• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
*Pft* I just bought my 3rd 2DS.

you've done well
2232800.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's cause my little cousin and God daughter took the others with my Rune Factory waifus!

im trying to translate this from milamber to normal person...im having a hard time

raffle was over hours ago. please take this game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-FD425F273E3477EC - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.

t1414541640z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I tried to play MGR's DLC the day before yesterday, then I got my ass handed back to me(is it just me? Or is Sam's parry window a lot shorter than Raiden's), then I realized I got other games to finish so I uninstalled it.
imo metal gear rising is actually not a good game :/

it's like a mediocre action game with a few (brightly) shining moments that i enjoy because they remind me of better games like bayonetta

i really didn't like it at all

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought your 970 was coming anyway? or is Unity out next week or something? I havent been following it

I was going to sell one of my 670s, but now that the PCI-E slot works again there's no pressing need for me to do so, so I'll just wait until after the Winter Sale.

Milamber

im trying to translate this from milamber to normal person...im having a hard time

First 2DS:
Cousin: "Onii-chan, can I play your 3DS?"
Ore-sama: "Sure." *hands it over*
Cousin: "Mom, this is so good. Can you buy me one?"
Obaa-san: "Can you sell this to me at half price?"
Ore-sama: "Uuuh... okay."

*goes off to buy another one with new Rune Factory 4*

Second 2DS:
God Daughter-tan: "Onii-chan, can I play your 3DS?"
Ore-sama: "YES! ANYTHING FOR YOU MY CUTE LITTLE GOD DAUGHTER!"
God Daughter-tan: "This is so fun. Can I have this?"
God Daughter-tan: "Yay." *hugs*
Ore-sama: "HHHNNNNGGGGG!!!" *death by moe*

*goes off to buy another one with Fantasy Life instead*

EDIT: Also I'm holding back for the N3DS XL.

imo metal gear rising is actually not a good game :/

it's like a mediocre action game with a few (brightly) shining moments that i enjoy because they remind me of better games like bayonetta

i really didn't like it at all

I think gameplay wise it was nothing special, but design was amazing, it was a really spectacular game where you feel like a total badass all the time, that's why I liked it, but DMC4 is much better.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Villagers and heroes stronghold DLC #2 -- MB-12E2B8BB0784B543 - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Villagers and heroes stronghold DLC #3 -- MB-64B14341C1D14840
Villagers and heroes stronghold DLC -- MB-3A3ECD5191753995
Villagers and heroes stronghold DLC #4 -- MB-4028BAA042A27E8F
Villagers and heroes stronghold DLC #5 -- MB-58A8DA55E4D0D5EA
Risk of Rain -- MB-81B7CC491DBD48D2 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-BA46847DE36557A2 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-2A92AAA6B58E7587 - Taken by schwupp. 3 entrants total.
Have a great Halloween

t1414567742z1.png

JaseC

Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare's pre-load period can't be far off now as a bunch of depots were added to the subs earlier.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
First 2DS:

Second 2DS:

this is WAAAAAY more creepy than cute X__X

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
First 2DS:

Second 2DS:

I love you Milamber

zkylon

zkylewd
I think gameplay wise it was nothing special, but design was amazing, it was a really spectacular game where you feel like a total badass all the time, that's why I liked it, but DMC4 is much better.

i dunno, it's not my genre but i didn't care for its mechanics at all and i thought the encounter design was very frustrating. like fuck those gorilla dudes, i get mad just thinking about them

like ughhh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Teleglitch -- MB-99AB74A94367E6A9
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-19C2E8C9BDF837A3 - Taken by nightstorm

milena87

Italian prices for Internet are just ridicoulous.
They finally put an optical fiber here, guess what? 30€ each month for six months, then 45€ each months, you can download at a maximum speed of 30 Mbps, but of course it won't work this way, at least with my 7 Mbps my download are very crappy and Internet generally works VERY bad, I'm lucky if my 7 Mbps is a 2 Mbps.

Yeah, but thank god the option is now there. Before I was paying for a 7Mbps, but it was actually 640 Kbps (the same as it was in 2001 when I first decided to have an internet connection).
And for that disgusting thing I was paying around 20€ a month.

45€ for 26 Mbps seems a better deal personally.

Anyway, today I should receive my new headphones and I'll be ready to try The Evil Within.
I'm scared already ç_ç

Yeah, that's just the overall Steam icon / logo now. Pretty much everywhere except the header of the site. sigh

Okay, I just checked it out, that's definitely the SteamOS icon. Windows has a windows icon and Mac has an apple icon. So, either they spoiled it, or something that I haven't thought about and seems the more likely, it shows the dropdown menu before they chose it. Aka it's on a linux machine and the pic shows every game including Win ones and if they chose "Games I can play" then from those only BL would stay.

JaseC

Okay, I just checked it out, that's definitely the SteamOS icon. Windows has a windows icon and Mac has an apple icon. So, either they spoiled it, or something that I haven't thought about and seems the more likely, it shows the dropdown menu before they chose it. Aka it's on a linux machine and the pic shows every game including Win ones and if they chose "Games I can play" then from those only BL would stay.

There's nothing in the registry pointing to Linux versions of either game, so they wouldn't show up as Linux titles intentionally.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's that time of the year again where I wish Konami would get off their ass and put up Silent Hill 2/3 on PC. You don't even have to do anything to get SH3 to boot on anything modern, just an FOV fix and an ini tweak for resolution. Could maybe do with some tooling around to get native controller support shoehorned in. But hell all they need to do is just have an intern install the damn thing, copy the install directory and replace the EXE with one that has the disc check removed. Bam, Konami is raking in the money.

It'd save me the trouble of needing to spend most of an hour for my ancient/dying disc drive spinning up and needing to install all 5 CDs, too.

Arthea

lemme try this:
Milamber-kun, can I play your 3DS with Fantasy Life?

edited: groupees greatly pleases me by letting me buy the Last Door for $1.5, I planned to buy at Halloween sale
Also where that info about new Doujin bundle came from, I don't see anything like this. (._.)

Deques

This is off-topic
I don't know how to search for the solution on my problem.

I have Win8.1 installed on my computer, ever since I have it installed it I have noticed that animations is stuttering. For example the steam notifications, the animation on when it pops up and pops down is stuttering.
Another example is when using Chrome, when creating new tabs or closing them the animation is not fluid as it was in Windows 7.

I have no problems when playing games. I get satisfying frame rate.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
This is off-topic
I don't know how to search for the solution on my problem.

I have Win8.1 installed on my computer, ever since I have it installed it I have noticed that animations is stuttering. For example the steam notifications, the animation on when it pops up and pops down is stuttering.
Another example is when using Chrome, when creating new tabs or closing them the animation is not fluid as it was in Windows 7.

I have no problems when playing games. I get satisfying frame rate.

update your video driver

could be a ram issue

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So spintires is on sale at 40% off. I've had it on my wish list since watching the Giantbomb quick look, but I'd like some impressions fro those that have played it

Edit: damn you autocorrect

Also where that info about new Doujin bundle came from, I don't see anything like this. (._.)
The background was posted awhile back, and judging by the CAG thread, one of the employees mentioned it on Twitter or some sort of social media. Preorder goes up tomorrow.

Arthea

The background was posted awhile back, and judging by the CAG thread, one of the employees mentioned it on Twitter or some sort of social media. Preorder goes up tomorrow.

oh, that's nice, I already thought we'll never see one again.

Uuuuh... no, please no. *runs away*

you can't run away from your destiny!

Talking about Rune Factory. Why we still have no alike indie game, I know that two are in the making, but that takes long, oh so long.
Is it too complex and too much work for indies?

is this an elderly dating sim I don't know about?

damn, I would so buy that!
dying on the date is 11 of 12 endings (><)

Knurek

oh, that's nice, I already thought we'll never see one again.

Nothing will beat the glory of the first doujin bundle.
Nothing... Well, maybe a Touhou 6-13 bundle. Maybe.

//EDIT
Oh wait, La Mulana was in the first Groupees Greenlight bundle.
Nothing will beat the glory of that.

Deques

//EDIT

Touhou games? On ma computer? Do want!!

Milamber

Talking about Rune Factory. Why we still have no alike indie game, I know that two are in the making, but that takes long, oh so long.
Is it too complex and too much work for indies?
pZw7ljY.gif

That is the only thing that annoys on the PC. Where my PC waifus at!?

Arthea

//EDIT

yeah, the first one was glorious, legendary even.

your edit is wrong!

edited:

huge greenlight update - 14 games were greenlit in last couple of days.
among them is Planet Centauri that I can see, others remain mystery.

indie take on King's Bounty

the city building game

somewhat interesting concept, weather survival game (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom