• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Just saw The Detail on Steam and it seems a neat Point & Click adventure. It's been a while since I played on these and seems a nice game to play in the winter. Might keep an eye on after all the episodes are released!

Also, saw someone complaining about my review of XCOM: Enemy Unknown because it had no score but to be honest, I just post my little impressions when I write my reviews and I do not wish to put a score in the end. I prefer that someone to actually read them if they are truly interested instead of looking just at the score I gave to a game. Also, this is a review on Steam, it's far from a professional thing and I do it just for the people who like to read them. For those who read Steam reviews (not from the major websites) are these that important for you?

Man I could give you tons of great PnC games to play.
Have you gotten the Blackwell series? Those are great. Simple but really good stories.

GOG.com has Sam and Max Hit the road, get that too, as it's a funny and crazy PnC game.

MaLDo

A few games

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaLDo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-983A7342F69515C7 - Taken by Shalashaska
Syder Arcade -- MB-52BBFD44D7DB079D - Taken by Benedict
To the Moon -- MB-245BA00087175914 - Taken by HeebieJeebies
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-4219872EB1DB516B - Taken by NG28
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-5CC0CDE75BEC6702 - Taken by RyanPierre
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-8DBCE4EC24A242F6 - Taken by Darth Kupi
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-47DBB797D8752D04 - Taken by Majukun
Papo & Yo -- MB-26E7CA5464800F53 - Taken by Woody Invincible
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-E3550C766F925966 - Taken by theRizzle

koma

I wonder how many games I have left rotting out on random Bundle sites? I just went through my Indie Gala Account and there were 6 new keys I hadn't claimed. Here's one more spare:

Thanks for the spare! This was in my watch-list, it looks line an interesting exploration game :)

Spyware

It's interesting how people write "man", "dude" and "sir" in the thank you-PMs.
Also a bit sad. Assuming someone is male seems to be the norm here too.

Ohwell.
Been playing Murdered: Soul Suspect lately. It is so far a really good game. It's like it was made just for me. Always fun when you find that kind of game!

i mean you have a tristana avatar so clearly shame you have none

Far enough, but it's hard not to like that new splash, especially if you're a Curse/Voy fan like I am. The salute just screams "Cya nerds!"

And hey, you have a fairly generic looking anime girl as your avatar, you can't really talk.

Thelta

Neo Member
Well, none of my friends are interested in Risk of Rain so,
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-5410979856EBD262 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-083A493BA02E78AD - Taken by Shari. 4 entrants total.

t1414529220z1.png

The_Monk

Man I could give you tons of great PnC games to play.
Have you gotten the Blackwell series? Those are great. Simple but really good stories.

GOG.com has Sam and Max Hit the road, get that too, as it's a funny and crazy PnC game.

I know, I usually keep an eye on the PnC thread since there are such great recommendations there. :) I haven't tried Blackwell but I have one of them installed, will probably get them all first and then play them in order.

So for those who saw my post yesterday, I think I made a decision:

Im going to my hometown's state school next fall rather than drop out all together although I'm going to withdraw from classes this semester . It might not be a private school but at least I'll save money and have my support group around me. Plus I think i'll finish sociology and double major in computer science. At least im feeling a bit better about this decision. Spring will give me some time to clear my head and stack some money.

Thank you steamGAF for all your input, I really appreciate it.

dot

Ohwell.
Been playing Murdered: Soul Suspect lately. It is so far a really good game. It's like it was made just for me. Always fun when you find that kind of game!

Eh, i've never used those words to thank people. But i did just use one that you would like. :p

Well, none of my friends are interested in Risk of Rain so,

yur not momo D:

Ohwell.

I think 'dude' could maybe be gender neutral, I mean, 'dudette' doesn't really sound all that good to me personally.

Though usually, I end up using 'mate' or 'pal' in this context, since it seems to avoid those issues.

zkylon

zkylewd
Far enough, but it's hard not to like that new splash, especially if you're a Curse/Voy fan like I am. The salute just screams "Cya nerds!"

And hey, you have a fairly generic looking anime girl as your avatar, you can't really talk.
fairly generic!

the nerve...

Ohwell.
i generally try using generics like friend/buddy for that reason

even tho mentally i just assign people the gender of their avatar aka everyone's a girl in my mind

Dr Dogg

I swear that the powers that be (well the ones of the consumerist deities I worship) don't want me to have any disposable income left this month, the week even. First all the Ghibli Steelbooks went on sale, then the first LucasArt games turn up on GOG, now there's that awesome Humble Bundle and I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel of my budget. Plus there's bound to be a few things in the Halloween Sale in a couple of days right before pay day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yup. Lords is just crashing all over the place now, impossible to play a dark souls-style game where it can crash at any minute

shame, it actually seems quite good

So for those who saw my post yesterday, I think I made a decision:

Im going to my hometown's state school next fall rather than drop out all together although I'm going to withdraw from classes this semester . It might not be a private school but at least I'll save money and have my support group around me. Plus I think i'll finish sociology and double major in computer science. At least im feeling a bit better about this decision. Spring will give me some time to clear my head and stack some money.

Thank you steamGAF for all your input, I really appreciate it.

I've been doing that since last year. Had been going to a public university but the financial hit was hard, especially after Rick Scott took away my scholarship the May of my Freshman year because he has no soul, and my anxiety was making taking classes a practice in futility. Going to a local college has really helped clear my head and stuff.

Dr Dogg

yup. Lords is just crashing all over the place now, impossible to play a dark souls-style game where it can crash at any minute

Sounds like City Interactive upped their game from reading the impressions in the OT. Well on the gameplay front not the technical side of things.

That's disappointing. I hate when that happens. I kept having crashing issues with Alien, which kinda diminished my excitement when I could lose a big chunk of progress multiple times.

Edit: I could totally be a girl and only like 4 of you would know otherwise.

rtcn63

Before you can adequately traverse the not-true dark souls, you must face the true dark souls.

I think Confucius said it.

derExperte

RPS is having problems with the game too: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/28/lords-of-the-fallen-pc-review/

It began with extreeemmee frame drops, slowdown, screen-tear, dodgy collision detection and so on – these would come and go, but at a certain point I decided to check all my drivers, uninstall the game, and start from scratch.

After this point Lords of the Fallen was never the same again, with the loading times lengthened enormously and multiple crashes the order of the day. Then things got worse and on three separate occasions it bluescreened my PC (don’t say I never do anything for you).

There is apparently a 5GB patch incoming for Lords of the Fallen

The_Monk

Hope there's a fix soon, it's a shame if that keep happening, thanks for the quick stream either way. A friend of mine will be getting the console version so I might try it later on. *runs*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I swear that the powers that be (well the ones of the consumerist deities I worship) don't want me to have any disposable income left this month, the week even. First all the Ghibli Steelbooks went on sale, then the first LucasArt games turn up on GOG, now there's that awesome Humble Bundle and I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel of my budget. Plus there's bound to be a few things in the Halloween Sale in a couple of days right before pay day.

Same here. Next month is going to be worse, since Smash Wii U and 2 new Pokemon games all come out on the same day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

i fixed my performance issues by going fullscreen (someone on another thread said that SLI doesnt play nice with borderless aparently, which seems to be true for this, but then I got all excited to try Mordor, and it still ran like ass, but anyway), but the crashes are ridiculous

Like I said earlier, I had 2 crashes on the tutorial boss, then tried a bit later and it finally worked. and now its crashing in completely random places.

game actually seems great too, how frustrating. lets hope a patch fixes it, impossible to recomend (and play) like this

Parsnip

Huh, seems like actual retail copy of LotF is the cheapest option right now.
Haven't seen that in a while over here.

Or maybe I just haven't looked.

Jørdan

I think sometimes Valve severely underestimates the value of small changes.

Agreed, it's just frustrating knowing their abilities and how much better our experience with the store and client could be from even the most minor of tweaks. When you use both daily and encounter the same little niggles it grates.

This only filters operating systems, not versions. There seems to be no distinction between XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / ME / whatever. If you're browsing on Windows, you'll see Windows games. They still may or may not work with your particular version.

Figures, would have been a really neat to filter by Win OS version, ruling out hundreds if not thousands of unplayable games from taunting me :p

Spyware

Woah, too many answers to quote but okay, I guess "dude" and "man" can be said to women too but it still looks a lot like you're assuming that you're talking to a man. I don't usually care too much tho, it's just interesting to see.

Yeah same for me. Started with "okay, it's my b-day soon, this can be my b-day gift for myself!" and then went completely downhill from there :p

Managed to break OlliOlli with the tricktionary, it wouldn't open anymore and dropped my FPS to like single digits. Here's some other seemingly weird things going on like the back navigation/menus being all over the place. However, it was pretty damn fun. But I swear that some of those tricks are easier to pull on a real skateboard :p (I have been skating 20 years soon so that might help too)

fairly generic!

the nerve...

I'm on mobile, I can't see if it's anyone in particular. It's tiny.

even tho mentally i just assign people the gender of their avatar aka everyone's a girl in my mind

Same for me. It's pretty much the same as adressing people in MOBAs by the name and gender of the champ/hero/god/shaper/whatever they're playing. It was always weird when I used to Skype a lot of people and they had various female anime or video game characters as their avatar, then they speak with a fairly deep, manly voice.

Dr Dogg

Same here. Next month is going to be worse, since Smash Wii U and 2 new Pokemon games all come out on the same day.

Plus Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is out on the same day as Smash over here. I'm sooo glad Captain Toad got put back to early Jan so I've at least got some breathing space. I know I can wait on Smash as it will probably get the most use around Christmas when family are round but it's my missus who's more after it than me so it's preordered and she hates games! I was hoping to ride the year out without spending any more after MGSV: Ground Zeroes and pick up a few impulse purchases in the sales but I just know after I've sorted my Xmas shopping I'm going to go nuts. I mean Valkyria Chronicles is getting snapped up the second it's available :(

Yeah same for me. Started with "okay, it's my b-day soon, this can be my b-day gift for myself!" and then went completely downhill from there :p

Well I've been doing alright since July and have reigned things in but too many things that have interested me have come around at the right price at the right time. Or I could just be honest with myself and say I'm incredible weak when something shiny is shown to me.

Newblade

It's getting cumbersome getting so many spares. I'm sure I have a few more from IndieGala and BundleStars.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs -- MB-E8B9C8ACC7741C6D - Taken by Kiru
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-AF8FA79407653F56
Zafehouse: Diaries -- MB-F1858EE0AB907B2C - Taken by alr1ght
Risk of Rain -- MB-82594AEE818645E1 - Taken by Kuroyume
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-E4E78F4C48DAE622 - Taken by EdmondD
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-AF62155E7F877930 - Taken by MaLDo
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-F4117EBD16C44AF0 - Taken by damaph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom