backers have been sent!

And the game is playable now, so no need to wait for the 26th.

If only all great Kickstarted games that release on the 26th would do this... *stares at Pillars of Eternity*

derExperte

I think I'll wait about 6 months before I take any opinion stating that Bloodborne makes Dark Souls 1 trash seriously.

Why wait? Let's laugh now.

Choppy as hell? I disagree, game was fully playable in alpha.

GTAV oldgen was playable too while being choppy as hell.

Security guru Steve Gibson

I'm not saying he's wrong in this case but Gibson is not a security guru and it's a good idea to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

dex3108

I must say that Limelight for Android is really good now and it supports Steam (you can use Steam Big Picture mode on phone/tablet without starting any game). Latency is really low and streaming works without issues on my Nexus 7.

shockdude

Carving through the backlog. Currently playing Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. It's fantastic, mind blowing, everyone should play it, etc.
I actually already beat but I beat it on normal, so I'm blasting though it on hard before starting the DLCs.

Dr Dogg

At least it won't be for another year with the delay and all.

Zing! Saying that we're all a little affected by these delays the last couple of years. Would be nice if pubs would announce stuff until you know, when the dev team are on the homeward stretch but you know how it is, 'Get hype!' and all that.

derExperte

And it's not a demanding game. I played the Alpha from a friend, there was nothing too demanding here, the framerate was choppy as hell. Has that been fixed on final version of the game?

Well the article talks about the framerate in length.

Its sub-30fps frame-rate drops may be infrequent, but on close analysis the bigger issue here is in its frame-pacing. As it turns out, From Software's implementation of a 30fps cap means that, as promised, we do get an average refresh at that number near-constantly throughout Yarnham city. The problem? As we've seen with the launch builds of Need for Speed: Rivals and Destiny, an incorrect ordering of frames can cause a nasty stuttering to motion.

Though its 30fps average is technically correct, Bloodborne often produces two unique frames followed by two duplicates - rather than one after another - creating a perception of frame-rate drops throughout. It's not smooth in motion at all as a result, and frame-time updates swing erratically between 16ms and 66ms - and sometimes higher.

I remember someone on GAF posted a comparation between Killzone Shadow Fall with a HDD and a SSD, but the gap wasn't so huge.

it's a bandwidth issue. It ended up being that hybrid drives were the best option as you had the advantages that the small ssd partition provides with the space and pricing that comes along with the mechanical HDD partition. The difference between a hybrid drive and a SSD on the PS4 are so small that getting a big SSD for your system seems really wasteful.

but i'm also saying this in the Steam/PC thread, where some of you crazies have SLI 980s and 7 SSDs hooked up together so that you can play your favorite anime games at top speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom