• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozendo

So I just started Mafia 2 and I've enjoyed the game from what little I've played.
Will I be bound to chapters throughout the whole game?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So I just started Mafia 2 and I've enjoyed the game from what little I've played.
Will I be bound to chapters throughout the whole game?

Yes. You should really not treat it as an open world game if you want to have fun with it

Kaleinc

Banned
It's a Crytek game, have you guys seen Crytek games high settings on PC. What were you expecting, to be able to run it at high settings on a E8400 and a GTX 560?
Actually, yes I expect it to run flawlessly but on a less powerful CPU.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-09-04_12-31-24.jpg

I'll just leave this here, lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never understand the appeal of a game like Ryse

kudoboi

have not gotten any trading cards yet for DR3 despite playing for 2 hrs. anyone else have this issue? i didnt use a VPN to unlock it either

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Okay, those are the last decent games I have lying around. All keys should be fresh but since there is no way to actually check some might be already used. Pretty sure that's not the case but I can't guarantee it. Good luck
ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fantastapotamus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ittle Dew -- MB-295A659106F33234 - Taken by Myshkin. 8 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-11BEC91A887192DB
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-144DBFF741EDBC6C - Taken by ReduxMachine. 4 entrants total.
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-4EA0C9B623289450 - Taken by AsylumX. 9 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-62CF0BE02D99C44E - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-40923A94BC5A0A57 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-BB94BE9A4E66B105 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-4FA8F90914588555 - Taken by vvise. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin)- -- MB-2179531D5992B066
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E7C4F559DC561B70
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-FBA8E70D05FD9338

t1409837290z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
have not gotten any trading cards yet for DR3 despite playing for 2 hrs. anyone else have this issue? i didnt use a VPN to unlock it either

Cards won't drop until the game's general release status has changed to "released". This wasn't the case in the past, however some developers began using release state overrides to idle for cards and sell them to badge collectors (whom I like to call "badgers") at relatively high prices, so Valve changed the system such that cards only drop once the app is available generally.

Arthea

Cards won't drop until the game's general release status has changed to "released". This wasn't the case in the past, however some developers began using release state overrides to idle for cards and sell them to badge collectors (whom I like to call "badgers") at relatively high prices, so Valve changed the system such that cards only drop once the app is available generally.

oh wow
I thought devs are busy people, like you know never being able to finish what they are doing in time and such

edited: talking about Fantastapotamus giveaway, get on that Metal Slug 3 insanity, I vouch for this game.

Sub Zero

Wow, I knew that press people were doing this but it sounds very shady and kinda pathetic if the developer would do the same

Vuze

Ugh. I knew press people were doing this and I've seen quite a few even from well-known outlets but developers themselves? lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, I knew that press people were doing this but it sounds very shady and kinda pathetic if the developer would do the same
Ugh. I knew press peopel were doing this and I've seen quite a few even from well-known outlets but developers themselves? lol

There's an example sitting at the tip of my mind but I can't remember the name. But, yeah, people were abusing early access (as in earlier access to the game, not early access as in Early Access) so Valve stepped in.

AHA-Lambda

There's an example sitting at the tip of my mind but I can't remember the name. But, yeah, people were abusing early access (as in earlier access to the game, not early access as in Early Access) so Valve stepped in.

Wow, that's disgusting.

kudoboi

AFAIK goat simulator dev had the game's trading card on steam market before the game was out

i guess ill get like 3 or 4 trading cards for DR3 when it officially releases tmr :D

Humh, GTA 5 just popped in GMG, tho 60€ is quite expensive D:. What do you guys think the real price will be?

still no pricing for me. just says coming soon

Sub Zero

I don't really understand these badge collectors some times. They know that the prices of the cards are going to drop dramatically when the game releases. Are they that desperate to flex their e-penis by crafting the badge early and paying ridiculous amounts of money for the cards?

Yaska

AFAIK goat simulator dev had the game's trading card on steam market before the game was out

i guess ill get like 3 or 4 trading cards for DR3 when it officially releases tmr :D

still no pricing for me. just says coming soon

Sorry, the price seems to pop out only if you use the search function.

Sub Zero

I know that GMG acts on it's own with pre-orders but I wonder if this and the recent changes to the game's depot on steamdb mean that the game will go up for pre-order on Steam soon.

Palpable

I'm really interested in getting the Skyrim Legendary pack, but I also really want to wait for a sale. Any idea if it may go on sale anytime soon, or ever (I don't recall seeing it on sale in the past)?

By the way, would one of you in the Steam gaf group kindly send me an invite? Solidsnake160 - Thanks!

Arthea

Humh, GTA 5 just popped in GMG, tho 60€ is quite expensive D:. What do you guys think the real price will be?
what do you mean? basically everybody that's into regional pricing and has high profile games under they sleeve, goes with 60€ now. FGS even Yaiba was priced 60€ at the start!
I know this price looks unreal, but it's painfully real.

derExperte

Not sure if I want to preorder Ryse or not but risk it to get region locked.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201935809

I'm a bit biased because he's my friend, of course, but still, it's a game mainly inspired by Treasure and stuff, which as you can tell i love. You can buy the game DRM-Free from their site, and they have a free version too. Its a neat little game.

He, apparently I voted for that a while ago. With 'Not interested'. But I changed the vote because you're right, seeing the shite that gets greenlit it doesn't really matter anyway.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can almost guarantee you that Skyrim will be on sale on christmas, Legendary probably too.
At this point I'm pretty sure I can guess 95% of all daily deals during the christmas sale

Looks like new games got greenlit

Caffeine - An Unreal Engine 4 Sci-Fi Horror / Adventure Hybrid
Into Blue Valley
Vagante
Hellgate
Madness: Project Nexus 2
Guns, Gore & Cannoli
Oort Online
Hardland

What's up with these small unannounced batches of recently submited games getting greenlight?

Wait. Wait wait wait. Hellgate? THAT Hellgate`?

BlueRainbowFT
(Today, 05:54 PM)

That actually made me laugh :p

you mean first it was an apple, then it rotted away, and soon only sadness will remain?

If by apple you mean that at first it was a really sour granny smith, then yes. Then it definitely got ripe becoming a pretty tasteful experience, and finally it rotted becoming uncontrollably full of unwanted "guests". As for the future, yeah... I guess sadness is spot on.

Ronik

People say it is good,saw a gameplay video,looked like openttd with trains and good gfx.It is under my rader though will pick it up during some sales.Also can we host a openttd server again?last time it was epic!

Thanks, it looks good, except for the UI, which seems pretty rough. Hopefully they can iron it out until it appears in some sale.

Yaska

what do you mean? basically everybody that's into regional pricing and has high profile games under they sleeve, goes with 60€ now. FGS even Yaiba was priced 60€ at the start!
I know this price looks unreal, but it's painfully real.
It's likely, but one can always hope for a decent PC pricing of 50€. Also it seems to be placeholder due to the fact that it only pops out in the search instead of the GMG store-page. So might be just safe pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom