• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Halloween treats - take them all:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crazyrabbits:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Magicka Wizard Wars MMOBomb DLC -- MB-05B21A6C3A251F92
ulgzbKC.png
Duplicity: Beyond the Lies (Desura) -- MB-CB7304CC3C3132AB
RIFT Humble Starter Pack -- MB-8AB4F9CADC57A8C5 - Taken by realwords
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-D8037679A34FC5B3 - Taken by Sarcasm
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-ECB5A3E913123DD7 - Taken by Aaron
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-86BA496AA1EDD620 - Taken by D3RANG3D
Betrayer -- MB-7C3E83D154F1A412 - Taken by alr1ght
Twitch Turbo 1-Month Trial -- MB-020A67F012B78F32 - Taken by Accoun
Dustforce -- MB-5077B2CCA3969B62 - Taken by TheLight
Level 22 -- MB-6EA758BC727B4E9A - Taken by XDDX
Landmark Closed Beta Trial -- MB-DAE227BDE04F751A
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-D2CC77347F74E925 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia
Villagers & Heroes Stormhold DLC -- MB-B6790BBD345D415D
Weird Worlds Return to Infinite Space -- MB-C01F663C92FF8177 - Taken by cardinalmind
Mind: Path To Thalamus -- MB-5AE0D759415E4B0D - Taken by bobnowhere
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage -- MB-3E088B1430B443A3 - Taken by Catshade
SpaceChem -- MB-3950D05F6C4F112A - Taken by HalfwayOrb
PGP3OVL.png
Aliens Versus Predator Classic (GOG) -- MB-F6B3904805C8AEA4 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by bobnowhere
Papo & Yo -- MB-75D95E8402C13E4A - Taken by cardinalmind
Borealis -- MB-AF7BA613949A1C05 - Taken by Scipius
Nosgoth Veteran Pack #1 -- MB-50AD600A2B6C2ACD - Taken by Varg
Nosgoth Veteran Pack #2 -- MB-E975397155DA4060 - Taken by Dambrosi
Huntsman The Orphanage #1 -- MB-FFA15C535F777409 - Taken by -Cade
Huntsman The Orphanage #2 -- MB-9DC4E531488B6D44 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Ultimate_Trainer

And as an aside, in memory of John Candy (who was born on Halloween night in 1950), here's the SCTV skit "Doctor Tongue's 3D House of Stewardesses".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJY6w0HD50

just sold 4 (of 6) of my TF2 Alien items for about 10 dollars (my cut) still got 2 more to go and the octodad hat...

based

I personally would have waited. Right now you can sell them for cheap, but if you would have waited 2-3 months you could have made more money. Thats almost always the case with pre-order exclusive items.

MUnited83

For you.
I personally would have waited. Right now you can sell them for cheap, but if you would have waited 2-3 months you could have made more money. Thats almost always the case with pre-order exclusive items.
No it isnt. at all. the prices will drop and drop hard once the items are craftable( and they will be, rest assured). nobody cares about the "genuine" tag.

Ozium

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

in this case that bird's name is the binding of isaac rebirth :)

edit: I don't know why some are tradeable now and some aren't it's probably X number of day that you redeemed them from opening TF2? I play TF2 frequently so I got them pretty soon after the update..

MayMay

Banned
Evolve Alpha rn is pretty much waiting 10 minutes for a lobby, then getting booted out of the lobby again -> repeat. >_>

Chariot

Evolve is a decent game - if you can find a match. The horrible matchmaking screen that takes for minutes, just to take another few minutes in the lobby screen, just to disconnect from the server afterwards... I gonna cry.
Enjoying the PC Alpha so far.

put_something_in_screen.png
Super true.

Turfster

"Huh, why did the thread explode with over a dozen added pages while I was go... oh."
It was fun to watch the Evolve prices climb and climb as more and more gouging got added, tho, even though the "me too" posts themselves were kinda sad and pathetic =p

Asskicker

I feel kinda bad for turtle rock, this was probably a huge crap on their projected sales. I personally wasn't going to buy the game at release but I have it now anyway. Yet I still feel guilty...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I feel kinda bad for turtle rock, this was probably a huge crap on their projected sales. I personally wasn't going to buy the game at release but I have it now anyway. Yet I still feel guilty...

Valve should cover price mistakes.

Zafir

Valve usually covers price mistakes.

Either way, the game seems overpriced for what it is anyway. Unless they surprise us with ALOT of new game modes.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Home -- MB-352201A7C6A33606 - Taken by freshVeggie
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-306A2535E6F93CFE - Taken by kevin1025

I don't. i jump on any pricing error i see! :3

Either way, the game seems overpriced for what it is anyway. Unless they surprise us with ALOT of new game modes.

yea i agree. multiplayer only games shouldn't charge $50-60 imo. $30 tops and even thats pushing it imo

Dr Dogg

"Huh, why did the thread explode with over a dozen added pages while I was go... oh."
It was fun to watch the Evolve prices climb and climb as more and more gouging got added, tho, even though the "me too" posts themselves were kinda sad and pathetic =p

Never under estimte the power of pricing. When Evolve was cleaning up with a couple of Best in Show gongs there were quite a few willing to jump all over it and asking why it was chosen instead of other titles. Good job I'm not too heavily into MP these days outside Battlefield as my poor old intenet connection would have me in a perpetual lobby queue by the spunds of things for the Alpha.

JustinBB7

Agree with most of you, not gonna pay 50 for a multi only game, though it says single player on the steam page, but I guess that's just with bots?

Lomax

Compared to the millions of sales they are no doubt projecting for the console versions, a one day blip like this is barely even going to register.

Valve should cover price mistakes.

There's never been anything but assumptions that happens, and when the price mistake happens in only one region that's generally caused by it getting set incorrectly by the publisher, not Valve. And we know for a fact that when publisher/developer pricing is the cause for a mistake they only get what the game was sold for.

MUnited83

For you.
Valve covers price mistakes, im sure. And a few hundred copies are not likely to make much of dent on sales.

AsylumX

I think that happens when the price error comes from a large discount... like 9X% and so on... but this one was different. I think that they are the ones that set prices on a region basis, so 100% their fault.

Turfster

Good job I'm not too heavily into MP these days outside Battlefield as my poor old intenet connection would have me in a perpetual lobby queue by the spunds of things for the Alpha.

I can't even play the lobby waiting game yet.
It decrypted, and now it's been "updating" itself for the last 20 minutes.

Also, what the fuck is the point of a 10 person lobby for a 4+1 player game?

They said they are already planning paid DLC for new monsters and maps and even have this pre-order DLC monster.

Kinda sad, because I guess thats why the game wont be there anymore in 2 years. If they dont release some kind of modding-tools, I guess the community will die out sooner or later.

L4D1 and 2 are still played today, because its still supported from Valve themselves and map-makers...

cHinzo

Already planning my next preview, I'm going to take Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, unless anyone else is up for it?

Do it! I loved The Guardian of Light and more impressions of the sequel are always welcome. :D Really hope it at least reach the same level of fun from the first game.

Zafir

They said they are already planning paid DLC for new monsters and maps and even have this pre-order DLC monster.

Kinda sad, because I guess thats why the game wont be there anymore in 2 years. If they dont release some kind of modding-tools, I guess the community will die out sooner or later.

L4D1 and 2 are still played today, because its still supported from Valve themselves and map-makers...

Yeah but maps and monsters isn't enough in my opinion. I feel like the monster vs 4 humans will get stale pretty quickly.

L.O.R.D

how to check the game version i have ?
i remember there was a command i enter to see some info about the game i have

Yeah but maps and monsters isn't enough in my opinion. I feel like the monster vs 4 humans will get stale pretty quickly.

Maybe later they make some kind of "L4D" mode with some smaller monsters instead of zombies.

I really wonder what they wanna do with the game in the long run. If it has a long run...

KarmaCow

Maybe later they make some kind of "L4D" mode with some smaller monsters instead of zombies.

I really wonder what they wanna do with the game in the long run. If it has a long run...

Mod support would go a long way, though it would undermine the typical DLC release schedule for games now.

Skyzard

Banned
Missed Evolve price error because I was playing Evolve.

Are people able to buy like 10 copies when they see something like this? You'd need an Indonesian steam account right?

Dr Dogg

Speaking of multiplayer and pricing, I know that the MP side of things is usually more repetative than Single Player content but how many of your replay single player games over and over again? Isn't that overpriced for a one and done game at £40/€50/$60 compared to a multi only title that if the community is healthy can last much, much longer. I got about 500 hours out of Bad Company 2 (bizarely on PS3) and only about 7 of that was single player amd that portion was never touched again. So if we divy up the £35 I paid for it then the single player portion was worth 30p there or there abouts where as the multi was worth £34.70. Now you can't really devide fun up into metrics like that, of course not as I had waaaaay more fun with the multi than the single player campaign.

Each to their own I guess but it's not something you can put a price on and no one knows how a community will grow or last with multi focused games and that's the key point to take away.

I can't even play the lobby waiting game yet.
It decrypted, and now it's been "updating" itself for the last 20 minutes.

Also, what the fuck is the point of a 10 person lobby for a 4+1 player game?

Well it is an Alpha. Though I'm guessing of the marketing sort.

Missed Evolve price error because I was playing Evolve.

Are people able to buy like 10 copies when they see something like this? You'd need like an Indonesian steam account right?

After you bought some copies you have a cooldown of 1 hour. Not sure though exactly how much copies you can buy.

Turfster

So while I was stuck in decryption/update limbo, the people I was going to try evolve with gave up in disgust because the lobby/matchmaking is a totally broken mess... even after the patch that supposedly fixed that today.

smh.

Nzyme32

True, although I think games like these really come into their own once they are out and in package deals for multiple copies. I recall something similar when I was gifted BL1. I later bought a couple of 4 packs and spread them with friends so we could all play as different groups of 4 when we had time. It worked out really well, although I hate BL now haha

Lomax

So is the NBA 2K15 free play weekend the first time we've had a free play weekend and no sale on the related game at all?

Pretty bummed I missed Evolve. I'm actually excited for the game, whereas it seems like a lot of people just grabbed it for sake of grabbing it. Ah well, all's fair is prices and errors I suppose... But I did get Alien for $.33, so I really can't complain.

And I finally managed to get my hands on an Xbone controller, one of the display units at Wal-Mart. Seeing a little bit of discussion about it. Overall, it feels damn good, but those bumpers are disgusting. Making me reconsider my decision to buy one at some point in the future.

madjoki

Probably only if it's Valve's fault. Publishers can enter prices themselves, so it can be their mistake, and I don't see why Valve would cover it.

I'm guessing that if you enter an Argentinean card you will have to use the Argentine store.

That makes total sense. Thanks!

i used that cc=us thing a lot and never had any problems

also u missed tim schafer at metropolis (i like to call it metropolis) last year

tim was awesome~~~

Great, will keep using it then. I saw a youtube video of Schafer at Metropolis (it does sound cooler). Someone was cosplaying as Manny from Grim Fandango. It's nice that Metropolis keeps doing this conference thingy.

Nzyme32

Probably only if it's Valve's fault. Publishers can enter prices themselves, so it can be their mistake, and I don't see why Valve would cover it.

I think you are right, or I think it is more likely that Valve might help out as a one time gesture. If they kept doing it, pubs / devs could just take advantage and use price errors as a way to cause a stir and get interest. It has worked on me serveral times on missing such errors and hearing more about the games here

Some stuff I had lying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KU: SHROUD OF THE MORRIGAN -- MB-481ABA3CA8ABF8E5 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Borealis -- MB-D03AEDD945323BE1 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
One Day for Ched -- MB-DC119FD8937205C8 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Home -- MB-015E084E64422B19 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1414798572z1.png

Asskicker

Compared to the millions of sales they are no doubt projecting for the console versions, a one day blip like this is barely even going to register.

There's never been anything but assumptions that happens, and when the price mistake happens in only one region that's generally caused by it getting set incorrectly by the publisher, not Valve. And we know for a fact that when publisher/developer pricing is the cause for a mistake they only get what the game was sold for.

I hope they cover it for turtle rocks sake, they made some great games!

Lomax

I think you are right, or I think it is more likely that Valve might help out as a one time gesture. If they kept doing it, pubs / devs could just take advantage and use price errors as a way to cause a stir and get interest. It has worked on me serveral times on missing such errors and hearing more about the games here

Valve definitely does not cover mistakes that are the publisher's fault, even if they were caused by not understanding Valve's sales system:
http://www.lostdecadegames.com/awl-numbers/

And we don't have any real proof they cover any price mistakes at all, and they may even have things in their contracts that protects them just in case. Just like Amazon clearly has stuff in their contracts that allows them to price match without publisher approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom