• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Rockstar is one of those companies where you worry about the preservation of their games going forward. They are so poorly made and patched together with ludicrous DRM that leaves their future playability in doubt.

The sad part is they continue to make the same mistakes.

Well, apparently you can just make a "local profile" when making the "lets you save" profile, so you don't have to actually jump through any online hoops or anything, which is nice.

I gotta say, though, after playing through some of the other sandbox games I mentioned in my original post, I'm really enjoying the car handling in GTA 4. It's nice to play a game where the cars actually handle with some weight to them, and not like full-sized RC cars.

Salsa

Nice Daniel Johnston mug

thanks

hxIqvqX.jpg

derExperte

I gotta say, though, after playing through some of the other sandbox games I mentioned in my original post, I'm really enjoying the car handling in GTA 4. It's nice to play a game where the cars actually handle with some weight to them, and not like full-sized RC cars.

Then you won't like V, the cars are almost too easy to handle now which makes driving missions and races very easy (it's by far the easiest GTA ever anyway). Gone are the days of flipped and then exploding cars.

Vlad

Then you won't like V, the cars are almost too easy to handle now which makes driving missions and races very easy (it's by far the easiest GTA ever anyway). Gone are the days of flipped and then exploding cars.

Now that you mention it, I do remember watching a video of someone playing V, and I could have sworn that they somehow managed to stop the car from flipping in mid-air, which looked really weird. Well, given my purchasing habits, it's going to be years before I ever get around to picking it up anyway, so maybe someone will have modded in better car handling by then.

Jawmuncher

I finally realized the real culprit to using Xbox One and PS4 controllers on PC. The micro USB never actually clicks in well enough so with my set up if it get nagged it disconnects and reconnects. Doesn't happen often though. Really wish MS would release a wireless piece for the Xone controllers. I gave up on using my PS4 controller through bluetooth.

derExperte

I finally realized the real culprit to using Xbox One and PS4 controllers on PC. The micro USB never actually clicks in well enough so with my set up if it get nagged it disconnects and reconnects. Doesn't happen often though. Really wish MS would release a wireless piece for the Xone controllers. I gave up on using my PS4 controller through bluetooth.

Get another cable, my X1 pad never disconnects. Or you're jumping around too much.

Nabs

I bought this BT adapter and it's been amazing with the DS4: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q45EF4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I only recommend it with Windows 8, I can't promise it'll work well with anything else.

rickyson1

oh nice was just adding games from yesterday's indiegala bundle to my library and noticed that freedom planet is in it

that's actually something I didn't have yet and would have bought on it's own eventually

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What is it even about? I looked at some videos and I have no idea what to make of it.

Harvester is a point and click adventure game revolving around the misadventures of an amnesiac named Steve. Steve wakes up in the town of Harvest, where everyone wants him to join the local lodge for reasons unknown. To gain entrance to the lodge, Steve must complete increasingly bizarre tasks to win the favor of the wacky Sergeant at Arms. He also has conversations with the local townsfolk, including Mr. "My Meat" Pottsdam, oblivious sheriff Duane Dwayne, and disgruntled newspaper delivery boy Jimmy James.

Hilarity and hijinks ensue.

Uzzy

Life is Strange continues strong and shits on Telltale's fake "consequences" from a great height.

Just a shame that they're continuing the Telltale tradition of endless waits and delays for the next episode of their game. Still, when they're all out I'll grab Life is Strange. Looks fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a shame that they're continuing the Telltale tradition of endless waits and delays for the next episode of their game. Still, when they're all out I'll grab Life is Strange. Looks fun.

While I agree that 6 weeks is a long time to wait between episodes, it's nowhere near Telltale's schedule which is completely erratic but can run up to 3-4 months between episodes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

"endless waits and delays"

< 3 months between episodes

posting in thread about platform run by valve software, makers of half-life 2 episode 3

r3n4ud

Man-o-man, to pick up Pillars or not. Watching gameplay makes me wanna pick it up before release. But shit, have so many recent new releases to play.

Still though, game looks super.

Ozium

anyone know Konami's history with sales on Steam? how long did it take revengeance to go to 75%? dunno whether to bite on GZ or wait til Summer... conventional logic says to wait until Summer because it will either be the same price or cheaper, but does conventional logic apply to Konami?

Man-o-man, to pick up Pillars or not. Watching gameplay makes me wanna pick it up before release. But shit, have so many recent new releases to play.

$45

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"endless waits and delays"

< 3 months between episodes

posting in thread about platform run by valve software, makers of half-life 2 episode 3

If only all gaming-related "delays" were 10 days long. I mean, they originally announced Episode 2 for a March 13th release, and it was actually released on March 23rd.

Turfster

Yeah, no.
They said it would be 6 weeks between episodes, and so far, they've pretty much held to that.
For the amount of content you get, two months is nothing.

r3n4ud

anyone know Konami's history with sales on Steam? how long did it take revengeance to go to 75%? dunno whether to bite on GZ or wait til Summer... conventional logic says to wait until Summer because it will either be the same price or cheaper, but does conventional logic apply to Konami?

$45
Eh? Not on nuuvem.

Hinomura

Hello ^___^

ss_fcc926fd000a3724116764613e5568a7180eb985.600x338.jpg

Sooo, played a bit of Insanity Blade and no, it's not Rastan. And it's not Volgarr. It's a different kind of game, pretty singular (
ie you detach arms from some enemies and use them as weapons, you ride some enemies as they were skates
aaaaand stop spoilering ^___^).
There's a main quest along with "side quests" and you got a leveluppable hero which cab buy / upgrade weapons. The action at first seems a bit shallow (because of the easy side), but where I got I think it's enough tight to entertain. You can brute force your way upgrading or trying the hard way.
Graphic wise it's a good jump in the past - even if it use "modern" stuff here and there (maybe it's me, but you shouldn't use 32bit color fading in your 8bit like game, but there are more offensive games ie the very good point & click adventure The Last Door which has a graphic style between an Atari VCS and a Commodore C64, so the fading/transparencies are even more inapposite). Animation is good, sprites and backgrounds are good.
The gameplay is nice, an action 2d game with a bit of platforming (it's just a bit, but you can die if you're not paying attention), with elements from classical games ie like Rastan (so many ropes!) and Black Tiger (dat knives throwing).
Having played just 45 minutes I can't tell more but it got a good size too, looking at the map.
So, if you loved arcade games from the 80s/early 90s, maybe you should consider Insanity Blade, and the 25% off is a good incentive over a nice price. It's not the game of the forever, but it's good enough.

Just to make comparisons, if Volgarr is a 4.5/5...

Insanity Blade is a good 3.5 spiders / Zkylon or 3.5 Saoirse / Jasec. ^___^

Definetely recommended for its price :)

And a little rant for the developer: if you want to be a bit more successful, please add achievements and cards! Just saying... :)

Dr Dogg

I loved Resi Evil Rev 2's once a week schedule. Kept the pace up and a nice anticipation for the next instalment. I get the feeling with the other episodic releases is that they are no where close to finishing the other episodes let alone the next one after release.

Uzzy

Yeah, no.
They said it would be 6 weeks between episodes, and so far, they've pretty much held to that.
For the amount of content you get, two months is nothing.

They didn't even last one episode before a delay was announced. So I'll wait for the full game to be released before purchasing it and enjoying it, because it really does look quite fun.

I'm just tired of waiting around for episodic games without rock solid release dates. Revelations 2 had a new episode every week, which was fine. Waiting some six weeks, no wait seven, no wait three months, no wait ten years.. that's not on.

zkylon

zkylewd
how do i know my friendslist limit

i feel like i have too many and since i don't do cards i never really level

it may be obs and they may deserve all your money but don't buy games you're not gonna play right away!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I loved Resi Evil Rev 2's once a week schedule. Kept the pace up and a nice anticipation for the next instalment. I get the feeling with the other episodic releases is that they are no where close to finishing the other episodes let alone the next one after release.
The things I would do to get Life is Strange at that pace....

jshackles

They didn't even last one episode before a delay was announced. So I'll wait for the full game to be released before purchasing it and enjoying it, because it really does look quite fun.

I'm just tired of waiting around for episodic games without rock solid release dates. Revelations 2 had a new episode every week, which was fine. Waiting some six weeks, no wait seven, no wait three months, no wait ten years.. that's not on.

But their actual delay turned out to be 10 days. So that answers the article's "nobody knows for how long" mystery.

But I can totally understand waiting for all the episodes to be finished. I do that a lot with TV myself. It's the reason I haven't watched any Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead... they just keep making new episodes and nobody knows when it's actually going to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom