• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ima be real with you guys
I want dino crisis 3 rereleased on steam
Dinosaurs IN SPACE sounds so ridiculos it is awesome and i want to play i just for that

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ima be real with you guys
I want dino crisis 3 rereleased on steam
Dinosaurs IN SPACE sounds so ridiculos it is awesome and i want to play i just for that

As someone who played DC3 as ridiculous as it sounds the camera switches are awful and mess up with the controllers often. The story tries to take itself extremely serious but its hard to and they added some dramatic elements that simply made it laughable. The best I can say its maybe the decent CG at the time and the game had some interesting idea behind it that would work better on another game skeleton.

Jawmuncher

Jaw don't be bitter :[

Bitter Jaw - A poster without hope

As someone who played DC3 as ridiculous as it sounds the camera switches are awful and mess up with the controllers often. The story tries to take itself extremely serious but its hard to and they added some dramatic elements that simply made it laughable. The best I can say its maybe the decent CG at the time and the game had some interesting idea behind it that would work better on another game skeleton.

That's about the nicest summary that game deserves.

kagamin

It's my birthday, y'all! :) So here are my old codes.

hatsune_miku_happy_birthday.jpg

I'm glad people are using IM@S gifs without me asking them to do so. Good job.

mp1990

Banned
Who's ready to be disappointed in 7 days?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Dawn -- MB-886E907DF8F354C6 - Taken by derExperte. 32 entrants total.

t1475262178z1.png

Nzyme32

Civ 6 is literally unplayable, I'm sad to say. It's the British Empire, she says it herself in her intro, you daft twits.

Yeah, there are some weird inconsistencies due to the Civ they have chosen and the time period. I assume Scotland will be put in at some point and that would obviously contradict Victoria's British Empire, while the game forcefully will call it English Empire - a phrase almost never said.

I suppose they have peered into the future and seen the inevitable independence of Scotland coming, and likely Northern Island and Wales to follow

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I need someone that works on Sega PC ports posting here to bug about Beach Spikers, Bayonetta, Resonance of Fate and Virtua Fighter 5 :(

Grief.exe

Lol, 3 second after I pause the Gears 4 pre-load GAF starts loading and YT starts playing.

Good job, MS.

That's how the internet works. You have a limited bandwidth and any client capable of utilizing 100% of that throughput is going to if you initiate a download.
You can generally limit bandwidth usage within the client or there are third party utilities to do so as well.

Every time I see a Fanto post, you always get me.

Lego Batman 2 you may be the most creative Lego game but the terrible camera and poor flight controls means I won't be getting 100%, not a headache I need

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JaseC / others that got into this debate a few months back:

Reddit user /u/Osga21 (who apparently is a developer for SpaceCorn) states:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/5578wt/is_every_steam_download_safe/d886iqx said:
When uploading your game to steam, it's not checked for viruses, it just goes straight to their servers, there is no verification process being done on their end.

I believe this was a point of contention when the Watch Paint Dry dev was able to get his game published on Steam without Valve approval, and people were wondering how much damage could have actually been done. I guess it could have been quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom