• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

zVyFhDV.jpg

did I win

Kezen

Banned
Ryse Son of Rome's Steampage is up and system requirements have been released.

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.8 GHz/ AMD Dual-Core 3.2 GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB video RAM
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 26 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Quad-Core or AMD Octo-Core
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 4 GB video RAM
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 26 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Kezen

Banned
Holy shit those recommended specs. Here I thought Next-Gen consoles meant better optimization to PC, but apparently fucking not.

What makes you think the game is not optimized ? Everything points out to Ryse being extremely scalable.
Demanding =/ unoptimized.

xBladeM6x

They're what I was expecting, although you could probably get away just fine with 6GB RAM rather than 8GB.

You were supposed to post a pigeon, not an angel. Silly shark!

I'm more talking about that GPU 4GB RAM. That's disgusting. We need to add a new category to ALL games. Minimum, Recommended, Optimal. That last one being every setting maxed. I remember Metro and Crysis doing this with the release of the 680, 690, and Titan.

Kezen

Banned
I'm more talking about that GPU 4GB RAM. That's disgusting. We need to add a new category to ALL games. Minimum, Recommended, Optimal. That last one being every setting maxed. I remember Metro and Crysis doing this with the release of the 680, 690, and Titan.

What's the problem with those recommended specs ? Without specified targets it's hard to make anything of them but knowing Crytek I have no reason to believe Ryse won't be well optimized.

Crysis 3 was very taxing too, for legitimate reasons.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You have to keep in mind that system requirements aren't an exact science -- for all we know the recommended list could refer to what one needs to run the game acceptably at 1080p or higher with max settings (AA/AF aside), in which case 4GB makes perfect sense considering textures and shadows are memory hogs (see: Watch Dogs and Wolf14).

Addnan

It's a Crytek game, have you guys seen Crytek games high settings on PC. What were you expecting, to be able to run it at high settings on a E8400 and a GTX 560?

KainXVIII

It's a Crytek game, have you guys seen Crytek games high settings on PC. What were you expecting, to be able to run it at high settings on a E8400 and a GTX 560?

Crytek games (except Crysis 1) all pretty good optimized for pc, even Crysis 3 works much better then Far Cry 3 on my rig, lol.

Arthea

It maybe anecdotal evidence, but most of the time I find reqs being concocted out of thin air, only one that's more or less reliable is place on disk.
Sometimes games that have very low reqs gobbles all CPU for no reason that I can see, sometimes (like Civ5), games that are taxing run perfectly fine on medium specs.
As Jasec said, it's not an exact science, more like magic or something (><)

Is modbot down? he's not responding
it tried to play Hatoful Boyfriend, still processing it. I think we won't see him in a long time (><)

Anyone tried Anarchy Arcade out yet?

Edit:
48AE1C72EBD96EA9E2D2789BAD7C0306F630E11E

Yeah, I tried it yesterday and it was amazing, it's like my dream aracde made true!

There's plenty of options to customize pretty much everything: you can put in there movies, TV shows, Youtube videos, you can pick different models of cabinets, etc.
It was also nice to see how once launched the program imported authomatically a bunch of games from my Steam library - btw also some that I have never installed -, only thing I could do with a much bigger arcade than just two rooms; if I could dream big about something that I could never have in real life, I would like a multi-floor arcade like the one I saw in Piccadilly Circus, London - that sadly has been shut down for all I know.

Kezen

Banned
If that's true, that's understandable, and I retract my statement of it being ridiculously high.
On the official forums :

However, we have previously mentioned that "Ryse: Son of Rome" supports glorious 4k resolutions, so you might be wondering what specs you would need to run it like this?

Here you go!

[b[Recommended Specs to run "Ryse: Son of Rome" at 4K: [/b]

CPU: Quad Core or Eight Core CPU
CPU Details: SSE1-3, 8+ logical processors
Memory: 8 GB RAM
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 4 GB video RAM
HDD: 26GB
Display: 4k Monitor (3840x2160 resolution)
Steam Account and Internet Connection

hepburn3d

Re-posting while mod bot is down

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hepburn3d, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-20CF4BDD9FB2F438 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 107 entrants total.

t1409857184z1.png

Dascu

From Crytek

"PC version of Ryse is an enhanced edition. We optimized the game, cutting all the angles from the One version. Now you can play Ryse without the need to following a proper plot.
All you need to do is mashing button. Story isn't important, after all, and we took all the feedbacks from fans here and turned out an improved version of the game, just for you."

But I like my angular PC graphics.

Kezen

Banned
Hmm, I wonder if my 2GB 670s will suffice at 1680x1050.
More than fine. The game runs on an Xbox One after all. The game will most likely not even saturate your VRAM at this resolution.

Statement retracted. I was under the impression that was 1080p settings since that's still the standard.
And that would have been perfectly acceptable to me. "Ultra" textures would require 4GB even at 1080p while the other presets would make sure everyone could find the right trade-off.

An immensely demanding game can also be an immensely scalable one.

Addnan

Crytek games (except Crysis 1) all pretty good optimized for pc, even Crysis 3 works much better then Far Cry 3 on my rig, lol.

Yeah I know, Crysis 2 and 3 are amazingly optimised, but to make it look its best you still need a decent rig because Crysis 3 at minimum looks better than a ton of games at high.

JaseC

More than fine. The game runs on an Xbox One after all. The game will most likely not even saturate your VRAM at this resolution.

I should clarify that I'm referring to max settings, with the exception of AA (SMAA is good enough for my eyes) and AF (which, despite the fact that AF is virtually "free" these days, I usually just set to 8x since I have to look hard to spot the difference between it and 16x).

Kezen

Banned
I should clarify that I'm referring to max settings, with the exception of AA (SMAA is good enough for my eyes) and AF (which, despite the fact that AF is virtually "free" these days, I usually just set to 8x since I have to look hard to spot the difference between it and 16x).
Don't cheap out on the AF there really is no point with such a GPU. Even at max settings a 670 should do the job at 50fps.

JaseC

Don't cheap out on the AF there really is no point with such a GPU. Even at max settings a 670 should do the job at 50fps.

That 1fps difference could itself be the difference between life and death! :p

Volimar

Dead Rising 3 updated again but still won't unlock.

BOOOOOOO the devs for letting us preload and then not letting us play early. What scumbags!

:p

@jshackles... thank you for your balloons and confetti on my Steam page! 10 years today.

10 years and so much has changed... first it was green, now it's black... and soon it will be blue.

Arthea

@jshackles... thank you for your balloons and confetti on my Steam page! 10 years today.

10 years and so much has changed... first it was green, now it's black... and soon it will be blue.

you mean first it was an apple, then it rotted away, and soon only sadness will remain?

JaseC

BlueRainbowFT
(Today, 05:54 PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom